UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> So, where will RG3 end up??

1/7/12 2:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Months away, and he hasn't actually said hes coming out yet, but if he does, where will he end up?

Will someone like Washington or Miami trade up to the 2nd or 3rd pick? Or will he fall to the 4th and Cleveland will take him? Or will Cleveland stick with McCoy and draft another QB later in the draft (which would be stupid, but likely with that team.)

Where will he end up and how will he do?
1/7/12 3:19 PM
C1010
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Redskins trade up. Shanahan does not have a lot of time left with the Redskins. I can see Dolphins going hard and trying to land him though.
1/7/12 3:41 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there is def going to be some wheeling and dealing in the 1-3 spots. too many teams need a qb and vikes and rams are set in that regard. Indy needs Luck, Rams need Kalil to protect Bradfords blindside but anythings possible, and the Vikes are in a prime spot for a trade. they need an O-liner but theres no one else ike Kalil so Claiborne might be the best talent available not at qb.
1/7/12 4:08 PM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you think there is ANY chance that Indy will trade away the first pick for a couple first rd'rs and a second or something?
1/7/12 4:34 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McLeod - Do you think there is ANY chance that Indy will trade away the first pick for a couple first rd'rs and a second or something?

doubt it, they look like they are cleaning house.  Polian built Peytons team , now he's gone and so will the coach once a new gm is named. all of their veteran talent are free agents now too. i think the colts will be entirely different next year.   but on the other hand something tells me Luck might pull a power play ala Eli and Elway and get on a different team. obviously the 49ers is his team of choice.
1/7/12 6:59 PM
sicko
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the Skins trade up to #2 and pick him up. They're in a good spot to get him now, but with teams like Miami looking to trade up they can't sit in the #6 spot and expect him to still be there
1/7/12 7:51 PM
HEMAN
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking Skins will trade up.
1/7/12 10:30 PM
Tommy Gunnz
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a "big xii guy" i have seen RG3's entire career and I am not so sure he is going to make a really good pro....
1/8/12 1:08 AM
McLeod

What about his game makes ya say that Tommy? The shotgun? screen passes?
1/8/12 10:41 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big XII quarterbacks have inflated stats because several teams in the conference run hurry-up spread offenses. That said, the NFL appears to be moving in that direction, so perhaps being a spread quarterback is an advantage in some cases.
1/18/12 6:32 AM
fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I hope the Skins trade up and get him. And then I hope they get rid of the Shanahans. And then I hope they get a wide receiver that can make an impact.

Sadly, it's unlikely that any of those things will happen in the next two years.

Sigh...
1/18/12 7:34 AM
strontium90
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he's still on the board when Cleveland picks and they don't pick him, I wouldn't want to be a police officer in Cleveland.
2/29/12 12:02 PM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cleveland will trade their two first round picks to get the 2nd overall pick and take RGIII.

The Browns need a QB and a guy that can be the Face of the Franchise for many years to come.

2/29/12 9:50 PM
McLeod

It won't happen. Washington is already offering their 1st, second, third and fourth rds AND the first rder next year. Cleveland would have to offer both firsts and a second just to be competitive..and they won't do that even if they should.
2/29/12 10:14 PM
Tommy Gunnz
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McLeod - What about his game makes ya say that Tommy? The shotgun? screen passes?

his numbers were inflated. playing in a conference without any real defense besides texas and oklahoma plus getting behind a lot since baylor blows and just having a chucking fest trying to play catchup plus getting basically shut down by some defenses that were mediocre by college standards and he can be rattled and not make good decisions. I'm not saying he is gonna be a total bust or scrub but i would be nervous to take him with the 2nd overall pick
3/1/12 10:37 AM
Fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
The Redskins either need to do whatever it takes to get him or sign Matt Flynn and draft a quarterback high up also. The kid from A&M is who they're talking about here. I'd like to see RG3 in a Skins uniform.
3/1/12 12:57 PM
McLeod

I agree with a lot of what Tommy said: except the rattled part. Having more touchdowns than incompletions for a better part of the year tells me he isn't getting rattled enough to miss his target or throw bad passes, let alone INT's.
The other points are valid, but they are also circumstance based. Just because he did well against poor defenses doesn't necessarily MEAN he will NOT do well against bad defenses. If it weren't for all the experts saying he was the exception, I'd lean more towards him being a bust.
3/3/12 12:52 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem with all college QBs is that they're not dealing with NFL defenses. How many teams did RG3 play that have anything like an NFL pass rush? How many D lines did he face that feature multiple guys who will play on Sundays?

You can ask those questions about Luck, too.
3/5/12 8:45 PM
McLeod

U can ask those questions about EVERY college QB going into the NFL, and thus, if it applies to everyone, the question becomes kinda moot.
3/8/12 3:48 PM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Shanahan absolutely cannot afford to go into 2102 with Rex Grossman and John Beck as his QBs again. I fully expect the Skins to drop multiple firsts to move up and get him.

Miami seems to be focusing more on Flynn, Manning or Tannehill of A&M. I don't think they trade up, if anything they move down.
3/8/12 5:18 PM
east
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the Browns but I fear the Skins will pony up the most. 
3/9/12 3:28 PM
McLeod

Browns will take Tannehill IMO, which is a bad decision.
3/10/12 12:03 AM
C1010
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Skins have traded 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for the 2nd overall pick.
3/10/12 1:50 AM
McLeod

aS i SAID VERY EARLY ON. Browns will blow this and RG3 will go to Washington. Lol
3/10/12 8:22 AM
Fabes

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
He better be worth it! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.