UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lawler wants a guy with no arms and no legs

1/5/12 10:47 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

29 years old Robbie Lawler, fighting now for nearly 11 years, has gone 2-4 his last six fights. In that run he won two by KO, lost two decisions, and lost twice to a choke, sunk by Jacare Souza and Jake Shields.

MMAJunkie caught up with Lawler, and, expecting to hear something about avoiding grapplers and wanting someone who will stand, bang, and go out, enquired about what kind of opponent he wanted next?

"I would rather fight someone with no arms and no legs," Lawler jokingly said. "That would probably be the best matchup for me.

"I would look amazing."

"I've been around for a while. I'm just trying to get better. I think that's what everybody is trying to do – get better and try to evolve your game."

"I am learning new things. I'm getting stronger, getting faster. I've been around the game for a long time now. It's almost just bringing out the things I've learned more than anything. The things I learned eight years ago, I just all of a sudden start to use and start to bring into my game."

"I'm just going to go out there and try and beat people up and get after 'em. Try to learn from your mistakes and try to get better."

"What motivates me? I like to win. That's my motivation. I don't really worry too much about other people."

Lawler definitely does not have an opponent with no legs (see below) in Chechen Adlan Amagov, who he fights Saturday night at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine in Las Vegas. Amagov has not lost in his last 10 fights, and is currently trained by Murat "Master K" Keshtov, at KDojo in Fairfield, NJ.

"I've watched a couple of fights," Lawler said. "He's real explosive, really good strikes, lots of really good kicks – pretty good fighter. Explosive."

As 'explosive' is an excellent description of Lawler as well, expect an explosive fight this Saturday on Showtime.

Read entire article...

Amagov in action vs. Maskhat Akhmetov (0-0) on December 19, 2009 in Rostov-on-Don, Russia.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/2240208/adlan-amagov-spin-kick-ko-mma-o.gif

(:33 mark)

1/5/12 10:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ramon Maroni
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for as long as Robbie has been around I cant believe he is only 29, one of my fav fighters, always looking to brawl
1/5/12 11:30 AM
The Destroyer88

Kyle Maynard says bring it on.
1/5/12 11:38 AM
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/05/12 11:38 AM
The Destroyer88 -  Kyle Maynard says bring it on.

Ironically, Maynard owns Lawler on the ground.
1/5/12 11:39 AM
Tom Lawlor
482 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me and him have a lot more in common than just the pronounciation of our last names! Phone Post
1/5/12 11:39 AM
Neil Funk

Lawler by figure four nub lock
1/5/12 12:00 PM
horsemeat grew my head
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damnit you guys beat me to the Kyle Maynard jokes. I fought on the same card as his one and only mma fight in the great state of Alabama (the only state that would allow that shit). But it was cool, we could throw elbows as amateurs!
1/5/12 12:56 PM
Cann
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dave321 - Lawlor vs Lawler would be an awesome fight

winner fights Lawal for lols.
1/5/12 12:56 PM
Joe Rogan
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The article says he lost to Jake Shields by rear naked choke, but I'm pretty sure it was actually a guillotine.
1/5/12 1:09 PM
Kirik
1732 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
Joe Rogan -  The article says he lost to Jake Shields by rear naked choke, but I'm pretty sure it was actually a guillotine.

I will check and correct Chris's error :-)
1/5/12 1:14 PM
BooZe

Might catch some hell for saying that Phone Post
1/5/12 1:25 PM
glasscasket
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -  The article says he lost to Jake Shields by rear naked choke, but I'm pretty sure it was actually a guillotine.

It was
1/5/12 1:27 PM
AlbertEinstein

Cann - 

lol!
1/5/12 1:54 PM
CaliKush
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -  The article says he lost to Jake Shields by rear naked choke, but I'm pretty sure it was actually a guillotine.
How would you know noob? Phone Post
1/5/12 2:09 PM
RONxBURGUNDY
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weird. I only want chicks with no arms and no legs. We have a common bond o_0 Phone Post
1/5/12 2:13 PM
5 Round Main Event

AlbertEinstein - 
Cann - 

lol!

Lawl
1/5/12 2:21 PM
TBidness
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob Lawler is the man!

TBidness
1/5/12 2:22 PM
Garv
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedJoke.com, MMA Serious Business
 How did they not have a Manhoef Lawler rematch yet? 
1/5/12 2:26 PM
TBidness

Garv -  How did they not have a Manhoef Lawler rematch yet? 

Is Melvin still fighting MMA?

TBidness
1/5/12 3:35 PM
bhealthy

he should contact "head detective" from living colour's agent
1/5/12 3:50 PM
jkkazmier
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramon Maroni - for as long as Robbie has been around I cant believe he is only 29, one of my fav fighters, always looking to brawl

+1
1/5/12 5:52 PM
Left kick cemetery
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always in fun fights been a fan for awhile War Ruthless Robbie. Wanna see him back in the UFC some entertaining scraps for him possible Leben, Stann, Wandi, Belcher, Rumble
1/5/12 6:43 PM
Neil Funk

He laid Lindland's legs down ever so gently
1/6/12 6:53 AM
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dave321 - 
fakezaga - 
The Destroyer88 -  Kyle Maynard says bring it on.

Ironically, Maynard owns Lawler on the ground.

I hope your kidding

Yeah, pretty shitty on my part. Some days I just shouldn't post.
1/6/12 8:37 AM
AssassinsNATION

Always liked lawler, he is a good fighter and often over looked. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.