UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Critique my bagwork?

1/13/12 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jake88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/12 1:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E7gorFUer2I&feature=channel_video_title
1/13/12 6:47 PM
Ham and Egger
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well first off you're telegraphing your kicks. You should also try to work on setting up that overhand...

You know what i just cant do it today...
1/13/12 7:53 PM
Jake88

derp heavybag is for showing off speed and power too the camera, not technique

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/13/12 8:11 PM
Jake88

Edited: 01/14/12 10:20 AM
Lol jk bro
1/13/12 10:03 PM
OneScoup

Yeah, I'm not sure if you even want to learn to box, but you might want to hire a trainer. You look like a guy who's never learned to punch and is copying what he's seen on TV.

Your balance is way too fwd even for that front foot style of boxing, elbows up a lot, cocking back punches (come on). I can't see your feet but could tell you put them together a couple times, I could go on, but just go get a trainer.
1/14/12 10:20 AM
Jake88

Yeah I havent had much formal training in the striking department. Although you cant see it in the video, the bag hanger has poles that stick out on both sides on the ground for stacking weights that make it hard to circle, use different angles, or use a wide stance. (The weights I have stacked on it that stick out even further certainly dont help things lol)I will be joining an mma gym pretty soon to get me in shape for college wrestling next year so I will definitely look to make big improvements on my standup.
1/14/12 2:06 PM
OneScoup

That's cool that you'll have before and after videos from training. I never though to take a before video, I'd be curious to watch myself back then.

Enjoy the training.
1/16/12 6:16 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet

obvious troll is obvious
1/16/12 8:57 PM
Jake88

Wow, Im very surprised by all the negativity from you guys, everybody on my facebook thought I was the hottest thing since sliced cheese when I showed them this video.
1/18/12 12:06 AM
e. kaye

Deadly hands?   Not.
1/18/12 11:33 PM
Gentorz

Not bad, always room for improvement though! What's your weight? You're 6ft 4? Should try to shorten the angle of your right straights, you'd maybe cut off a second from that only. Other than that, keep on training.

Gent~
1/21/12 11:46 PM
jude099
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

most of this board is haters, bro.

HOWEVER- i'd say start with keeping your elbows in and kicking lower. sparring and shadow boxing are for working your angles and strategy, the heavy bag is for power, no matter what you might see on TV.

The most valuable thing you can do to develop as a boxer is hire a trainer for a few rounds a week and shadow box a few rounds a day.

another thing that might help is to roll up a sock and pinch it under your chin. keep it there while you shadow box.
2/4/12 9:26 AM
Hitman91

It may look good and dangerous on the vid for a noob man but, its the bag not you. The bag makes alot noise and its not very heavy and its semi-filled if u know what i mean, so if u punch it it will look like in the vid. All the people on your facebook could smash the bag just like you if they were there. Nothing personal mate.
2/4/12 9:30 AM
Hitman91

Really man, you seem like in good shape etc heads up take up boxing and bang it out learn how to box. Just dont think you can box or fight since it looks good to hit an old bag in your garage, might get you in trouble at some point, fake-confidence.
2/9/12 4:46 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OneScoup - That's cool that you'll have before and after videos from training. I never though to take a before video, I'd be curious to watch myself back then.

Enjoy the training.
This. Phone Post
2/9/12 11:44 AM
HUMBLED1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with hitman,bag is hung too low and not very heavy and it doesnt hit back. I was where you are a year ago,nothing but garage training and watching what others do on tv/web hahaha. I joined a muay thai gym in April 11 and have gone steady since.My coach holds a #1 belt in WBC so hes knows what he is doing. I have only really sparred once and i was a mess,good/fair bagwork doesnt always transfer into the ring in the beginning stages. The best thing you can do is work on your defensive and offensive reactions/skills and footwork then get in there and spar. Simple partner drills will help a lot,example just pick a guy and practice all your checks/blocks/slips etc per round.good luk with it have fun too.
2/10/12 10:02 PM
Gentorz

HUMBLED1 -  I agree with hitman,bag is hung too low and not very heavy and it doesnt hit back. I was where you are a year ago,nothing but garage training and watching what others do on tv/web hahaha. I joined a muay thai gym in April 11 and have gone steady since.My coach holds a #1 belt in WBC so hes knows what he is doing. I have only really sparred once and i was a mess,good/fair bagwork doesnt always transfer into the ring in the beginning stages. The best thing you can do is work on your defensive and offensive reactions/skills and footwork then get in there and spar. Simple partner drills will help a lot,example just pick a guy and practice all your checks/blocks/slips etc per round.good luk with it have fun too.

Heavybag is more of a "learning how to throw powerpunches and find your reach and range" kind of work out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.