UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Don't count out the Lakers yet.

3/12/12 4:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTM2020
1097 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been wating to see THIS all season!!!

3/12/12 6:28 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been waiting all season to them squeak by some dinosaurs?
3/12/12 7:04 AM
PTM2020
1097 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pick a front runner to root for yet? or are you gonna wait till after the finals in June?
3/12/12 12:07 PM
Floppy Divac
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously though, while it had to be an entertaining game to watch as a Laker fan (or fan of basketball period) I didn't see it as anything that would give me confidence that the Lakers are going to be doing anything this postseason.
3/12/12 12:12 PM
acid jazz
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floppy Divac -  Seriously though, while it had to be an entertaining game to watch as a Laker fan (or fan of basketball period) I didn't see it as anything that would give me confidence that the Lakers are going to be doing anything this postseason.

I agree. They look bad right now. Unless they make some blockbuster trade, I think this will be a rough season.
3/12/12 12:53 PM
DJJo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would like to see us get Beasley somehow with our first round pick from the Lamar trade and Sessions in the offseason. I just don't see us getting one player that will put us over the hump this year.
3/12/12 1:12 PM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTM2020 -  pick a front runner to root for yet? or are you gonna wait till after the finals in June?

Teams I am currently cheering for in every game they play (obv there would be a conflict if they played each other:

Celtics
Heat
Thunder
Clippers
Mavericks

I think this year may be the Heat's only chance at a title (before Thunder/Bulls/others get too good).
3/12/12 1:13 PM
Windfall

Sorry for being a fan of the sport of basketball, and not a fan of an ownership group, a color scheme, a city I have no affiliation with, and a rapist.
3/12/12 6:06 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 03/12/12 6:12 PM
Floppy Divac -  Seriously though, while it had to be an entertaining game to watch as a Laker fan (or fan of basketball period) I didn't see it as anything that would give me confidence that the Lakers are going to be doing anything this postseason.

You guys are missing the point and didn't bother watching the vid.

The play inside the huddle was for the usual Kobe clear out.   Out of the huddle Kobe tells Ron, get it into Drew and tells Drew he's go the shot, and thats what they did.

First time I've ever seen Kobe defer the final shot to Bynum.  EVER.   Drew was killing the Celts all night long and THAT was the play that needed to happen.   I've been saying it all year how the team doesn't take advantage of the size advantages we enjoy inside.  Last night was a breakthrough game and every big Kobe fan was elated about what he did.

3/12/12 6:08 PM
PTM2020

Windfall - Sorry for being a fan of the sport of basketball, and not a fan of an ownership group, a color scheme, a city I have no affiliation with, and a rapist.

He's been raping your teams for years.  Maybe thats why you jump from team to team.

Don't worry though, Bandwaggons will always have room for you.
3/12/12 6:16 PM
Windfall

Edited: 03/12/12 6:15 PM
Yes, when Garnett randomly came up lame in 2009, and when Perkins got mauled in 2010 - that was your boyfriend raping my team.

The 3-peat wasn't meant to be - but its on to a new era - an era I will in which I will continue to 'root' in an objective and fair manner.
3/12/12 6:19 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 03/12/12 6:22 PM
Not my fault about how fragile poor little Perky boy is.   Maybe he should try ballet or something.  Keep making that excuse all the while ignoring how we didn't have Bynum in 09.

and lol @ objective & fair.

Objective & Fair to whomever is winning at that point and time! LOL
Then when the next team starts to win you will be Objective and Fairly rooting for them, that is, up until the next, next team comes along.

3/12/12 6:36 PM
Windfall

^ If only that were so - you see, I cheered vehemently for the Mavs against the Lakers and the Heat - and no one (even when up 2-0 on the Lakers) thought they were going to win.

Was I a front-runner?
3/12/12 6:48 PM
Floppy Divac
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You guys are missing the point and didn't bother watching the vid.

The play inside the huddle was for the usual Kobe clear out.   Out of the huddle Kobe tells Ron, get it into Drew and tells Drew he's go the shot, and thats what they did.

First time I've ever seen Kobe defer the final shot to Bynum.  EVER.   Drew was killing the Celts all night long and THAT was the play that needed to happen.   I've been saying it all year how the team doesn't take advantage of the size advantages we enjoy inside.  Last night was a breakthrough game and every big Kobe fan was elated about what he did."

