UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do you people know what a split decision is?

1/6/12 12:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CLINT NJHC
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG I've been saying this for the longest f**king time!!!!! When all these idiots start yelling about how it should have been a split decision I lose my MIND!! So you're predicting that the judges should not agree over who the winner is? WTF!
1/6/12 12:33 PM
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestsideStrangler -  Everyone.  I always hear guys saying that it should have been a split and not unanamous and that doesnt make sense.
Drives me fucking crazy that people dont understand this, even on the UG Phone Post
1/6/12 12:35 PM
whoabro

kungfugrip - i've never called a fight a split, had 6 fights judges as a majority draw though
"imo BJ was robbed, should have been a majority draw!" love it. Phone Post
1/6/12 2:10 PM
jqvwxyz

Ah this is a pet peeve of mine. I was just thinking this same thing last night here. I saw a "fight prediction" thread for a future UFC event, and the poster wrote as "So and so VIA SPLIT DECISION".
1/6/12 2:49 PM
Team Blackhouse Fan

Saying it should have been split is just recognizing that a couple of rounds good of gone either way. Those type of rounds do exist where both fighters may have done nothing or both had there moments but neither really did better than the other. Though I see what you're saying. If you don't know what it really means then yes you are probably using it incorrectly. Phone Post
1/6/12 4:29 PM
Lite
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saying a fight should have been a split decision is saying that you could expect even informed and unbiased people to disagree as to who won.
1/6/12 9:34 PM
texuspete00

The fact of the matter is 3 people is a very small statistical sample. We'd all assume you have an opinion on who won the fight, so to say 2 people should have agreed with you, and one person should not, does not make much sense.

Yeah if there was 100 people, it would be shocking for 100% to agree in a fight that was even remotely close. Should we speculate how many should prefer one aspect of fighting over another? Unanimous decision does not necessarily mean blow out. It's almost like people want a split decision to show someone was at least remotely competitive, maybe won one round and a minute of another. Hopefully judges don't start thinking this way, or MMA judging gets more fucked.
1/6/12 11:10 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chinese Keyboard Warrior -  Isnt this the obvious..? Lol

What was the point of this op? Phone Post
Seriously? Have you not read the last 3 pages?

1/6/12 11:15 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are posts on this last page alone that people still dont get it
1/6/12 11:31 PM
Haulport

WestsideStrangler -  Sorry if that was typed poorly I was typing it as I was thinking it in my head
It's ok Chris...Where do you usually do your thinking, lol.

j/k dude. I know what you mean. When I read people saying it should have been a split decision I just shake my head in sadness...
1/7/12 12:37 AM
jkd4200

WestsideStrangler -  Everyone.  I always hear guys saying that it should have been a split and not unanamous and that doesnt make sense.

If you ALWAYS hear this...

then you hang around a bunch of dipshits.

:)
1/7/12 12:41 AM
ShanTheMan
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell Rampage this please.

"How could it be unanumuss if I won the first round?"
1/7/12 12:42 AM
kevsh
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to the judges it's a split decision whether I should bump this thread or just move on. If you can figure out which was the winner you're on your way.
1/7/12 1:44 AM
MMApurist
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dam Chris lots of action for the thread even made front page.

So people know if 2 judges say fighter A and 1 judge says fighter B its a split regardless of scoring. Period.

Now why can't people understand that if rounds are really really close, that someone expects 3 different people to have different opinions on them. It doesn't make it fair or right just reality. Just like what Fitch said after the Penn fight. Hell even dana disagreed with the judges and thought Penn 2 to 1, many thought Fitch 2 to 1 and even more thought 28-28 draw. I thought draw btw while the rest of the room thought Fitch did enough.

I guess some of you know more about going to the scorecards than Fitch who had like 10 ufc decisions in a row. Keep drinking fellas and by the way MMA judging will always be what it is, Subjective and Inconsistent. Peace
9/22/13 1:45 PM
BuddyRevell
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for my friends at the sports bar last night who were mad that the the fight was a unanimous decision and should have been a split decision instead lol.

9/22/13 2:05 PM
Kostakio
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha and ttt for all of Facebook Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.