UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Time for your 2012 penny stock picks!!

12/28/11 4:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
metrocksncn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

after briefly going through vegasdolphin's thread regarding 2011 penny stock picks, I thought that it was time for a reboot.

What are your picks for 2012? Im a total beginner when it comes to investing, I"m hoping to catch some hints, pointers, some basic guidelines for investing. Hopefully this thread helps me and anyone else who is interested.. 
1/3/12 1:13 PM
qcddog03
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#ThatsWhatHoesDo, Owner
 in
1/5/12 3:58 PM
Barbartha
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
1/10/12 2:09 PM
thepriest555
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been interested in doing this too.  Sub'd.
1/23/12 10:52 PM
HaoleBoy
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not penny stocks per say but real companies that are priced for going out of business - I dont think they are

disclosure - I own all of these

cbcr.pk bank recovery play

trmd shipping recovery play

sppr hotel reit

nbg National Bank of Greece

bbx - bank recovery play
1/23/12 10:53 PM
HaoleBoy
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CBCR.PK

TRMD

SPPR

NBG

BBX

a little more clear

dont buy anything because someone told you to
use Yahoo Finance
seeking alpha .com
and quantum online

do your own DD
1/28/12 2:24 PM
LiveWire
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn near a penny stock: AVNR
2/7/12 3:57 PM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
 ttt
2/10/12 4:07 AM
Vinnie G
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed.
3/15/12 3:58 PM
DirkH
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boy I'm suprised this thread died so quickly.
4/14/12 11:32 AM
Snappy Whistleteeth
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ecdc
kmag
coin

Do your own DD but these are some good ones. 
5/5/12 7:03 PM
WRESTLENOW

lol, laziest pump and dumper ever.
5/18/12 5:51 PM
LiveWire
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAKO
6/8/12 3:53 PM
Bean Bag
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have done some deep DD but don't have time to explain each stock fully.  I will keep it brief.

NAVB  $2.91
It has been taking off the last couple of days because Sheff's station has been pumping the stock.  They have a FDA catylyst die on  9/10  for  Lymphoseek®  and it is ecpected to be approved.  Dilution is possible but the CEO recently said that most likely won't happen.  When  Lymphoseek®
will have an imediate launch with Cardinal Health.  
They have other products in line but Lymphoseek gives them a moat, assuming it is approved.
More info and caluation here:
http://lifetechcapital.com/ltc/2012/05/navidea-navb-update-05-14-12/ 

HZNP $3.96
Bio-catylyst run up candidate. PDUFA catylyst on 7/26 for Lodotra,  a proprietary programmed-release formulation of low-dose prednisone for arthritus.  As most of you know, prednisone is already an approved medication but Horizone owns a patent for a slower release medication.  The drug is already approved in the EU and Canada which bodes well for FDA approval.   Over the last six months, insiders were net buyers of 1,511,150 shares, which represents about 5.96% of the company's 25.35M share float.  2 year price targets have been estimated at $10 to $16.
http://ir.horizon-pharma.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=672225 

ECTE $1.86 
I work in the healthcare industry and Echo Therapeutic's  Symphony™ tCGM System  is an absolutely necessary device for hospitals and outpatient clinics.  Symphony™  is a non-invasive (needle-free), wireless, transdermal continuous glucose monitoring (tCGM) system focused on changing the paradigm of invasive, episodic glucose testing in diabetes home use and hospital critical care markets. There are non-invasive units available today by many manufactures but there isn't one that can submit continuous data to EHR's/EMR's like Echo's.  

They have a presentation tonight at the American Diabetes Association (ADA).

Lots of insider buying (grants) over the last few months.
Valuation $ 5-8 .
* I do worry about dilution over the next year.  Symphony™  may not hit the market until 2013-14.   I have a small stake that I will increase closer to product release dates in the future.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/624021-4-reasons-to-buy-echo-therapeutics?source=yahoo 

It will probably be bought out when they get closer to market launch.
6/8/12 3:54 PM
Bean Bag

Edited: 06/08/12 3:55 PM
  CHRI.ob $.033
This is my old reliable stock.  I buy when it is below $.03 and I sell when it is $.04 or above.

It has a PE .80 which is not uncommon for Chinese pennies but this one actually is profitable and reports actual numbers.  Quarterly growth has been 104% yoy.  
                                                                                     2011                                         2010                                  2009
Gross Profit 10,282,000   4,515,000   641,000 

Total Assets 14,368   5,728   2,190  

Total Liabilities 2,680   1,909   1,303 

Currently, they are trying to acquire HBRM and trying to do so at a discount.  The main purpose of HBRM is allow CHRI to have better access to the American market and to shake off the Chinese stock stigma of fairy tail accounting.  I really don't care if HBRM turns down the offer because they are profit less company with no earnings to date.  

Company Overview
China Health Resource, Inc. (CHRI) is a pharmaceutical company. The Company operates through it wholly owned subsidiary Suining Shi Yinfa Bai Zhi Chan Ye You Xian Gong Si (Yinfa). Yinfa is a Chinese pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing Dahurian Angelica Root (DAR), a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). The Company focuses on distributing DAR and its related products for the treatment of pain, swelling and pustule. Currently, CHRI sells 80% of all DAR in China and is looking to have a bigger impact on the US market.