LOL!!!!  Yeah, Kobe fans were elated, while realistic Laker fans know that an unselfish decision (wow such growth!!) from Kobe isn't going to be the team change necessary to get the Lakers to a title.  Not trying to be a jerk, just think that you and espn are making more of it than there really is to it.  "Wow Kobe made an unselfish decision and the team was able to capitalize on it!!!  Holy fuck it's like they're a completely different team playing a completely different type of basketball!!"  Sorry bro, not happenin.  

P.S. While your team is nowhere near as dismal as mine has been for the past years, lately you remind me of my old self from 5 or so seasons back.  When I was black out drunk posting optimistically about how my bottom of the barrel Kings were gonna do big things this season.  Again, not saying that your team is that bad or that you're getting shitfaced like I was all the time, just the blind optimism.  And there's nothing wrong with that either way.  :)
3/12/12 7:03 PM
Floppy Divac

And the "trick play" didn't even create anything really.  Bynum got the same defensive look he would have even if Kobe hadn't "fooled em all".  It could be said that Pierce was half a step slow coming over to help, but I think that's par for the course for him (and most of the Celtics) these days.
3/14/12 4:32 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 03/14/12 4:39 PM
 Nah, It's big.  You don't understand,  I've been yelling at my TV about it for years. 

The only other times I remember it happening was with Ron Ron on game 7 and Fisher here & there throughout the years, but this was to BYNUM.
BYNUM!!!  The guy he initially didn't believe in.
First time ever to Bynum in the clutch. 

Bynum is sorta looked at as the future of the franchise and the moment was a smidgen of a semblence of passing the torch. 

3/14/12 4:35 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 03/14/12 4:44 PM
Windfall - ^ If only that were so - you see, I cheered vehemently for the Mavs against the Lakers and the Heat - and no one (even when up 2-0 on the Lakers) thought they were going to win.

Was I a front-runner?

yep.

EVERYONE dislikes the Lakers and roots against them.  Its just the cool normal thing for a hater to do. lol

And everyone outside of Miami was rooting for the heat to lose.

You're trying to get cred for THAT???  LOL.  Even I was rooting for DIrk and he just fucken raped my  team!
3/14/12 4:45 PM
Floppy Divac

lol, I'm pretty sure I understand.  I just think it's too little too late to change who they are and what they're going to do this season.  It'll be cool if they decide to build around Bynum and use him like this on a regular basis in future seasons. But I don't think it's really going to transform into a consistent plan of attack until Kobe has declined too much to do otherwise or just ends up elsewhere. 

I compare this development to what I saw in last nights Warriors vs Kings game.  Jason Thompson about to inbound the ball to Tyreke Evans and Isaiah Thomas pipes up with a "Eh eh!!" and Thompson then inbounds it to him rather than to the blackhole that can sometimes be Tyreke. Made me happy to see a change for the positive, but it's not going to make a huge difference overall in this season.  Haha, at this point I'm just being negative nancy, if the Lakers stick with this strategy CONSISTENTLY in future seasons I see good things for them.  Time will tell.  :)
3/14/12 4:50 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 03/14/12 5:16 PM
 hopefully.  Last night I saw more lob assists to Drew than I've ever seen in my life.

Look at the stats.

37pts  14 reb 4ast

15-18fg.    7-8 ft

3/14/12 5:30 PM
Floppy Divac

God damn!!  lol, and so it begins....
3/14/12 5:46 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Windfall - Sorry for being a fan of the sport of basketball, and not a fan of an ownership group, a color scheme, a city I have no affiliation with, and a rapist.

Just lol at that shit.
3/18/12 4:50 AM
PTM2020

Thinkin of gettin this shirt.

3/18/12 2:15 PM
Floppy Divac

LOL!! That is a fuckin awesome shirt.
3/24/12 1:58 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at the game tonight and Ramon Sessions looked really good. The game flows so much better with him starting. He had a couple of errant passes, but some of them were because others weren't expecting the ball to be passed to them in such a way. The future looks bright.
3/24/12 3:26 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems like a loooong time since LA has had point guard play like that. Feels different and good.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.