UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> the frequently asked questions thread

1/20/12 3:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
aces_taylor
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does the UFC make double sided event posters? i.e. one side has UFC 117 and the other had 118. I've seen some and wondered if they're official or bootlegs. Phone Post
1/20/12 3:13 PM
Gem City
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never seen any...gotta be fake. Yuma where are you to answer officially ?
1/20/12 3:34 PM
fightpimp

UGCTT_Lloyd gave me my bluename - 
aces_taylor -  Does the UFC make double sided event posters? i.e. one side has UFC 117 and the other had 118. I've seen some and wondered if they're official or bootlegs. Phone Post
I've seen the UFC distribute bar promotional posters that were double sided. With consecutive events on each side.

The UFC does NOT distribute ANY bar posters Lloyd, you are 100% wrong. The UFC does however contract with a company out of Philly called Joehand Promotions that handles that for them. The UFC supplies Joehand with files, Joehand prints (shitty) posters. That is the situation. UFC "authorized" but not printed or distributed. 
1/20/12 3:37 PM
fightpimp

If you are speaking about actual event posters... 27" x 39" the UFC does distribute to certain individuals (like Prizepig and Kingcable on Ebay) that are supposed to distribute to bars, restaurants, stripjoints, and the like.

1/20/12 8:03 PM
fightpimp

more like douchery lloyd.
1/22/12 3:47 AM
pelhamc

So when UFC ditched Spike for Fox, did that leave behind memorabilia to Spike employees or something like that?
1/22/12 4:37 AM
D1N0

I just want to share that I have a few 18x24 double sided posters.

I've been getting them for about 2 years. My Gf brings them home from BDubs before they hang them up.
1/23/12 5:36 PM
the chip guy

pelhamc - So when UFC ditched Spike for Fox, did that leave behind memorabilia to Spike employees or something like that?

the UFC ownes the TUF building and I doubt spike has anything really good laying around their HQ.
2/16/12 5:03 PM
the chip guy

I think this will be my new home for acid free supplies.... has anyone orderd from them before?

http://www.dickblick.com/buy/category/acid-free-paper
3/19/12 11:09 PM
OnAHigherLevel
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For those of you that have a PayPal and/or EBAY account (Probably most of you) i was wondering if they send you something at the end of the year to claim on your taxes? Like a 1099 or similar form. I've heard people mention this but i've heard others say they didnt think so. Im in California if that makes a difference.
3/20/12 1:29 AM
gage949
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chip: which paper on that site do u use for UFC posters? Phone Post
3/20/12 3:13 PM
the chip guy

Yo Gage, i've only ordered the Lineco Acid-Free Glassine Sheets so far, I put them in between my posters that still have tape or tape residue on them. They only come in 16x20 but i've thought about buying some of that acid free glue they have and gluing them to the back of my poster frames... it's just a thought tho,
3/20/12 4:41 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can also get acid free scotch-type tape from Michael's, it's in the scrapbook section I think. That works well.
3/20/12 11:41 PM
gage949
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is there anywhere else besides michaels that sells the acid free matting in 39x29?
3/20/12 11:47 PM
Dawggy
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nowhere other than online that I'm aware of. Phone Post
3/20/12 11:53 PM
aces_taylor
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ARTCO. I don't know if you have one where u live. But there actually better priced, quicker and actually way easier to deal with than Michaels. Phone Post
3/21/12 9:05 AM
ricksongjj

I would guess any frame shop would sell the acid free matting or foamboard.
3/21/12 1:51 PM
PTSandman

I believe you have to do over $20,000 in sales in the year for EBay/PayPal to send you a tax claim form.
3/21/12 1:54 PM
the chip guy

PTSandman - I believe you have to do over $20,000 in sales in the year for EBay/PayPal to send you a tax claim form.

that would suck so bad.....
3/21/12 4:35 PM
yumaslim
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTSandman - I believe you have to do over $20,000 in sales in the year for EBay/PayPal to send you a tax claim form.

This is correct. They will notify you when you reach 10,000 and again when you reach 15,000. The guy i talked to said to avoid this just open a second account when you reach your limit.
3/22/12 1:08 AM
OnAHigherLevel
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Way more than i thought. Thanks for the response.
3/22/12 8:46 PM
gage949

Okay I got a question for you framing experts out there.

The only frame I use are the cheap 20 dollar ones from Walmart. Now I've read on here several times that I need to use acid free matting. I figured that meant behind the poster in between the back of the poster and the cardboard backing of the frame. When I went to Aaron brothers today the guy told me the plastic front of my frame will do just as much damage to my poster, an that I need to put in spacers or thick matting to keep the plastic from touching my poster. Is this true common knowledge?

If so how do you guys frame your stuff on a budged? Any advice or tips would be helpful as well any stories of experience.

I know nearly nothing about framing and would like to protect my collection without spending my whole paycheck. Phone Post
3/22/12 9:05 PM
the chip guy

gage949 -  Okay I got a question for you framing experts out there.

The only frame I use are the cheap 20 dollar ones from Walmart. Now I've read on here several times that I need to use acid free matting. I figured that meant behind the poster in between the back of the poster and the cardboard backing of the frame. When I went to Aaron brothers today the guy told me the plastic front of my frame will do just as much damage to my poster, an that I need to put in spacers or thick matting to keep the plastic from touching my poster. Is this true common knowledge?

If so how do you guys frame your stuff on a budged? Any advice or tips would be helpful as well any stories of experience.

I know nearly nothing about framing and would like to protect my collection without spending my whole paycheck. Phone Post 

Did he happen to explain how it touching the plastic would damage the poster? I think thats a bunch of bs, unless your house is realllllllllly humid or you put your poster right next to the shower you shouldn't have a problem with it touching the plastic.
3/22/12 9:23 PM
aces_taylor

gage949 - Okay I got a question for you framing experts out there.

Go to michaels; they ALWAYS have their frames on a sale; usually 40% off, I bought 3 27x40 nicer frames and a 20x30 frame, and 4 acid free backing sheets for $125...not bad for 4 posters worth of frames/materials; it costs me about $35 per poster for the frame and backing. Phone Post
3/22/12 9:24 PM
gage949

Has anyone kept it touching the plastic for long periods of time?

He said the plastic has acids as well and that that's why professional framers use lots of matting in front to keep the poster/art from touching the plastic,glass, acrylic. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.