UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Masato Uchishiba facing rape charges...

12/29/11 9:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe you've already seen this. I haven't been around judo long enough to get a good idea of who he is.

2-time Olympic gold medalist facing rape charges.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/judo/story/_/id/7392167/masato-uchishiba-charged-rape

Also, fired for sexually harassing a student.

Not sure if the rape accusation is true.

Here's Uchishiba losing to Khashbaatar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WafEiz-Nqmc

Here's an Uchishiba highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y3th-MKF-4
12/30/11 12:31 AM
keseki
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Word on the street is that he's screwed, whatever really happened, and "people" believe that she was too drunk to "consent". And even if she did consent, he's still screwed.

Working with girls is a risky business.

12/30/11 1:36 AM
Seong gyeong
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QFT
12/30/11 9:12 AM
Chocolate Shatner
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

keseki - Word on the street is that he's screwed, whatever really happened, and "people" believe that she was too drunk to "consent". And even if she did consent, he's still screwed.

Sorry man, but he fucked himself over. I've even met the dude, and he definitely had a "prima donna" attitude, as bad as any NFL T.O/Ochocinco shit.

There are quite a few things going against him in this.

1. The girl was under 20. IE: Below the adult age in Japan.
2. He gave her alcohol.
3. She was a member of the judo team HE was the coach of.

So, even if she did consent, he had a position of power over her, and he got an underage student drunk before having sex with her.

Sadly, there will be those who will still support him, because of his gold medals. But, let's look at it this way: the guy was one of the few bright spots, competition wise, for Japan for 2 Olympics. Multiple time world champ, etc. In Japan, their judo stars are taken care of after retirement, with many of them being taken on as National team coaches, or for major universities in the Tokyo/Osaka area.

Where does Uchishiba end up? In the comparative fucing boonies. I mean, honestly, the Kyushu University of Nursing and Social Welfare, and as an associate professor even? He had to have pissed off some high up fuckers in the Japan judo world to have ended up there.

Basically, I think he's brought it upon himself.
12/30/11 10:50 PM
Seong gyeong

Thanks for those details, and legit LOL @ "he definitely had a "prima donna" attitude, as bad as any NFL T.O/Ochocinco shit."

12/31/11 12:55 AM
traneufcisback
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no matter the attitude, i wouldn't wish a rape charge on anyone.

12/31/11 2:54 AM
Chocolate Shatner
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

traneufcisback - <p>no matter the attitude, i wouldn't wish a rape charge on anyone.</p>

imagine how the girl feels.
1/1/12 12:14 AM
keseki
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/01/12 12:20 AM
No need to be sorry--this is what I said. Whether the below three points are true or not he's screwed

1. The girl was under 20. IE: Below the adult age in Japan.
2. He gave her alcohol.
3. She was a member of the judo team HE was the coach of.

In Japan and Korea, teachers are supposed to be "in loco parentis" (taking the place of their parents for the benefit of their education). If you have sex with girls that you are supposed to be educating, you are screwed, and that's both the short and long story.

I teach in Japan and I taught in Korea. The first thing the Dept. Head told me when I got to Korea was "don't make merry with the students". They didn't care what else you did or didn't do, but absolutely keep your hands off the girls. Even looking like you are doing it you will be screwed. Even having someone say you did it, when you really didn't, will usually be enough to get you screwed. In Japan, basically the same.

Now if you are very good at keeping things hidden you could theoretically get away with it once. Say you meet a girl in a different part of town, she knows you, but you don't know her. She makes all the moves. College students can look very different when they put on their make-up and you see them out of the usual context. She might not even be one of your own students. That doesn't matter. You learn too late what the deal is. She decides to drop a dime,you start looking for another job in a different country.

1/1/12 3:24 AM
Chocolate Shatner

keseki, where you at? I'm in Nagano myself. And while I've never had the "keep your hands off the girls" speech, I've not been a school teacher for students old enough. The schools I've worked in, the oldest student was 7.
1/2/12 12:39 AM
keseki

Edited: 01/02/12 12:45 AM
That comment above was about Korea in 1986. I taught/teach college students.

Japan is different from pre-1988 Korea. English teachers at even top Korean universities were any native speaker who was willing to do the job, very few (Western) people in Korea back then, other than missionaries, GIs, and Peace Corps folk. Not many Americans with advanced degrees from good universities wanted to go to Korea back then.

Most such teachers were young males, and understandably the temptations were not imaginary. Korean girls can be very appealing when they put on their make-up. Probably a lot different now, in Korea today you need a Harvard or Yale Ph.D., to be an English teacher.

Word on the street is that there is hotel security camera tape of Uchishiba carrying the unconscious girl on his shoulder into a room. He says it was consensual. Even though she was too drunk to stand up. Somehow I don't think he is going to come out of this well. But it is well known that some men will risk everything for a single copulatory opportunity. Japanese people know this. No one is either morally enraged or surprised. They think it was inevitable and that he deserves what he is getting. He shouldn't have been in that job in the first place.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.