UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Training in NIPPON - Doug Rogers chronicles

1/9/12 11:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jayflo145
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/12 11:21 AM

Blue namer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nkNkr0HuXlc#!

Makes me miss my long training stints in Japanland. Lots of time alone and in your gi.
1/11/12 8:36 AM
judoblackbelt
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

v=nkNkr0HuXlc on youtube. Great video, He says he was injured for the 1st year is so understandable. PLus Kimura's techniqaue is so crisp and powerful. Thanks,
1/11/12 8:44 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

doesnt make me miss a thing.. but it does remind me that someday my little fella might be as dumb as we were...

BTW, congrats!
1/11/12 9:16 AM
jayflo145
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshuaResnick - doesnt make me miss a thing.. but it does remind me that someday my little fella might be as dumb as we were...

BTW, congrats!

Arigato gozaimashita Resnick-san! Ok maybe not miss...but a nostalgic feeling that if I were to reproduce, I would probably huddle up in a ball on the tatami in my dorm room and contemplate seppuku ;)
1/11/12 12:33 PM
Mit
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/16/12 9:10 AM
easyrhino
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jayflo and resnick,

where did you guys train?

came here 5 years ago and dont have the money to go back to the states and compete! haha! didnt anticipate that id have that problem.

hoping to do the all japan industrial championships this august. level isnt the highest, but the closest i will ever get to an elite competition.
1/19/12 3:09 AM
Spartan79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good vid thanks for posting! Phone Post
1/21/12 11:11 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jay... well, if you are taking the first step-- someday the other steps may follow. if ya need help understanding the other procedures, let me know--- i can provide the necessary guidance. lol!

and, yea... it will be way better that my son, or yours, or even my most hated nemisis' go do those things than me... I am just trying to find the "fun" in Judo again... it has been 8 years and i am finally feeling okay competing just for the shits n giggles of it.

ER.. where did i train? been to kokushikan the most. also to budo (which sucked, but maybe jayflo liked it there a lot more than i did...:), matsuyama, keio (hungover), nitaidai and a few others....
1/23/12 2:01 AM
easyrhino
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

resnick,

what did you go to matsuyama university for? thats way out in the middle of nowhere.

kokusai budo university. how many years ago was that? i have a fair amount of friends who went there for university. they are around 35 now, so that would mean they attended about 12-13 years ago.
1/24/12 11:53 PM
JoshuaResnick

We went to Matsuyama on a goodwill tour and to beat them up at a team tournament when their new dojo opened. it was damn good times. they are actually not a bad group o people to train with. had some fun there.

i have no idea how long as it was that i was at Budo... im too stupid to remember anything except the fights. but, im turning 36 now, so.......?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.