UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miller hopes for quicker road to contention

1/16/12 6:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

You might even say the winner of the fight, which takes place Friday at Nashville, Tenn.'s Bridgestone Arena as the main event of UFC on FX 1, is a step or two away from a shot at the winner of Edgar vs. Henderson, which headlines UFC 144 on Feb. 26.

"I hope so," Miller said of a potential title eliminator. "This fight with Melvin is the fight I wanted; it's another guy that was right up there and a tough challenge and very dangerous opponent. I didn't want a gimme win just to get back on the winning ways that sometimes seems to happen. I wanted a tough fight that is going to get me in that title contention.

"And I know that a win here, I still need another one or two to get back up there because there are always guys coming up, and things need to be sorted out. That's the fun part, fighting these guys."

At 100 percent, or as close to it as possible, Miller will throw everything he has at Guillard. Hopefully, he'll have the strength to finish what he starts, and that long road to title contention will shorten.

"Hopefully it won't take seven in a row again to start hearing talk about [a title shot]," Miller chuckled.

read entire article...

1/16/12 8:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tjmitch
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Melvin has been working his sub defense, or it will be a short night.
1/16/12 8:29 PM
JoeyB513
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Melvin gets taped out in like 2 minutes by Joe and gets a Main event fight and possibly close to a title fight yet Joe is sitting on the side line. Anyone else see something wrong with that
1/16/12 8:35 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyB513 - So Melvin gets taped out in like 2 minutes by Joe and gets a Main event fight and possibly close to a title fight yet Joe is sitting on the side line. Anyone else see something wrong with that

Yes.
1/16/12 8:36 PM
Nubinatub

JoeyB513 - So Melvin gets taped out in like 2 minutes by Joe and gets a Main event fight and possibly close to a title fight yet Joe is sitting on the side line. Anyone else see something wrong with that

Joes fighting Pettis at UFC 144 in Japan
1/16/12 9:00 PM
BooZe

JoeyB513 - So Melvin gets taped out in like 2 minutes by Joe and gets a Main event fight and possibly close to a title fight yet Joe is sitting on the side line. Anyone else see something wrong with that
Because there not impressed with Joes last performances his last win he capitalized on Melvin the same way Tito did bader! but I'm sure if he puts on a good performance and beats Pettis he will have to be in contention... Phone Post
1/16/12 9:04 PM
Puntsized

Always been a fan of Jim miller, very nice guy, and fierce competitor. Phone Post
1/16/12 9:11 PM
orcus

I kind of think Melvin IS a gimme fight for Miller.
1/16/12 9:15 PM
iTakeRockHardBrock
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really sucks Jim was so sick in that fight with Bendo. He had a tight kneebar in the 2nd round that he probably could've finished if he was 100%. Hope he gets back on track this Saturday =) Phone Post
1/16/12 9:23 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didnt hear of him being sick, what's the story? Phone Post
1/16/12 9:27 PM
iTakeRockHardBrock
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorEmilioEstevez - I didnt hear of him being sick, what's the story? Phone Post
From the full article:

"Jim Miller kept secret the fact that he was suffering from mono and had developed a kidney infection cutting weight to fight Ben Henderson five months ago." Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.