UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fitch: I'm smoother than Hendricks

12/26/11 3:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

On paper, it seems like you and Johny Hendricks have a somewhat similar style, with a strong wrestling base and some striking mixed in. How much would you agree with that surface impression?

I think I'm a little bit smoother with mixing my stand-up and wrestling together. I think I'm a much better submission guy than him; I think I've got better jiu-jitsu.

I've got a ton more experience in the fight game. He's an outstanding wrestler, but I think my experience just in MMA and the fight game is what's going to overwhelm him in the fight.

You just mentioned your submissions. We haven't seen that from you very often. How much would you like to apply those skills in the future?

I do it when I can. I think it's difficult when you have opponents who are in the fight to not be finished, and they're not really fighting to win.

read entire article...

12/26/11 3:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smooth like Schlitz Malt Liquor.
12/26/11 3:40 PM
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read it as "I'll smother Hendrix" which wouldn't be all too surprising. Phone Post
12/26/11 3:40 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dennis Hallman is smoother than both.

Think he waxes.

Philosphical about the end of the world and Jesus' arrival. Phone Post
12/26/11 3:42 PM
RandyDarsh
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pork Sword - He's just finding random shit to say now so we don't forget about him. Phone Post
That's exactly what I thought, he needs to let his fighting do the talking. Then people will pay attention Phone Post
12/26/11 3:49 PM
ortman166

Fitch is swagger jacking gsp IMO the the whole "opponents fighting not to get finished" nonsense. Phone Post
12/26/11 3:49 PM
ortman166

GrayKickass - I read it as "I'll smother Hendrix" which wouldn't be all too surprising. Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
12/26/11 4:27 PM
RandyDarsh
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 - Fitch is swagger jacking gsp IMO the the whole "opponents fighting not to get finished" nonsense. Phone Post
Everyone wants to finish fitch, no one fights fitch and "tries not to lose". Phone Post
12/26/11 4:33 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/26/11 4:33 PM
"You just mentioned your submissions. We haven't seen that from you very often. How much would you like to apply those skills in the future?

I do it when I can. I think it's difficult when you have opponents who are in the fight to not be finished, and they're not really fighting to win."

LOL this is pure irony. Does Fitch watch his own fights?
12/26/11 4:35 PM
RONxBURGUNDY
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really hoping jon can finish and shut some of you guys tfu. He's a top 5 p4p but due to not finishing gets no respect. Even if he finishes Friday people will probably still call it a miracle. Phone Post
12/26/11 4:41 PM
Official Chambermaid of the UKTT
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RandyDarsh - 
Pork Sword - He's just finding random shit to say now so we don't forget about him. Phone Post
That's exactly what I thought, he needs to let his fighting do the talking. Then people will pay attention Phone Post

you guys realize he was asked a question and simply answered it, right?  it's not like he put this out in a press release or something...
12/26/11 5:54 PM
GutturalReef
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chris80cent - 
GrayKickass - I read it as "I'll smother Hendrix" which wouldn't be all too surprising.
I actually read it like that to... Not to be an asshole, but I actually did...

12/26/11 6:12 PM
crantis

GutturalReef - 
chris80cent - 
GrayKickass - I read it as "I'll smother Hendrix" which wouldn't be all too surprising.
I actually read it like that to... Not to be an asshole, but I actually did...

lol. I read it that way too, I was just like, 'yep.'
12/26/11 7:01 PM
quick
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just lol at his opponents fighting to not be finished. Go figure.
12/26/11 7:03 PM
myee8

Finish a goddamn fight for once Fitch! Phone Post
12/26/11 7:05 PM
Nick Diaz Fan

zzzzzzz....
12/27/11 3:33 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch is delusional. He just refuses to accept the fact that the reason he can't finish anyone is because he focuses on control and doesn't do anything to threaten them. No fighter lets another fighter finish them. The fighters who are good at finishing go for it. Fitch doesn't have, or at least is afraid to use, finishing skills. It has nothing to do with the opponents "fighting not to get finished". That's the stupidest spin on reality in the world of MMA.
12/27/11 4:01 AM
Kanabull
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't hate on Fitch for getting his paycheck. If he ever wants to make some big cheddar, everybody including him knows what he has to do. Until then he can keep picking up medium paydays with UD's. Phone Post
12/27/11 5:03 AM
Donald Rice Cerrone

I Hendricks has a real good shot to win this. Fitch maybe can't get him down/keep him down. Johnny might be able to win the standup and get some good shots off...

also LOL at fitch critizing anyone for fighting "not to lose" but "not to win". REALLY jon??? you trollin?
12/27/11 6:41 AM
guitarra

I wouldn't be surprised if Hendricks outwrestled Fitch. He doesn't exactly have the best defensive wrestling Phone Post
12/27/11 3:23 PM
r_o_y

Large Fun Bags - I am willing to say Jon Fitch will not finish another fight in the UFC

i was a fan of his and i guess i still am. i'm not sure what is up with him. he has the tools i swear but he won't use them i don't know. i thought he could have tkoed penn,it seemed like penn was done,it was a wrap. who knows though i'm not a fighter so who knows what is going on in fitch's head. your right i don't think he will finish another fight.
12/27/11 3:31 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RONxBURGUNDY - Really hoping jon can finish and shut some of you guys tfu. He's a top 5 p4p but due to not finishing gets no respect. Even if he finishes Friday people will probably still call it a miracle. Phone Post

If he finishes on Friday it would be a miracle
12/31/11 2:01 AM
Kanabull

Real smooth Jonny Boy. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.