UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Anyone read "The Name of the Wind"?

1/5/12 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Delorian
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked it up for $4 at a used book store on a recommendation from some kid in one of my college classes.  I love the Song of Ice and Fire series, and he said I'd like this.  Haven't opened it up yet, but if you have read it, is it a good read?
1/8/12 2:47 AM
CrazyPope
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very good, I read it a couple weeks ago and picked up the sequel the next day. In fantasy novels I prefer when it focuses on one main character or at least limits the amount of characters and for that character to be either intelligent, smart, witty, brave etc. The main character is a bad ass and I like most of the characters. It's also very well written, not an extremely long read so it's definetly worth your time. Also, though I have only seen Game of Thrones, from what I've heard of the books they don't sound that similar, Game of Thrones has a ton of characters from what I've heard, this doesn't. Obviously I can't speak on the writing styles but Name of the Wind isn't quite as dark imo.
1/31/12 4:21 PM
MrMead
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read that and the second one and liked them both. Hopefully the story continues like it has. The end of the second book things start to pick up and there is more to the modern day Kvothe than you got before.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.