UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ Penn calls out Nick Diaz on Twitter

1/5/12 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Porkchop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's mma bj.

maybe next time bj should try to win the fight rather than whatever else he is implying that he did.
1/5/12 2:58 PM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pedro Carrasco -  and there is a reason why he posted it, He is fired up because now that the holidays are over and a lot of his post-fight distractions are behind him he has nothing to do but think about things and he is not happy with the way he performed in his last several fights.

I am not here to make excuses for him, but I am pretty sure people, at least with some sense of intelligence, can identify that the BJ that fought Edgar, Fitch and Diaz was not the same Penn that fought the Diego's and Florians of the world -

Things changed, but as it sits right now, he is back. That killer mentality and fire is back and it's been brewing for a while now and today's tweet is a result of it just boiling over!

Expect more from Penn to come for sure!

WAR PENN!!!!!!
AZKIEL
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't feel right for some reason. but who cares!! NICK DIAZ BETTER CLAP BACK
RJJH
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pedro Carrasco -  and there is a reason why he posted it, He is fired up because now that the holidays are over and a lot of his post-fight distractions are behind him he has nothing to do but think about things and he is not happy with the way he performed in his last several fights.

I am not here to make excuses for him, but I am pretty sure people, at least with some sense of intelligence, can identify that the BJ that fought Edgar, Fitch and Diaz was not the same Penn that fought the Diego's and Florians of the world -

Things changed, but as it sits right now, he is back. That killer mentality and fire is back and it's been brewing for a while now and today's tweet is a result of it just boiling over!

BJ will always be my favorite fighter.

I think the BJ that faught "diego and sherk" was there for the Fitch fight. I really think BJ got screwed out of the win in that fight.

also, I think it was the same BJ in the Diaz fight, as he said though, he was expecting a different style of fight then wahat happened, and by the time he tried to adjust his stratagy, it was all diaz.

of course, this is all IMO.

WAR BJ!!!!

WAR DIAZ!!!

fuck you fitch.
1/5/12 2:59 PM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Porkchop - it's mma bj.

maybe next time bj should try to win the fight rather than whatever else he is implying that he did.

I think you need to stop analyzing things so closely.  BJ's fired up and he's back.  The past is the past.
guardbr8kr

Maybe Penn should cut to 145lbs,finally. I don't see him winning a belt at LW or WW.
Carne de cavalo é o melhor

Great to hear.

Can't wait
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ will just get it worse the second time. His style doesn't beat Nick's. He doesn't have the cardio to hang with him.

I'm a huge BJ fan but he is just coming off as a sore loser here.
1/5/12 3:00 PM
Jamiee

No offense, but Diaz and Fitch are better fighters than Florian and Diego. That's kind of big.
1/5/12 3:01 PM
Jamiee

And it's not like Nick Diaz is a big WW to begin with. And he doesn't even rely on size that much unlike Fitch & GSP.

Penn got beat by the better fighter. period.

I hope they set up Penn/Fitch II to settle the score. Penn called Fitch "glass jawed"

let's test that out
1/5/12 3:02 PM
Pedro Carrasco
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJPENN.COM, Editor-in-Chief
yhknq - bj was gettting a little bit better of the stand up early on
then nick wall n stalled him the rest of the 1st

nick wins either way and i have no problem with the tactic
but when nick constantly shits on such tactics and then uses them himself
bj has a bit of a point

1/5/12 3:03 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, stand corrected.  Well everyone better get ready for BJ vs Nate at 155! 

Not going to lie, I thought BJ had a little more respect than this but... 
1/5/12 3:03 PM
r_o_y

Pedro Carrasco - 

oh it's not an excuse. the penn that went against edgar looked like a ghost but when it came time to fight hughes you could see it,talking like a madman and ready to go. when i was watching i just remember saying that he clearly looked different. it was on and you could clearly see the difference.
1/5/12 3:04 PM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe if he got his cardio to the point were he could fight hard for more than one round(like the Diego and florian fights) he could do better in a rematch.

But saying that if the rematch was a 5 rounder I'd take Diaz by tko, he boxed BJ up good first time round it would be no different in a rematch IMO.
Suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jamiee - And it's not like Nick Diaz is a big WW to begin with. And he doesn't even rely on size that much unlike Fitch & GSP.

I hope they set up Penn/Fitch II to settle the score. Penn called Fitch "glass jawed"

let's test that out

he may not normally use his size, but he did in this fight.  it was smart, but it's something he criticizes other fighters for. 
stillmatic

LiftStrong -  Wow, stand corrected.  Well everyone better get ready for BJ vs Nate at 155! 

Not going to lie, I thought BJ had a little more respect than this but... 

He would, but the shit Diaz said after the fight pissed him off.  Saying stuff like BJ was just trying to survive the 3rd round and stopped trying to win would be the ultimate insult to someone with as much pride as BJ has.
1/5/12 3:05 PM
konsol

I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

He should've been ready for it by the time Nick fought him based on GSP/Fitch alone.
ALL DAY JAY

There will not be a rematch. BJ cant win a fight at 170lbs, and everyone knows that he would get finished the second time.
T Bag

what a crybaby.

LOL@ the BJ cultists actually supporting him with "WAR BJ!!"
Fucking nerds
1/5/12 3:06 PM
that new guy

lol at BJ fan boi's thinking BJ Penn beat Fitch
stillmatic

Suess - 
Jamiee - And it's not like Nick Diaz is a big WW to begin with. And he doesn't even rely on size that much unlike Fitch & GSP.

let's test that out

he may not normally use his size, but he did in this fight.  it was smart, but it's something he criticizes other fighters for. 

This, don't think most of us were expecting it.  Nick was stronger than I think BJ expected.
Whambo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well if being the smaller man is the issue, then set up Nate vs BJ then. It's a big payday worthy of both opponents, would put BJ back in a title hunt, while it'd probably give Nate the push to be the #1 contender. WIn win baby!
1/5/12 3:09 PM
Suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FTR - i think Nick brutalizes him in a rematch (that won't happen anyways) and nate probably beats him as well. 
1/5/12 3:09 PM
ALL DAY JAY

Bj needs to actually win a fight at 170, which he has proven he cant really do, and Nick has much more important fights out there for him.
1/5/12 3:10 PM
Dr Gonzo
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody has come out and used the word "motivated" yet, but this all new re-motivated BJ Penn will surely hold all UFC belts by next year.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.