UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Advise needed re:caught driving when shouldn't

1/9/12 4:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Billittome
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My buddy is on parole from a DUI conviction. He did some time in prison for it and is on parole. He cannot drive without taking classes and getting one of those sensors that prevents drunk driving.
So, his problem is that he was caught driving with out having taken any of the required courses and with out an alcohol sensor on his car.
I'm curious as to what type of penalty he is looking at.
This is in L.A. County, CA.

Thanks.
1/24/12 9:44 AM
Cookie Monster
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know CA law, however I suspect his greater concern should be getting parole revoked. If he either pleads guilty or is found guilty that would be sufficient grounds to revoke is parole and back in the clink he goes. Depending on the jurisdiction, even just being charged can be enough of a problem for a parole officer to institue revocation actions.
1/31/12 6:46 PM
Billittome
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the response, Cookie Monster.
Yeah, that's what I thought might occur. He had a pretty hard time while he did the first part of his sentence.
It's tough being a middle age white guy in a prison full of violent gang banger types.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.