UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Video: Dan Severn vs Marcus "Conan" Silveira

1/3/13 9:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont think Conan was ever that good..i think just the fact that he was the first bjj guy that was hvwt was why peretti hyped him up..

i dont think Peretti said that Severn wasnt a good fighter, he just said that he didnt think Severn 'had a submission in his entire body' meaning he was awful at the sub game..this was true though as Severn never evolved his game..
1/3/13 9:09 AM
In Limbo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best UG poster hands down

1/3/13 9:54 AM
theshooter
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i dont think Peretti said that Severn wasnt a good fighter, he just said that he didnt think Severn 'had a submission in his entire body' meaning he was awful at the sub game..this was true though as Severn never evolved his game.."

I seem to recall Peretti making more negative comments than that.

Regardless, Dan Severn SUBMITTED Conan Silveira, so this illustrates that Peretti did not know what he was talking about.

Look at Severn's record. He won a lot of matches by submission.
1/3/13 10:00 AM
Voodoo
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had never seen this fight. Thanks for posting!
1/3/13 10:06 AM
TrevorRice
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was nice finish by severn.
1/3/13 10:34 AM
Lazer MMA

LOL, seeing scooter pre Hendo KO

TY ICE

WAR The BEAST!
1/3/13 1:37 PM
cruedi
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember that fight well. Everybody was saying it was Dan's redemption over BJJ. I don't see how you compare Royce with Conan, but whatever. A fun match to watch. I always wanted to see Severn-Royce II.
1/3/13 2:10 PM
rosario00

cruedi - I remember that fight well. Everybody was saying it was Dan's redemption over BJJ. I don't see how you compare Royce with Conan, but whatever. A fun match to watch. I always wanted to see Severn-Royce II.
Because Royce's BJJ really wasn't that good for the quality in his family Phone Post
1/3/13 2:36 PM
Jons Forsberg

ranier wolfcastle -  severn socked ken in the nuts too
Photobucket

was that a punch to the balls?
1/3/13 2:38 PM
Jons Forsberg

"Regardless, Dan Severn SUBMITTED Conan Silveira"

Conan basically tapped to those elbows to the face.
1/3/13 3:43 PM
Tom Erikson
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

skooter - Conan was a badd ass back then....just ask Sakuraba

Erikson and Mark Kerr were supposed to be the "biggest and baddest" back then also and neither one of these guys wanted anything at all top do with Conan. They BOTH turned down fights with him.

I can tell you flat out that I WOULD NEVER HAVE TURNED THIS FIGHT DOWN! I have a great deal of respect fro Conan and even recruited his son to the college I was coaching. He was a perfect fit for me at the time and I would of loved to have fought him plain and simple. Skooter who ever you are you have your facts badly mixed up!

BC
1/3/13 4:31 PM
whiteghost
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Cat def. Skooter by KO rd 1

sheesh, hendo's online h-bomb must have caused even more damage in ole skoots noggin...
1/3/13 4:51 PM
CGJiuJitsu
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Erikson - 

Erikson and Mark Kerr were supposed to be the "biggest and baddest" back then also and neither one of these guys wanted anything at all top do with Conan. They BOTH turned down fights with him.

I can tell you flat out that I WOULD NEVER HAVE TURNED THIS FIGHT DOWN! I have a great deal of respect fro Conan and even recruited his son to the college I was coaching. He was a perfect fit for me at the time and I would of loved to have fought him plain and simple. Skooter who ever you are you have your facts badly mixed up!

BC

TTT for the Big Cat to show up and Set the Record Straight...  

Like as if B.C. would have turned that fight down.  

Hard Nose Wreslter with ridiculous Raw Power...

1/3/13 4:58 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Erikson -

BC
Awesome!!!! TTT Phone Post
1/3/13 5:25 PM
cruedi
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Erikson - 

BC

BC,

Not to put you on the spot, but how do you think a match between you and Dan would have gone?

I'm sure you two wrestled together at some point, how good was he?

