UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bas to Cyborg: Send diet aid to AC

1/10/12 11:09 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Cris Cyborg Santos recently tested positive for Stanozolol, an illegal Performance Enhancing Drug (PED) Stanozolol (better known as Winstrol). Her win over Hiroko Yamanaka was changed to a No Contest, and her legacy was called into question.

Cyborg's camp blamed the positive test on a dietary supplement, which they say unknowingly contained the illegal drug.

MMA legend, former UFC Heavyweight champion and current HDNet fight commentator Bas Rutten has a simple solution for clearing her name, via twitter.

If Cyborg wants to clear her name, simple, send the drink to the athletic commission, let them test it. I just don't believe they put it in drinks to LOSE weight. If they DO put roids in, show the drink and her name is cleared. Its what I would do. Like I said before, they all say "I took something over the counter". What? Tell us what you took? Help your fellow fighters not to make the same mistake by accident, just saying

Read entire twitter...

1/10/12 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no one wants to hear bas rant about roids. what people want is his opinion on the setup and liver kick that retired Swock, one of the UGs rotating GOATS.
1/10/12 11:15 AM
crowbar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like his Bas`s suggestion.And if the Commission elects to say that it is too costly...have the donor pay for the test.
1/10/12 11:17 AM
OftheWay

I thought that was a poignant statement by Bas. Too many fighters are allowed to claim this when they're busted, and no one challenges them on it. Bas' statement to Cyborg is excellent; if she's telling the truth obviously it will clear her, but if not then obviously her legacy will be severely damaged as it should be. Phone Post
1/10/12 11:17 AM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground News - 

Bas to Cyborg: Send diet aid to AC

[twitter.com]

Cris Cyborg Santos recently tested positive for Stanozolol, an illegal Performance Enhancing Drug (PED) stanozolol. Her win over Hiroko Yamanaka was changed to a No Contest, and her legacy was called into question.

Cyborg's camp blamed the positive test on a dietary supplement, which they say unknowingly contained the illegal drug.

MMA legend, former UFC Heavyweight champion and current HDNet fight commentator Bas Rutten has a simple solution for clearing her name, via twitter.

If Cyborg wants to clear her name, simple, send the drink to the athletic commission, let them test it. I just don't believe they put it in drinks to LOSE weight. If they DO put roids in, show the drink and her name is cleared. Its what I would do. Like I said before, they all say "I took something over the counter". What? Tell us what you took? Help your fellow fighters not to make the same mistake by accident, just saying

Read entire twitter...

He only makes complete sense. I'm tired of hearing "I took a tainted supplement/someone gave me something that was tainted" but nothing is ever produced to back up the story. Were it true, one would think they'd call a press conference and display the offending substance/supplement front and center to warn all other fighters about it.

The lack of transparency by Cyborg's camp concerning this very simple thing is very telling, IMO.
1/10/12 11:18 AM
40oztofreedom
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should she bring the needle too? Phone Post
1/10/12 11:19 AM
catgobling

bhealthy - no one wants to hear bas rant about roids. what people want is his opinion on the setup and liver kick that retired Swock, one of the UGs rotating GOATS.

i want to hear about anything Bas wants to talk about because he is fucking legit son
1/10/12 11:20 AM
Neph

What's the point of that. Even if it's discovered such a drink exists, she'd then need to prove she took that drink (10 times a day for the last 10 years, apparently).

1/10/12 11:22 AM
BrckNoHitBk
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas is the man
1/10/12 11:22 AM
RedDragonUK
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas speaks a lot of sense. Phone Post
1/10/12 11:26 AM
Uchi
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neph - <p>What's the point of that. Even if it's discovered such a drink exists, she'd then need to prove she took that drink (10 times a day for the last 10 years, apparently).</p>

For starters, naming the drink and company allows the company to refute the claim, or perform some internal investigation to see if there is potential merit in it. Were I the company in question, I would certainly want to be aware of any instances where athletes taking my product were failing PED tests due to it.

As well, if it was a 'mistake', why not allow other MMA fighters learn from your error and avoid repeating it?

That being said of course, if there is anything less than 100% transparency, I think we already know the reason why, as does Bas.
1/10/12 11:38 AM
Neph

Uchi - 
Neph - <p>What's the point of that. Even if it's discovered such a drink exists, she'd then need to prove she took that drink (10 times a day for the last 10 years, apparently).</p>

For starters, naming the drink and company allows the company to refute the claim, or perform some internal investigation to see if there is potential merit in it. Were I the company in question, I would certainly want to be aware of any instances where athletes taking my product were failing PED tests due to it.

As well, if it was a 'mistake', why not allow other MMA fighters learn from your error and avoid repeating it?

That being said of course, if there is anything less than 100% transparency, I think we already know the reason why, as does Bas.
My presumption is that Bas is saying this as a way for her to clear her name when it isn't. She'd still need to prove she drank that, and further need to prove it was only that, and still not a combination of that and PEDs

1/10/12 11:41 AM
mixedmartialfarts
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg's alibi just got liver kicked.
1/10/12 11:44 AM
kungfugrip

it would be a good pr move but wont clear her name, maybe reduce her fine. Fighters are required to know exactly what they are putting in there body. There are lists of supplements that is approved. If you use anything other then them, you are putting yourself at risk.
1/10/12 11:47 AM
mixedmartialfarts
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neph - 
Uchi - 

My presumption is that Bas is saying this as a way for her to clear her name when it isn't. She'd still need to prove she drank that, and further need to prove it was only that, and still not a combination of that and PEDs

True, but it would definitely lend her some credibility on the matter.  If she can prove that a diuretic did in fact contain the banned substance, then she could very well receive a less severe punishment.  No way she gets cleared completely but I could see the commission giving her the benefit of the doubt and maybe 6 months.

That being said I highly doubt Cyborg is going to be able to provide the tainted diuretic.
1/10/12 11:56 AM
RandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrckNoHitBk - Bas is the man
. Phone Post
1/10/12 12:01 PM
CarlWinslow

vitor did this, and no body said shit after..... got his shit from max muscle Phone Post
1/10/12 12:01 PM
mongo54

HERE IS CYBORGS DRINK 
1/10/12 12:08 PM
Jack Skellington
709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas is correct

that would clear her name, but she wont send it cause she knows she cheated
1/10/12 12:24 PM
dabigchet

CarlWinslow - vitor did this, and no body said shit after..... got his shit from max muscle Phone Post

thanks, i remember somebody went through this, got specific with the supplement that was used, had it tested, etc.
1/10/12 12:34 PM
5 for fighting
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dabigchet -
CarlWinslow - vitor did this, and no body said shit after..... got his shit from max muscle Phone Post

thanks, i remember somebody went through this, got specific with the supplement that was used, had it tested, etc.
Didn't Sherk do the same or am I just remembering wrong. Phone Post
1/10/12 12:34 PM
Cya

ttt
1/10/12 12:35 PM
5 for fighting
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dabigchet -

Didn't Sherk do the same or am I just remembering wrong? Phone Post
1/10/12 12:36 PM
Standup29
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neph -
Uchi - 

I think the point is if there is a tainted supplement she would have brought it forward by now.

He's basically saying this, "we are not stupid. You took steroids knowing it was steroids. If it was a supplement you would be fighting this not blaming someone else or a diet supplement. Own up or say nothing."

At least that's how I took it. Phone Post
1/10/12 12:37 PM
Anarkis
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with him. Sean Sherk did this and one of his supplements tested positive for androsteine.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.