UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> My Wild Card Playoff Picks

1/5/12 5:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
strontium90
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I didn't title the thread "My Wild Card Playoff Pointspread Picks" because I'm not picking any team to win but not cover.

But I am picking some underdogs to win outright though!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011241-nfl-wild-card-picks-all-4-games-against-the-spread

1/5/12 7:07 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/05/12 7:08 PM
here is my outlook :)

STeelers > denver

TExans > Bengals

NY GIants > Falcons (upset special )

Lions > Saints ( upset special )

:)
1/5/12 8:47 PM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NFC
PIT @ DEN- 13-10 DENVER. I'm going with Denver. No one is giving them a chance and I think they can pull it out.

CIN @ HOU- 24- 13 CINCINNATI. Cincy will pull it off. I trust Andy Dalton more than TJ Yates.

AFC
ATL @ NYG- 38-31 NEW YORK. Giants pass rush will be the diffrence in this game. 5+ sacks for the front 7.

DET @ NO- 52-37 NEW ORLEANS. Saints will win a shootout. Jimmy Graham is unstoppable.
1/7/12 1:28 AM
kimuralock

It'll be Giants vs Green Bay after they beat the Falcons.... they HAD GB up until the end.
1/7/12 1:43 PM
Alco Hauler
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strontium90 - <p>And I didn't title the thread "My Wild Card Playoff Pointspread Picks" because I'm not picking any team to win but not cover.

<a href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011241-nfl-wild-card-picks-all-4-games-against-the-spread">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011241-nfl-wild-card-picks-all-4-games-against-the-spread</a></p>

"If AFC North rival Cleveland lands Robert Griffin III in this spring's draft, come 2012 the Bengals could very well fall back into a place all too familiar to them—the cellar. "

LMAO. You're an idiot. Pitt and Balt are both better than Cincy right now, but they are both aging. As Pitt and Balt lose their vets and Cincy - who happens to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL - gets more experience, I wouldn't be surprised to see a shift in power in the AFC North.

Cleveland has a lot more wrong with them than just QB. EVEN IF they do draft RG3, and EVEN IF RG3 does as well as Dalton, it will hardly shove Cincy to the cellar of the division.

I'm glad you took Houston in this one. Makes me feel better about the Bengals chances.
1/8/12 8:21 PM
supersaiyan

i got the GIants pick and Saints prediction right !! :)
1/12/12 5:57 AM
strontium90
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/12/12 6:22 AM
Alco Hauler - 
strontium90 - <p>And I didn't title the thread "My Wild Card Playoff Pointspread Picks" because I'm not picking any team to win but not cover.

<a href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011241-nfl-wild-card-picks-all-4-games-against-the-spread">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011241-nfl-wild-card-picks-all-4-games-against-the-spread</a></p>

"If AFC North rival Cleveland lands Robert Griffin III in this spring's draft, come 2012 the Bengals could very well fall back into a place all too familiar to them—the cellar. "

LMAO. You're an idiot. Pitt and Balt are both better than Cincy right now, but they are both aging. As Pitt and Balt lose their vets and Cincy - who happens to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL - gets more experience, I wouldn't be surprised to see a shift in power in the AFC North.

Cleveland has a lot more wrong with them than just QB. EVEN IF they do draft RG3, and EVEN IF RG3 does as well as Dalton, it will hardly shove Cincy to the cellar of the division.

I'm glad you took Houston in this one. Makes me feel better about the Bengals chances.

But you conveniently omitted what I wrote immediately above that - pointing out that the Bengals have not had back-to-back non-strike winning seasons since 1976-77!  They couldn't even do it the year after they went to the Super Bowl in 1988, or in the years after they went 11-5 in 2005, and 10-6 in 2009.

And a comparison between the Buccaneers of last season and this season, and the Bengals of this season and (maybe) next, is highly instructive: Both took the biggest drop in strength of schedule in the entire league from what each team had played the year before, and both will be welcoming a highly accomplished rookie quarterback into their division the following year, if RG3 does indeed get drafted by Cleveland (true, the Browns need some serious help at wide receiver - but the 2011 Cleveland defense was much, much better than what Carolina had in 2010).  Both the 2010 Bucs and 2011 Bengals also had only one win all season over a team with a winning record.

And by the way, I picked Tampa Bay to finish last in the NFC South before this season started, despite the fact that they had finished eight games ahead of Carolina in 2010.  And Tampa Bay finished, where exactly?  
1/12/12 12:28 PM
Alco Hauler
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who gives a fuck what happened in 1976? The bengals haven't had back to back winning seasons in forever because they have mostly sucked.

If anything, that argument means they are due. Haha. Phone Post
1/12/12 4:43 PM
kimuralock

Giants will beat GB next

1/14/12 8:03 AM
strontium90

Edited: 01/14/12 8:09 AM
Alco Hauler -  Who gives a fuck what happened in 1976? The bengals haven't had back to back winning seasons in forever because they have mostly sucked.

If anything, that argument means they are due. Haha. Phone Post

But maybe they mostly sucked because they're a losing organization - or maybe because the NFL's efforts to level the playing field between large- and small-market teams are not working as well as the league's propagandists would have everyone believe?

And I've been studying strength-of-schedule patterns in the NFL very intently for more than 30 years - and the 2011-into-2012 Bengals seem to fit the same profile as many of the teams that had the "fifth-place schedule" from 1978 through 1994: They rode the schedule class drop to a huge improvement one year, but then, the next season when they had to play real football teams again, they promptly gave back most of the ground they gained in the year they had the soft schedule. 
1/15/12 3:23 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another similarity, that is quite instructive, is their quality wins. Tampa in 2010 played six teams that finished with a winning record, and went 1-5. This year the Bengals played seven teams with a winning record and went 1-6.

Both teams could not beat good teams, and feasted on the NFL bottom feeders. I love Dalton and Green (beep, but think Mr Brancato is correct in this case.
1/18/12 7:36 AM
strontium90

Worse yet in Tampa Bay's case, their one win over an over-.500 team was in a "Siesta Bowl" for the Saints in Week 17 (New Orleans had nothing to play for and rested most of their starters).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.