UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> the two witnesses in revelation 11

12/28/11 2:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pretjah
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so a question for you all

do you believe these witnesses will be actual people?  i've heard anythign from elijah and enoch to people of that time period

or do you believe it's purely symbolic and the two witnesses refer to the old test and new test?

or symbolic and it refers to judaism and christianity?
12/30/11 1:52 PM
thedogofdogs
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It refers to two people.
12/30/11 3:35 PM
Benedictus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or two nations? I haven't read too much from it. I have an EO Study bible I glean from. I'll have to check their commentary on it. Phone Post
12/30/11 3:41 PM
Pretjah
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm currently torn between it being enoch and elijiah or judaism and christianity.

i lean towards it being hte religions right now because i can't see the world rejoicing over the death of two men.

however i can see a majority of muslims(not all) and 99.9% of atheists being super happy if they believed judaism and christianity were dead.
12/30/11 5:16 PM
TheHawker
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are presupposing a future literal fulfillment of the vision of Revelation.

Perhaps its not a prediction of future events?
12/31/11 9:28 AM
Pretjah

well unless the beast (the antichrist)  hasn't come yet (which he hasn't)  then it is a future prophecy.
12/31/11 5:41 PM
yusul
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think they are two people. saying 2 nations are prophesying for 3 years wearing sacks is pretty strange.
1/2/12 2:56 PM
yusul
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

incorrect, it isn't satan, i believe it's the beast or the antichrist.
1/3/12 9:00 PM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can the people that follow the false Christ be blamed ? If the AC comes as Christ, performing superhuman miracles and such, w/ a positive loving message (even if lies), will those duped by him be held accountable ? How could someone who has not grown up in the word or spent years learning it really be able to discern the AC from the true Christ based on what they know (or don't know) ?? Will they burn ? have a 2nd chance at salvation ?
1/9/12 10:38 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"fire of heaven" by bill myers is a great fictional book on this subject btw. It is part of a trilogy, but u can read it by itself Phone Post
9/1/12 9:57 AM
phydeau
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benedictus -  Or two nations? I haven't read too much from it. I have an EO Study bible I glean from. I'll have to check their commentary on it. Phone Post

what is the EO Study Bible?
9/1/12 9:58 AM
phydeau
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretjah -  so a question for you all

do you believe these witnesses will be actual people?  i've heard anythign from elijah and enoch to people of that time period

or do you believe it's purely symbolic and the two witnesses refer to the old test and new test?

or symbolic and it refers to judaism and christianity?

BTW, Moses & Elijah IMO.
9/1/12 9:59 AM
phydeau

TheHawker - You are presupposing a future literal fulfillment of the vision of Revelation.

Perhaps its not a prediction of future events?

Yes, something that I only recently learned is a minoraty view among protestants.
9/2/12 2:43 PM
Ridgeback

phydeau - 
Benedictus -  Or two nations? I haven't read too much from it. I have an EO Study bible I glean from. I'll have to check their commentary on it. Phone Post

what is the EO Study Bible?

My guess is Eastern Orthodox.  Or at least I do have an actual Eastern Orthodox study bible.  
9/2/12 2:43 PM
Ridgeback

Edited: 09/03/12 3:14 PM

11/4/12 11:39 AM
YoungGunABKJ

again thier is more than one antichrist[just not the antichrist]
11/4/12 7:27 PM
thedogofdogs
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

symbolic...two of the major religions.

11/8/12 4:27 PM
TeaBaggedbyMagicUndies
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hm. I think two people.. i guess we'll find out sometime. Phone Post
12/15/12 2:14 AM
A.W.Ashford
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what would sakuraba do - In rev it says you "burn for ever and ever..." . At first glance sounds self explanitory. Upon closer inspection you realize: . . 1. "forever" & "for [space] ever" arent the same, even in english. In greek, it means "for a time". Crazy, huh?

WUT? Phone Post
12/20/12 1:30 PM
A.W.Ashford

http://carm.org/look-phrase-forever-and-ever Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.