UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana: "Torres is BACK"

12/28/11 5:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Ariel Helwani

Dana says Torres is back. Torres has donated money to local rape centers, visited them. Dana says Torres was very remorseful.
12/28/11 5:05 PM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/28/11 5:07 PM
Cyril Jeff

Edited: 12/28/11 5:19 PM
 glad Miguel is back, I'm sure this came as quite a surprise...
12/28/11 5:09 PM
TheFlyingGentlemen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana did the right thing bringing Torres back. Phone Post
12/28/11 5:13 PM
Cyril Jeff

TheFlyingGentlemen -  Dana did the right thing bringing Torres back. Phone Post

agreed, he made a mistake, apologized, won the MiddleEasy Tweeter of the Year Award, and now he's back in the UFC.
12/28/11 5:14 PM
explodingboy

He didnt want Bellator to have him. Fair enough, was always going to happen.
12/28/11 5:15 PM
Cyril Jeff

explodingboy - He didnt want Bellator to have him. Fair enough, was always going to happen.

you thought so?

12/28/11 5:16 PM
Cyril Jeff

Matt Brown

Say Miguel has undergone rape sensitivity classes as well as volunteer work at rape crisis centers in Chicago
Retweeted by
12/28/11 5:16 PM
Cyril Jeff

12/28/11 5:17 PM
Chomas
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool
12/28/11 5:17 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never should have been cut but glad he's back. Phone Post
12/28/11 5:18 PM
Cyril Jeff

Following Twitter-related release, Miguel Torres rejoins UFC roster

LAS VEGAS – Miguel Torres' UFC release proved a rather short one.

Following a press conference ahead of Friday's UFC 141 event, UFC president Dana White was joined by the former WEC champion.

White confirmed that despite the fighter's release from the promotion earlier this month due to a controversial Twitter message he posted, Torres has rejoined the organization. Torres' representatives confirmed the move when contacted by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

According to White, Torres donated money to local rape centers and made visits to them as a volunteer. White said he's also undergone sensitivity classes.

"He handled his business like a man," said White, who claims Torres showed remorse over the situation.

The UFC released Torres on Dec. 8. It all originated from a tweet the fighter posted to his personal account.

"If a windowless van was called a surprise van, more people wouldn't mind going for rides in them," Torres stated. "Everyone likes surprises."

The line actually paid homage to "Workaholics" – a Comedy Central sitcom – but the joke apparently fell on deaf ears. Following recent and public snafus caused by fellow UFC fighters Forrest Griffin's and Rashad Evans' controversial tweets and comments that touched on rape, UFC officials ultimately made an example out of Torres and terminated his contract.

-read the rest here-
12/28/11 5:19 PM
explodingboy

Edited: 12/28/11 5:19 PM
Cyril Jeff - 
explodingboy - He didnt want Bellator to have him. Fair enough, was always going to happen.

you thought so?

Well I shouldnt say like I knew it was definitely going to happen but I always imagined Torres would be back. UFC wouldnt want an established high level fighter whose nearly every fight has been on TV getting locked into a long term contract with Bellator and ending up on Spike in 12 month's time. 

12/28/11 5:21 PM
Cyril Jeff

explodingboy - 
Cyril Jeff - 

you thought so?

Well I should say like I knew it was definitely going to happen but I always imagined Torres would be back. UFC wouldnt want an established high level fighter whose nearly every fight has been on TV getting locked into a long term contract with Bellator and ending up on Spike in 12 month's time. 

I 100% agree on not wanting him to have a go at Bellator, but when they let Roger leave, I figured it wouldn't be out of consideration to not let Miguel back, and for sure not this fast.

in the end, I'm really glad he's back.
12/28/11 5:21 PM
RockForLight

Is that Dave Attell in that first pic?
12/28/11 5:27 PM
Chris27

Great news, I'm glad he is back, the BW div needs another top fighter to fight Cruz/Faber winner.

Will we see Torres/McDonald happen or Torres/Bowles rematch?

Dana was wrong to cut him and not punish Rashad, Dana fucked up, glad he came to his senses.

He can even save face by saying Torres did these things, nobody told him to do it, he showed he fucked up, he didnt bitch, cry, diss Dana/UFC, he handled his business like a man and for that we brought him back.

Even if he should have never been cut in the first place, if you were gonna cut him Rashad shoudl have been cut as well and Dana got hammered for being inconsistent.

12/28/11 5:28 PM
Marco808

da Vinci 81 - Never should have been cut but glad he's back.

12/28/11 5:31 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Good, now I can change my FB profile pic.
12/28/11 5:33 PM
Cyril Jeff

RockForLight - Is that Dave Attell in that first pic?

close, Dave Sholler.
12/28/11 5:33 PM
jjj2121

Jordan Breen has been calling this for a couple weeks now. Said Torres was going to lay low and be brought back shortly.
12/28/11 5:34 PM
Blott Scevins
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/28/11 5:35 PM
SleepBomb

you ain't above the law porker

rape vans for all
12/28/11 5:56 PM
FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanHendersonsAsymetricSmile - Torres looks like he's in the middle school principal's office

lol yeah he does.
12/28/11 5:58 PM
Authority Figure

Can't stand Dana. smh.
12/28/11 5:59 PM
Madrugadao

I don't think Miguel was ever really cut but it got everyone moaning about bringing him back, rather than moaning about various fighters rape jokes, so all's well that ends well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.