1/3/13 5:33 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Erikson -

BC
C.C.C.COMBO BREAKER! Phone Post
1/3/13 6:00 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sev-rin
1/3/13 7:19 PM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what would conan have done whem he couldnt bully erikson?

1/3/13 7:32 PM
PeterIrl
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sakuraba beat him..
1/3/13 7:45 PM
Jons Forsberg

at the time people thought guys like Conan and Morais were bjj's answer to Kerr and Erikson. They were big though dudes but with not nearly the same athletic pedigree as the wrestlers.
1/3/13 7:57 PM
Lord Humoungous

theshooter - Here's an interesting back story to this fight. Then UFC matchmaker and former matchmaker for the by then defunct Extreme Fighting, John Perreti, brought Dan Severn back to the UFC as a late replacement opponent for Pedro Rizzo. Rizzo beat Severn pretty quickly with powerful leg kicks, and later in the show, John Perreti came out and gave this interview where he trash talked Dan Severn, and said something to the effect of that Dan Severn was never that good a fighter. I thought that it was pretty unprofessional for Perreti to trash talk Dan Severn, especially since Dan Severn came in as a late replacement to save the ppv show. One would have thought that Perreti would have appreciated this, but the thanks Dan got was for John Perreti to disrespect him in a live interview.

Marcus "Conan" Silveira was the first heavyweight champion of Extreme Fighting (which was an early competitor to the UFC which ran 4 ppvs before going out of business/this is NOT the same promotion as World Extreme Fighting which is where the video that started this thread is from). When Conan Silveira was the heavyweight champion of Extreme Fighting John Perreti was all over Conan Silveira's jock about how great a fighter he was (well, until he lost to Maurice Smith). Given Perreti's praise for Conan Silveira and trash talking of Dan Severn it was poetic justice when Dan Severn got a submission victory over Conan Silveira.

Peretti was trash talking Severn because it was not him who chose Dan for this fight but Meyerowitz and co.Peretti had someone else as a replacement in mind "not sure who" but they wanted Dan on there because of his name being a big name and it would help the PPV so they thought.Perretti was adamantly against having Severn on the card.I think he even eluded to that during his Severn bitch fest
1/4/13 9:28 AM
cruedi

I remember someone on this forum saying they were at this fight. They were sitting behind Mark Kerr who had been introduced as the next contender. Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman were with him, after the fight they started ribbing Kerr, saying "Now you need to fight Severn".

I wish Dan got into MMA 10 years earlier, of course I think that about a lot of the original guys.

1/4/13 11:32 AM
CLINTK9

theshooter - "i dont think Peretti said that Severn wasnt a good fighter, he just said that he didnt think Severn 'had a submission in his entire body' meaning he was awful at the sub game..this was true though as Severn never evolved his game.."

I seem to recall Peretti making more negative comments than that.

Regardless, Dan Severn SUBMITTED Conan Silveira, so this illustrates that Peretti did not know what he was talking about.

Look at Severn's record. He won a lot of matches by submission.

got a couple interviews where he trash talks Dan pretty bad. I was not very fond of him after that.

Fukin Severn is the only UFC Triple Crown Champ! (Superfight, Tourney, UU Tourney)
1/4/13 11:35 AM
CLINTK9

Edited: 01/04/13 11:38 AM
<blockquote>PeterIrl - <blockquote>skooter - Conan was a badd ass back then....just ask Sakuraba.

Erikson and Mark Kerr were supposed to be the "biggest and baddest" back then also and neither one of these guys wanted anything at all top do with Conan. They BOTH turned down fights with him.Sakuraba beat him.

get that correct homie, I believe Kerr turned down low pay offers to fight him. so did Kimo! Erickson was Afraid of NO MAN and would have destroyed Conan. Kerr as well!

sources: Full contact fighter, Submission fighter, Vale Tudo news, fighting sports newsletter, wrestling observer newsletter. all 4 had interviews and talks about these fights.
6/20/13 7:54 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a really good thread!

Thanks Pro Ice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.