UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Whats the biggest biggest upset in boxing

12/25/11 3:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
moonmansniper
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

? Phone Post
12/25/11 12:11 PM
JrRapozo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree Buster taking out Iron Mike has to be the greatest.
12/26/11 4:37 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet

Edited: 12/26/11 4:45 PM
tyson douglas
12/26/11 11:58 PM
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Many people don't realize that when Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) beat Sonny Liston what a huge upset it was.
12/27/11 7:49 PM
gusto

buster douglas easy

12/29/11 8:05 AM
cool papa
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...i was gonna say douglas over tyson...but i guess that its been pointed out.
12/31/11 3:57 AM
pharochuck
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - Many people don't realize that when Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) beat Sonny Liston what a huge upset it was.
but clay was a gold medalist and had some good wins. he was expected to get beat, but he was younger and active. douglas was truly considered a no hoper and had basically quit twice in the ring before in fights he was winning. it was thought he had talent but no heart and no will to stand up to pressure. that was a recipe for disataer against tyson. it would have been considered a moral victory if douglas could have made it to the second round, instead he went out and not only won but stretched mike out. no one even cared about the fight. it was just another farce, he had beat the truth williams and a terrified bruno, and douglas was just more of the same. people were waiting for him to fight an actual tough guy and were waiting for holyfield who was on a tear in 89 with impressive wins against former champ dokes and top 10 guys like stewart and rodrigues

12/31/11 11:18 AM
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody says Tyson-Douglas I was just throwing a different fight out there. I believe Douglas was a 42-1 underdog, where as Ali was a 10-1. If I remember right the odds were so against Ali because he had almost been knocked out in his previous fight by Henry Cooper. The bookmakers figured Liston would kill the kid than.
1/11/12 4:02 PM
Cash coww

Khan vs Prescott lmao Phone Post
1/22/12 5:13 AM
BigFightFan
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Biggest upset is anyones guess. Biggest injustice in recent times is pacman v marquez! Phone Post
1/23/12 3:55 PM
pharochuck
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
 simon brown over terry norris was pretty big
1/24/12 2:31 PM
martinburke
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leon Spinks(6-0-1) SD15 Muhammad Ali?
1/26/12 6:16 AM
PTM2020
1113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigFightFan -  Biggest upset is anyones guess. Biggest injustice in recent times is pacman v marquez! Phone Post

Nah, that was a close fight with many rounds that could have gone either way.

You wanna see a real injustice, watch Williams VS Lara
1/26/12 2:11 PM
pharochuck

PTM2020 - 
BigFightFan -  Biggest upset is anyones guess. Biggest injustice in recent times is pacman v marquez! Phone Post

Nah, that was a close fight with many rounds that could have gone either way.

You wanna see a real injustice, watch Williams VS Lara
i'm a big williams fan, but he clearly lost that fight. kinda hilarious though to hear the comentary about how he should retire. he had a bad night

1/26/12 4:47 PM
MonsterMyke
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tyson v Douglas Phone Post
1/26/12 4:55 PM
pharochuck

Edited: 01/26/12 8:41 PM
MonsterMyke -  Tyson v Douglas Phone Post
i'm on the fence, i saw douglas a couple of times before that and he looked great the first few rounds against tucker. he always had the actual ability. if you showed a guy from the future some of tysons fights and some of douglas' fights and he didnt know of tyson's rep he wouldn't think it was an upset. i think of upsets in tune with no hopers pulling it off. spinks-ali is a good one

1/26/12 5:31 PM
martinburke
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Douglass was a huge underachiever. Had all the physical tools necessary.

Leon should have been on a box of Cocoa Puffs.
1/27/12 7:01 PM
LFTHK1

Douglas over Tyson for sure
1/31/12 2:56 PM
ToZo

Throw my vote towards Douglas/Tyson. Phone Post
2/2/12 9:26 PM
jcblass

Holyfield over Tyson was pretty big the first time. No one gave Evander a shot in that match. I remember the local newspaper making fun of Evander's leopard print shirt he wore to the press conference by saying it should have been made out of sheeps skin because he was about to be led to slaughter.
2/4/12 9:22 AM
U4EA
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Douglas was 42/1 at the only bookmaker that was offering odds on it. No fucking HW should be a 42/1 underdog ever unless their surname is "McNeeley", "Westphal" or "Dunn".
2/4/12 10:42 AM
martinburke

The bookmakers knew how delusional the average person was/is concerning Tyson.

Should a heavyweight called "Bodell" be in that group as well?:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfypx1zTRuQ
2/4/12 10:45 AM
martinburke

Here he is again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLJhiaqkf_o&feature=related
2/4/12 11:34 AM
U4EA
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did someone tell Bodell it was a foul to raise your hand above your clavicle?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.