UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Sobirov back this weekend @ World Masters...

1/12/12 5:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...in Kazakhstan. He hasn't competed since Paris, and his win streak remains unbroken.

Last year's final (Sobirov vs. Galstyan) at the World Masters in Baku was incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_d4OmYYxOM

Others I'm interested in seeing compete:

Zantaraia, Hiraoka, Khashbaatar, Wang Ki-chun, Nakaya, Travis Stevens, Iliadis, both of the 90 kg Nishiyamas, Naidan, Anai, and.....Teddy Riner.

Looks like it will be a great tournament.
1/13/12 8:47 PM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The brkts are up on www.ijf.org. The only american male I saw was 73K Nick Delpopolo. There are some heavy hitters in this tournament.
ipponTV-For our American viewers: Start of competition at 11 PM (the day before) and Final Block at 06 AM in the morning = Eastern Time EST.
Begins Friday in the US @11 PM.
1/13/12 11:32 PM
Seong gyeong
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice ippon by Sobirov in the first round!
1/13/12 11:34 PM
Seong gyeong

Some of the names I mentioned that I wanted to see are not competing after all (e.g. Riner, Stevens).

1/14/12 2:26 AM
Seong gyeong

Delpopolo armbarred.....
1/14/12 2:29 AM
Seong gyeong

Malloy out too.
1/14/12 3:06 AM
Seong gyeong

Wow, WTF just happened in Sobirov's second match? I turned around and it's over. Think the other guy got DQ'd....
1/15/12 1:14 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sobirov lost in the final by 2 waza ari calls...
1/15/12 12:36 PM
Seong gyeong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1NGngxiUOA

He didn't look as sharp as usual, and he had a few close calls on his way to the finals.

Nice work by Galstyan.
1/16/12 6:47 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He couldn't get any grip to really throw, put no pressure on Galstyan. Will get a chance to watch the other matches on youtube. Thanks,

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.