UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Molokai info

1/7/12 6:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
smartin
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am thinking of spending a few months with my family on Molokai next winter. I want to spearfish kill pigs and chill. I would appreciate any info on rentals, where to go etc. It would be my wife and I and our two kids (2 and 5).
1/7/12 10:02 PM
FCTV808
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

attn sarge slaphead!
1/7/12 10:30 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry man,I dunno much about rental properties.....I'll ask my hunting partner that setup ours. As for spearfish and hunting.....there is a guided hunting guy that advertises for Axis deer so I'd guess pig and goat would likewise be available, I'll get the info. Highly recommend Axis!!! When I go there I get access to private land.....or outlaw!

You must be rich to go over for the winter season :p

Keep in mind, you gonna need license.....IIRC they accept nationally certified hunter safety programs from other states and you need to register your firearm within 48 or 72 hrs arriving.

of course I KEED about the outlaw comment. Small kid time on Molokai I learned HESPECT for laws!
1/8/12 1:44 AM
NHB808
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should get in touch with Walter Naki, I think he has a website. I know he runs dive charters and probably hunting too, if not I'm sure he would know someone who would. Walter is a Hawaiian with a huge heart and lots of knowledge.
1/8/12 3:12 AM
JIMMYNAKS
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NHB808 - You should get in touch with Walter Naki, I think he has a website. I know he runs dive charters and probably hunting too, if not I'm sure he would know someone who would. Walter is a Hawaiian with a huge heart and lots of knowledge.
And THIS is why the HG is so fuggen awesome. Phone Post
1/8/12 3:34 AM
FCTV808

JIMMYNAKS - 
NHB808 - You should get in touch with Walter Naki, I think he has a website. I know he runs dive charters and probably hunting too, if not I'm sure he would know someone who would. Walter is a Hawaiian with a huge heart and lots of knowledge.
And THIS is why the HG is so fuggen awesome. Phone Post
1/8/12 8:37 AM
smartin
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the tips. I live in a summer tourist area so we are closed for the winter and I am sick of the cold. Can you get by without a vehicle on the island?
1/8/12 8:46 AM
smartin

What part of the island would you recommend staying for best access to good shore diving (deeper water without ripping current). Without a car, access to grocery stores and other amenities is also a consideration.
1/8/12 7:46 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't lived there since small kid time, but I think w/o a car is gonna suck fren.

I would think fishing and diving would be east-end side, but you ain't gonna walk there from downtown Kaunakakai :( IIRC there's like one store down that side and I'd guess there might be some rentals down there.

I'll email my buddy about the contacts for the cottages we stayed just outside town. I know general areas and how to get around because I lived there 'til 7y.o. and spent my summers there too until my teens, but not a lot of specifics. LasttimeI went hunting there was '08.
1/8/12 7:48 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

www.frommers.com/destinations/molokai/0545020606.html 

www.kenanikai.com/thingsto.htm

Walter Naki.......

MAA HAWAII – MOLOKAI ACTION ADVENTURE PH: 808-558-8184
P.O. Box 1269
Kaunakakai, Molokai HI 96748

Guide service. Hunt deer, wild boar or goats using bows or rifles. Hiking, snorkeling, diving, spear fishing, kayaking and reef trolling. Fishpond and Heiau tours.

1/8/12 10:27 PM
smartin

Thanks for the help.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.