UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Going to Ireland, Scotland, Amsterdam in February

1/3/12 11:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thoughts, opinions, tips?

In Scotland my base is going to be in Edinburgh and going to Loch Ness, Glencoe and The Highlands

In Ireland my base is going to be Dublin and going to Blarney and Cork

I went to Amsterdam this past August so I am staying in the same hotel right in the heart of the city

What is the weather going to be like in these countries in Feb? I'm from NY so the cold doesn't scare me
1/30/12 12:02 PM
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome, thanks!
4/4/12 2:38 PM
DirkH
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scotland in Feb? You realize the sun comes up at about 10am & sets at about 3pm right?

But Edinburg is really cool.
11/6/13 12:56 AM
HertogJan
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amsterdam in February will be cold and wet, with a possibility at snow.

Nasty weather, but nothing a thick warm coat can't fix. And since you're from NY it will not bother you as weather is pretty comparable for that time of year.

Edinburgh is in my top 3 of favorite cities in the world. Love the sense of medieval I get when walking there.

If it's your first time, I'd say get a decent map of the city, since the city is multi layered (on a hill) it's easy to get confused. (Or maybe I just suck)

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of activities, but Arthur's Seat is a nice climb walking distance from Edinburgh and gives a great view over the city.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.