UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Volkmann wants to punch Joe Rogan in the nuts

12/31/11 10:41 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Folowing a win over Antonio 'Mandingo' McKee at UFC 125, Jacob Volkmann was asked the standard question: Who do you want to fight next? His reply was anything but standard, naming the "idiot" Barack Obama as the next guy he wanted to meet inside the cage.

That earned him a visit from the Secret Service two days later, two weeks of (forced but paid) leave from his job, a reprimand from the high school where he works as an assistant wrestlng coach, and a vast amount of bad press, in a sport that as yet remains just outside of the mainstream.

Volkmann apologized and moved on. Then last night post fight in the Octagon, Volkmann asked Joe Rogan if he could say two things.

Rogan obliged and his first statement was fine and predictable, a challenge to the UFC Lightweight champion. "Frankie, work on your takedown defense. I'm coming and I'm taking you down."

Volkmann's next statement may have been predictable given his history, but it was not fine.

"Obama needs a glassectomy," said Volkmann. "Ask me what a glassectomy is, Joe," said Volkmann. Rogan asked, and Volkmann continued.

"It's where they remove the belly button and put a piece of glass in there so you can see what you're doing while your head's up your ass."

The crowed was not impressed. Rogan gave Volkmann a look like Volkmann was again making strange and unfortunate remarks about the President.

When Volkmann exited the Octagon and was interviewed by Ariel Helwani, he was wearing a Volkmann for President tee. "This is my shirt," Volkmann explained. "After I called out Obama, I thought it would be kinda funny, to make my own shirt."

Then Volkmann took exception to Rogan.

"I thought Joe Rogan would laugh a little more. He kind of ruined it for me ... He ruined it. I wanted to punch him in the nuts ... I think he's a Democrat even though I know he's not."

Volkmann went on to give a solid interview, covering nearly going out from Escudero's choke, Dana's lockerroom speech on who gets title shots, and more. His insightful remarks are entirely overshadowed however, by his weird ones.

Volkmann explained, sort of. "I'm sorry if I was too disrespectful (to Excudero who he had referred to pre fight as a "disrespectful punk"). This is a very disrespectful sport. You almost have to say what is on your mind, and be honest. That's what I'm trying to do ... I get a chance to say what's on my mind, and I'm doing it."

Volkmann spoke compellingly about what how far out of reach a title shot is.

"In the back room, when Dana White talks to us ... He goes 'Donald Cerrone, the only reason he gets his chance is because he finishes fights. You other guys, you need to learn how to finish fights, or you won't get a chance'. I felt like that was aimed right at me. It is. I'm not fnishing fights."

If Volkmann, who has now won five in a row, all by decision, wants to move his career in the UFC forward, he indeed needs to work on finishing fights. He also needs to work on not being weird in interviews.

MMA at the highest levels in a sport, but it is also entertainment. This is not the Olympics guided by an army of not for profit bureacrats. The UFC is a business, guided by two men with billionaire's instincts for how mixed martial arts needs to be presented to the public.

They have done their work; the UFC is the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

Volkmann noted that needs to work on his hands and timing. This is doubtless true, but what Volkmann really needs to work on is not acting like a kook when he is in public.

12/31/11 10:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nitecrawler
1964 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone got vid of the exchange with Rogan?
12/31/11 10:48 AM
ramit upper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should punch himself in the nuts for telling such a shit joke.

Not only was it a shit joke but his delivery was atrocious.
12/31/11 10:49 AM
ajsr
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/11 11:00 AM
Hector Lombard beat the few remaining brain cells out of this guy
12/31/11 10:49 AM
Ryan Williams
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's painfully dull and awkward, both in his fights and interviews. Not a fan. Phone Post
12/31/11 10:51 AM
SlapUsilly
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Typical chiropractor weirdo.. I was rooting for him the whole fight and then comes out with that stupid comment. Keep your political beliefs and stupid jokes to yourself.

Indirectly he probably increased Obama's odds for the next election...
12/31/11 10:56 AM
Rocky Dennis

Although I strongly support his stance and feelings on Obama and, would rather vote for Volkman than have that Marxist re-elected, he does give an awkward interview
12/31/11 11:01 AM
whoabro

Stryfe1982 - Volkmann lives in his own little world...
Strong lack of self-awareness in volkman Phone Post
12/31/11 11:01 AM
Zukes
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Real strange, real awkward guy. Can't decide if he's a nutter or just really shy??
12/31/11 11:04 AM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And he is outta here. Phone Post
12/31/11 11:05 AM
Chino3

Maybe he should put a glass bowl in his nuts. Or wait, first. Or wait, somewhere so his nuts can see his fist. Fuck. Don't ruin my moment!!!
12/31/11 11:37 AM
The Swinging Richard
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/11 2:45 PM
Punch Joe Rogan in the nuts?

12/31/11 11:39 AM
vandelay
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that kid is super weird...talented but weird
12/31/11 11:46 AM
jct71

His jokes are as boring as his fights and callouts. "Frankie,watchout or I will hump your leg". Was only funny in that the 25th ranked 155er or whatever is calling out the champ, keep dreaming you almost got finished by Efrain.
12/31/11 11:48 AM
LEET060

the secret service will pay a visit to Volkman AGAIN
12/31/11 11:51 AM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Homeland Security, please get this guy. Thanks.
12/31/11 11:53 AM
KennyPowers55

He looks/acts like a guy who might go postal one day. You heard it here first.
12/31/11 11:56 AM
cycklops
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love his fights, but then again, I like winners
12/31/11 11:58 AM
Authority Figure

Rocky Dennis -  Although I strongly support his stance and feelings on Obama and, would rather vote for Volkman than have that Marxist re-elected, he does give an awkward interview

Anti-American living in America. We see you traitors.
12/31/11 11:59 AM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground News - 

When Volkmann exited the Octagon and was interviewed by Ariel Helwani, he was wearing a Volkmann for President tee. "This is my shirt," Volkmann explained. "After I called out Obama, I thought it would be kinda funny, to make my own shirt."

Apparently he's not up on politics enough to know you have to be at least 35 to run for President (Volkman is 31).

12/31/11 12:00 PM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 
Underground News - <style type="text/css"> .Article h3{ font-family: Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; color: black; padding: 0 0 3px 5px; margin: 0 0 2px 0; } .Article h3 a{ text-decoration: none; color: black; } .Article .ArticleSource{ float: left; } </style><div class="Article" style="float: left;"><font face="Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif" size="3"><span style="font-style: normal; line-height: normal;"><b>
</b></span></font></div><p>When Volkmann exited the Octagon and was interviewed by Ariel Helwani, <b>he was wearing a Volkmann for President tee.</b> "This is my shirt," Volkmann explained. "After I called out Obama, I thought it would be kinda funny, to make my own shirt."</p>
Apparently he's not up on politics enough to know you have to be at least 35 to run for President (Volkman is 31).

Actually he knows that, brought it up in an MMAWEEKLY post-fight interview. He's still creepy though.
12/31/11 12:00 PM
DMCN
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Williams - He's painfully dull and awkward, both in his fights and interviews. Not a fan. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
12/31/11 12:10 PM
Scott Rotem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a weird fucker.
12/31/11 12:11 PM
Pernicious
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Rogan's response was based more on being a comedian hearing shitty comedy than the painfully uninformed politics. Phone Post
12/31/11 12:22 PM
ShakaFerreira
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looks like Sully from Commando!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.