UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barry: I'm killing people, or I'm getting killed

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/19/12 11:45 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"The sport has evolved nowadays to where it's not just about fighting any more," he said. "We're entertainers. We're athletes first, but we're entertainers along with being athletes. So we've got to be able to fight, and we've got to be able to perform. I can throw a jab and run from anybody. But who wants to see that?

"I don't necessarily get into it to make people go, 'Ooh,' and that's it. But that is a part of it. We all fight for ourselves, but part of what we want is to please the crowd. I come into put on a show. It's 'HD.' Either I'm killing people, or I'm getting killed. I'm going to lose better than anybody if I do."

Right now, he's still got a job. And as long as he has a job, why worry? So what if he's always fighting bigger, heavier guys. Morecraft is 6-foot-6 and 260 pounds. Once again, Barry is punching upward.

"As long as I'm getting phone calls for fights, that's cool," he said. "Whether I'm fighting a 7-foot-3 monster or a 5-foot-3, 290-pound guy, everybody's bigger than I am. I'm 5-foot-11 no matter what I do. I'm not going to get any taller, unless there's some secret pill out there that will give me a growth spurt at 32."

read entire article...

1/19/12 11:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
American_Ninja
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Pat's warrior spirit.
1/19/12 12:44 PM
unfilter
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana is the arturo gatti of arturo gatti references.
1/19/12 12:56 PM
mixedmartialfarts
1139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned - I used to care about Pats fights but not anymore. He talks a big game beforehand, but once the cage door closes he fights like he's not even interested in it.

What in the holy fuck are you talking about?
1/19/12 12:58 PM
unfilter
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned - I used to care about Pats fights but not anymore. He talks a big game beforehand, but once the cage door closes he fights like he's not even interested in it.

1/19/12 1:08 PM
mixedmartialfarts
1139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned - 
mixedmartialfarts - 

He's got incredible kicks and striking, but it seems he gets gun shy in there and doesn't let his hands go like he probably can. He should have beaten many of the guys he lost to (especially cro-cop and Struve), be he seems to hold back and doesn't display a lof of killer instinct. I can't be the only one who sees this...
Cheick Kongo disagrees with you.  It's one thing to argue that Barry can get star struck, it's another to say that he's not interested in the fight and has no killer instinct.  That killer instinct got him KO'd against Kongo, so it obviously exists.
1/19/12 1:10 PM
Proteus The Invincible
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat often does look overly tentative, which can be very frustrating to watch. I hope he lets his strikes go when he fights Morecraft.
1/19/12 7:42 PM
mixedmartialfarts

Pride Rules - 
mixedmartialfarts - 
SlyStallowned - 
mixedmartialfarts - 

He's got incredible kicks and striking, but it seems he gets gun shy in there and doesn't let his hands go like he probably can. He should have beaten many of the guys he lost to (especially cro-cop and Struve), be he seems to hold back and doesn't display a lof of killer instinct. I can't be the only one who sees this...
Cheick Kongo disagrees with you.  It's one thing to argue that Barry can get star struck, it's another to say that he's not interested in the fight and has no killer instinct.  That killer instinct got him KO'd against Kongo, so it obviously exists.
Killer instinct = looking like a noob running in with both hands down by your waist and eating a punch for it?

people here make me laugh sometimes

That "noob" strategy had Kongo about as close as you can get someone to being unconscious without them actually being unconscious.  If you can seriously watch this gif and tell me that Pat Barry has no killer instinct then you're crazy or trolling.

1/20/12 9:29 PM
mixedmartialfarts

Pat Barry looked pretty good even with a "noob" strategy and no killer instinct, eh guys? Phone Post
1/20/12 10:04 PM
KampHitMyMannHole
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheUltimateLurker - Well, Pat looked fatter than normal. Which pretty much fucking sucks. Hope he catches Morecraft earlier. Seriously doubt we will get two good rounds out of Pat.

Stop shitting on the fans that root for you Pat. Take your conditioning seriously for once.
Keep lurking Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.