UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Buying physical gold/silver? Paper trail?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/11/12 10:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SirPrize
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First of all, let me say that I'm a big believer in physical gold/silver. (After making sure you have other necessities, like food, water, guns, ammo, etc, of course.)

I've bought some PMs in the past, but always from coin shops. Except for my first purchase or two several years ago, I've always paid in cash.

The good thing about this is that it avoids a paper trail. Thus, I don't have to worry about confiscation or taxation (in case gov decides to punish PM "horders/speculators").

The down side is that I think I might be paying more than online. I have some questions about buying online, though:

- When you buy online, do you have to pay tax or other fees? (My local shop charges 6% tax.)

- Most of all, are you worried about leaving a paper trail?

Thanks!
1/13/12 8:04 AM
SirPrize
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, but even if you don't "fill out papaer", there's still an electronic record of you buying "something" from that company. If the only thing that company sells is precious metals, it's a good bet you bought gold or silver. What if the gov subpoenas the company records? Am I worrying g too much about that? Phone Post
1/15/12 5:16 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paper trail on less than 10K is NO CONCERN AT ALL.

paper trail on 10,000 or more is HUGE CONCERN.

hope that helps!

TTT!
1/16/12 4:09 AM
hagarules
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i bought all of my silver when it was between $16.50 - $18.00 /oz

all from a coin store because i was trying to do it without the paper trail.
1/16/12 9:48 PM
SirPrize

^ Did you have to pay sales tax?

Where do you plan to sell when the time comes?
1/18/12 8:10 AM
hagarules
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never looked at the receipt about sales tax (but i'm sure i paid it), but was usually dinged $2-$2.50 juice to the store.

i can sell them back to the coin store i got them at if i want.

funny but i remember waaay back when i was in the coin store the owner was talking to some guy. i was eavesdropping and he was saying then how silver was going to skyrocket and that the prices ($16-$17) were cheap. they did skyrocket when they hit $49/oz.....
1/18/12 8:51 PM
MoreThanUFC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QE3 due in March. Get it while you can.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.