UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Battle Hawaii: Hypothetical question re:EOW

1/23/12 7:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
More Cowbell
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was on the Travel Channel a few months back on a show called "Off Limits" which featured several locations around Hawaii. This clip in only the first two minutes or so of the segment. The rest of the segment they went into the central command offices that monitor H-3 activities, the underground tunnels, etc.

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/volcano-highway-16429

http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/August-2010/10-Places-You-Can-039t-Go/index.php?cparticle=1&siarticle=0#artanc

There is also a huge underground military facility under Red Hill that not a whole lot of people know about.

http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/August-2010/10-Places-You-Can-039t-Go/index.php?cparticle=3&siarticle=2
1/24/12 5:24 PM
Dr. Shocker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool find MC!

THANKS!

PS. i call BS about them using it to monitor traffic. Why TF would they facilitate traffic awareness from a location such as that??? Makes no sense to me.
1/25/12 5:11 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Red Hill is an interesting place.

i know of some cool long forgotten shit up in the hills beyond the housing complex over there.

took a shit load of pictures but my camera was stolen.

always meant to go back but i dont know anyone who lives there anymore so i cant get back there now days.

1/25/12 5:24 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy knows the truth bout the bases. He heard it from that guy he talked to on a bench a few months back.
1/25/12 6:38 AM
JIMMYNAKS
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sufferingsuckatash -  Jimmy knows the truth bout the bases. He heard it from that guy he talked to on a bench a few months back.
The truth is out there Phone Post
1/25/12 10:19 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just watched the Off Limits episode.

great stuff.

thats the guy from Cities of The Underworld.

glad he found a way to keep his adventures going.
1/25/12 1:25 PM
Dr. Shocker

SHIT! i just watched that link!

DID U GUYS SEE THOSE ALIEN MARKINGS ON THE WALLS!?!?
1/26/12 1:34 AM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/publicroads/93summer/p93su16.cfm

Coast Guard Omega Station:

The Coast Guard Omega Station (OMSTA) presented a unique challenge. The station, located on the windward side near the mouth of the Trans-Koolau Tunnels, is part of an eight-station, worldwide network which allows any aircraft or ship to determine its location to within a mile. OMSTA causes large insulated objects near the station to become energized, providing a small shock to anyone coming in contact with these items. HDOT was concerned that "surprise shocks" to workers on H-3 might result in a fall or other accident. In some cases, workers in sensitive areas were required to wear gloves or rubber boots. To prevent any effect on H-3 travelers, a device known as a Faraday Shield was installed over a short section of the highway near the mouth of the tunnels to reduce the electric field. The shield consists of six three-eighth-inch-diameter wires on each side of the road spaced one vertical meter apart and eight three-eighth-inch-diameter wires overhead. A wire mesh is incorporated into the pavement below to complete the shield.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/haiku.htm

The OMEGA radionavigation system, developed by the United States Navy for military aviation users, was approved for full implementation in 1968. When the eight station chain became operational, day to day operations were managed by the United States Coast Guard in partnership with Argentina, Norway, Liberia, France, Japan and Australia. Coast Guard personnel operated two US stations - one in LaMoure, North Dakota and the other in Haiku, Hawaii. The Omega Station went through a decommissioning ceremony and shut down 30 September 1997.
1/26/12 1:42 AM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The H3 tunnel shelter in the off limits show is wet, can collapse and has no beds or lights.

If anyone goes there you can visit me at at the Coast Guard Omega Station, four walls, dry with a bed.
1/26/12 2:06 AM
fnunderful
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like my shelters like i like my women...Dark and Wet!
1/26/12 2:55 AM
yakumomutsu
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjmtg - http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/publicroads/93summer/p93su16.cfm

Coast Guard Omega Station:

The Coast Guard Omega Station (OMSTA) presented a unique challenge. The station, located on the windward side near the mouth of the Trans-Koolau Tunnels, is part of an eight-station, worldwide network which allows any aircraft or ship to determine its location to within a mile. OMSTA causes large insulated objects near the station to become energized, providing a small shock to anyone coming in contact with these items. HDOT was concerned that "surprise shocks" to workers on H-3 might result in a fall or other accident. In some cases, workers in sensitive areas were required to wear gloves or rubber boots. To prevent any effect on H-3 travelers, a device known as a Faraday Shield was installed over a short section of the highway near the mouth of the tunnels to reduce the electric field. The shield consists of six three-eighth-inch-diameter wires on each side of the road spaced one vertical meter apart and eight three-eighth-inch-diameter wires overhead. A wire mesh is incorporated into the pavement below to complete the shield.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/haiku.htm

The OMEGA radionavigation system, developed by the United States Navy for military aviation users, was approved for full implementation in 1968. When the eight station chain became operational, day to day operations were managed by the United States Coast Guard in partnership with Argentina, Norway, Liberia, France, Japan and Australia. Coast Guard personnel operated two US stations - one in LaMoure, North Dakota and the other in Haiku, Hawaii. The Omega Station went through a decommissioning ceremony and shut down 30 September 1997.
Faraday Shield? Faraday Shield?!?! Like Daniel Faraday, mad scientist/genius physicists from the popular ABC TV show Lost? Also filmed in Hawaii!

Mind = Blown Phone Post
1/29/12 2:14 PM
TheRealMBN

I'm down for tunnel dwelling if y'all let me join. I too will raid my hospital for supplies and food. Tell me more about Red Hill infrastructure and I'll start loading it up now on night runs!

As for H3 location...don't forget extra ammo to kill off the State Hospital crazies who will be running for those hills. They're extra cray and need sniper action for bullet to head. I can be lookout? Phone Post
1/29/12 4:04 PM
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i will finish them w/ naga sword!@
1/29/12 5:58 PM
JrRapozo

You have a NAGA sword?
1/29/12 6:31 PM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why wouldnt he? he competed,even in mma, up until he got hurt?
1/29/12 7:32 PM
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

craigslist!
1/30/12 3:49 PM
Dr. Shocker

Picking off unwanteds from the top of the building would be so much fun!

Wait, would we be the "unwanted"??? DOH!!!

I will wear my "GOT SPAM?" shirt just in case.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.