UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> NFL Coaching Carousel

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/11/12 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
C1010
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some interesting moves recently:

Jeff Fisher looking likely to take Rams HC position

Brian Shottenheimer is no longer Jets OC

Tony Sparano is favored to be new Jets OC

Bill Callahan (Jets O line coach) is going to the Cowboys

Hue Jackson has been fired as Raiders coach after only one season.

Falcon OC Mike Mularkey is the new Jaguars Head Coach

Romeo Crennel is now the coach of Kansas City Chiefs.

Mike Sherman is favored for the Buccaneers HC position. Marty Schottenheimer is being interviewed for the position.

Josh McDaniels is now Patriots OC.

Any thoughts? Any particular coaches, that you like to see hired or fired?
1/11/12 1:49 PM
C1010
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually it looks like Fisher is favoring the Dolphins.
1/11/12 2:55 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony Sparano has been confirmed as the new Jets OC.

Interesting to see Hue Jackson canned so quickly. I thought Tom Cable got royally screwed last season and they should never had let him go. Jackson deserved to be fired after the disastrous Carson Palmer trade.

The most interesting question for mine is where will Steve Spagnuolo end up? Hopefully on the Eagles sideline.
1/11/12 3:14 PM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay - Tony Sparano has been confirmed as the new Jets OC.

Interesting to see Hue Jackson canned so quickly. I thought Tom Cable got royally screwed last season and they should never had let him go. Jackson deserved to be fired after the disastrous Carson Palmer trade.

Al Davis said he got rid of Cable because there were more domestic violence allegations.

1/11/12 5:08 PM
C1010

The most interesting question for mine is where will Steve Spagnuolo end up? Hopefully on the Eagles sideline.

I have heard Spags is likely going to Philly. No word in terms of what capacity. I've heard D coordinator and secondary coach.
1/11/12 10:13 PM
Tommy Gunnz
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C1010 - 

I have heard Spags is likely going to Philly. No word in terms of what capacity. I've heard D coordinator and secondary coach.

wow if thats true Eagles probably win it all next year with spags as d-coordinator
1/15/12 10:55 PM
C1010

Fisher to the Rams, Schottenheimer is likely to be OC.
1/17/12 2:35 PM
C1010

Jim Caldwell has been fired by the Colts.
1/18/12 7:33 AM
strontium90
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But how many times did Fisher choke in the playoffs while he was with Tennessee?

If I were a Rams fan, I would have definitely rather had Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy or Brian Billick.
1/18/12 3:38 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strontium90 - But how many times did Fisher <b>choke</b> in the playoffs while he was with Tennessee?

If I were a Rams fan, I would have definitely rather had Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy or Brian Billick.

Yes but were any of these coaches available? Cowher and Gruden in particular seem to me to just like hearing their names mentioned each off season. It strokes their ego. But they have shown no inclination to leave the studio.
1/18/12 10:30 PM
C1010

Waylay - 
strontium90 - But how many times did Fisher <b>choke</b> in the playoffs while he was with Tennessee?

Yes but were any of these coaches available? Cowher and Gruden in particular seem to me to just like hearing their names mentioned each off season. It strokes their ego. But they have shown no inclination to leave the studio.

I think they are simply waiting for a sweet offer. I wouldn't be surprised that when Tom Coughlin retires, the job becomes high demand.
1/29/12 8:16 PM
jaywill
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Colts direction seems pretty clear ,  Ravens DC as coach and went to the steelers for the OC and probably DC now. 

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.