6/10/12 11:53 AM
justin@gosscpa.com
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Goss, CPA, MSA
With all the great companies trading now days, why invest in penny stocks??? But if you're going to play penny stocks, do the ones with zero information dissemination.... No analyst following, no headlines, etc... The only thing you should have are SEC filings.

Companies, with no information dissemination are more likely to be mis-priced, than companies with 20 headlines per day and a dozen analyst followings. Extract info from the SEC filings to determine if you think the market is being fair... If there's inefficiencies, take advantage.
6/19/12 5:16 PM
Snappy Whistleteeth
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a bad couple of calls there Bean Bag. ECTE is the only one that's down right now.
7/14/12 5:37 PM
Ocean6

Hey, you penny stock guys, please read this thread about the OG Bitcoin Cartel.

We need some smart people on this:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=2&thread=2020699&page=1&pc=323
7/15/12 3:11 PM
justin@gosscpa.com
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Goss, CPA, MSA
Just for giggles I back-tested a penny stock strategy and earned over 17,000% in one year. Unfortunately, this strategy has over 40 positions and requires daily re-balancing. In addition, if one were to actually make the trades from the screen, the effect of those trades would significantly alter the price of the stock, and therefore lessen the return. The screen is just for giggles.

You can back-test your own screens at stockscreen123.com for free. Let us know if your penny-stock strategy surpasses 17,000%.
10/24/12 9:35 AM
SiftMyMind

HaoleBoy - CBCR.PK

TRMD

SPPR

NBG

BBX

a little more clear

dont buy anything because someone told you to
use Yahoo Finance
seeking alpha .com
and quantum online

do your own DD

Good post!

Any other research sites you recommend?

Any thoughts on paid subscription sites such as Motley Fool, Street Authority, etc.?

Thanks

10/24/12 9:44 AM
SiftMyMind

justin@gosscpa.com - Just for giggles I back-tested a penny stock strategy and earned over 17,000% in one year. Unfortunately, this strategy has over 40 positions and requires daily re-balancing. In addition, if one were to actually make the trades from the screen, the effect of those trades would significantly alter the price of the stock, and therefore lessen the return. The screen is just for giggles.

You can back-test your own screens at stockscreen123.com for free. Let us know if your penny-stock strategy surpasses 17,000%.

Very interesting.

Could you develop from this a penny stock strategy that can be more realistically implemented (albeit with lower returns)?

By ‘more realistically implemented ’ I mean a strategy that would have fewer positions and would require less rebalancing?

Thanks

10/24/12 2:13 PM
justin@gosscpa.com

Justin Goss, CPA, MSA
SiftMyMind - 
justin@gosscpa.com - Just for giggles I back-tested a penny stock strategy and earned over 17,000% in one year. Unfortunately, this strategy has over 40 positions and requires daily re-balancing. In addition, if one were to actually make the trades from the screen, the effect of those trades would significantly alter the price of the stock, and therefore lessen the return. The screen is just for giggles.

Very interesting.

Could you develop from this a penny stock strategy that can be more realistically implemented (albeit with lower returns)?

By ‘more realistically implemented ’ I mean a strategy that would have fewer positions and would require less rebalancing?

Thanks

I'm a very skeptical person, so I don't think there are risk adjusted profits that can be made with penny stocks. They're just a gamble, (not an investment) to me.

I forget what my penny-stock screen was when I originally posted, but you can have fun trying to figure out a strategy with stockscreen123.com. I suggest starting out with a performance metric, (such as ROA) and a valuation metric, (such as p/e or b/m). If you're really sold on penny-stocks, you could add the criteria "less than $1."
1/5/13 5:09 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/13/13 10:46 AM
Bean Bag

Bean Bag -   CHRI.ob $.033
This is my old reliable stock.  I buy when it is below $.03 and I sell when it is $.04 or above.

It has a PE .80 which is not uncommon for Chinese pennies but this one actually is profitable and reports actual numbers.  Quarterly growth has been 104% yoy.  
                                                                                     2011                                         2010                                  2009
Gross Profit 10,282,000   4,515,000   641,000 

Total Assets 14,368   5,728   2,190  

Total Liabilities 2,680   1,909   1,303 

Currently, they are trying to acquire HBRM and trying to do so at a discount.  The main purpose of HBRM is allow CHRI to have better access to the American market and to shake off the Chinese stock stigma of fairy tail accounting.  I really don't care if HBRM turns down the offer because they are profit less company with no earnings to date.  

Company Overview
China Health Resource, Inc. (CHRI) is a pharmaceutical company. The Company operates through it wholly owned subsidiary Suining Shi Yinfa Bai Zhi Chan Ye You Xian Gong Si (Yinfa). Yinfa is a Chinese pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing Dahurian Angelica Root (DAR), a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). The Company focuses on distributing DAR and its related products for the treatment of pain, swelling and pustule. Currently, CHRI sells 80% of all DAR in China and is looking to have a bigger impact on the US market.

My old reliable has been blowing up lately on no posted news. Earnings are due soon and there is speculation that they are looks to buy/merge with a US company to broaden their market.
3/19/13 7:46 PM
Todd Lally

HENC.OB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oil sands play in AUS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look it up boys!

I have 36,000 shares at about .20-.40 cents

it is at .45 right now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.