UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Video: Dan Severn vs Marcus "Conan" Silveira

6/21/13 9:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bry Bry - i dont think Conan was ever that good..i think just the fact that he was the first bjj guy that was hvwt was why peretti hyped him up..

i dont think Peretti said that Severn wasnt a good fighter, he just said that he didnt think Severn 'had a submission in his entire body' meaning he was awful at the sub game..this was true though as Severn never evolved his game..

No,Perretti legit was talking massive shit about Severn as a fighter. I remember and was like "Wow...why ?"

Later they wanted Dan Severn as a referee, Pereetti said he didn't want Severn in there as a ref either.
6/21/13 9:55 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rosario00 - 
cruedi - I remember that fight well. Everybody was saying it was Dan's redemption over BJJ. I don't see how you compare Royce with Conan, but whatever. A fun match to watch. I always wanted to see Severn-Royce II.
Because Royce's BJJ really wasn't that good for the quality in his family Phone Post

Royce is a legit Black Belt, who might be the LEAST physically gifted member of his family.

His BJJ was certainly better than Conan's and apparently good enough for Severn.
6/21/13 10:12 AM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lots of people bash peretti but i have to admire his brutal honesty..for the most part, his criticism of fighters was right on the money..it was refreshing to hear a matchmaker be honest for once instead of endless ass-kissing..

is it possible to be a big musclular guy like conan and be great from your back with BJJ?
6/21/13 2:05 PM
SKARHEAD

Bry Bry - lots of people bash peretti but i have to admire his brutal honesty..for the most part, his criticism of fighters was right on the money..it was refreshing to hear a matchmaker be honest for once instead of endless ass-kissing..

is it possible to be a big musclular guy like conan and be great from your back with BJJ?

there's a time and a place for everything. Severn filled in last minute. The show was on. No need for the promoter to rag on a fighter like that filling in and then talk shit ON AIR about the main event fighter and by extension the main event itself.

Dude was all over Conan like he was the GOAT as he talked down Severn, meanwhile Severn beat Conan at his own game...So much for Perretti being right on the money-lol

Yes it's possible to be big and muscular and be good from your back...Conan just wan't a good NHB fighter and relied on bullying. His version of BJJ was watered down and simple. As big as he was, he didn't seem overly powerful and made mistakes that called his blackbelt into question. When he faced bigger men, he folded.
6/21/13 2:41 PM
CLINTK9
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"there's a time and a place for everything. Severn filled in last minute. The show was on. No need for the promoter to rag on a fighter like that filling in and then talk shit ON AIR about the main event fighter and by extension the main event itself"

that what bugged me. I was a big fan Peretti and this bothered me.
6/21/13 2:44 PM
CLINTK9
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice do you have Conan vs Pat Smith or Conan vs Maurice Smith? he seemed to well vs the Smith's. LOL

never seen the Conan/Pat fight, but seen the Maurice one in the past. be nice to see it again.
6/21/13 4:21 PM
Pro Ice
1938 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't have Conan Pat Smith, do have Conan M Smith 1 & 2, made a thread will bump 

6/21/13 5:26 PM
dhughes
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need to make an app that auto-votes Pro Ice up every 24 hours. That Mike Tyson thread you made was a source of inspiration and entertainment over the course of several days and every thread you make is spectacular.
6/22/13 3:38 PM
SKARHEAD

Man...That Conan vs Pat Smith fight is damn impossible to find !
6/22/13 8:19 PM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD - 
Bry Bry - i dont think Conan was ever that good..i think just the fact that he was the first bjj guy that was hvwt was why peretti hyped him up..

i dont think Peretti said that Severn wasnt a good fighter, he just said that he didnt think Severn 'had a submission in his entire body' meaning he was awful at the sub game..this was true though as Severn never evolved his game..

No,Perretti legit was talking massive shit about Severn as a fighter. I remember and was like "Wow...why ?"

Later they wanted Dan Severn as a referee, Pereetti said he didn't want Severn in there as a ref either.

Perreti is the biggest faggot to ever disgrace MMA. he reportedly wouldn't sign Chuck Liddell because mohawks were out of style and didn't sign Erikson because of his looks also.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.