UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> WTF OKC?!?! 5 yrs 80 million for Westbrook???

1/19/12 3:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Floppy Divac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude's a great player but I'm still not sure how he fits in down there.  That's a big fucking contract and I hope for their sake that things go smoothly over these next few years.  Should be interesting, can't wait for the next squabble him and Durant get into.
1/19/12 4:28 PM
EKPOGI
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if I'm not mistaken he could get up to $96 mil if he wanted
1/20/12 4:22 AM
PTM2020
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a good player, and that's a hefty contract but we'll see if he can deliver.   I've said it before on other boards, the Thunders hopes of ever having a Title don't rest on Durants shoulders.  It will be based on how consistant Westbrook can play and how he steps up in the big games.   As good as he is he still displays some really bad decisions more often then not.  

But when he's on...oh man...... he's fuckin lethal.
1/20/12 7:47 AM
dangerboy12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love what Westbrook can do.

I don't always love what he does do.

I think he's the second best listed PG in the league behind Rose.

1/20/12 12:09 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EKPOGI - if I'm not mistaken he could get up to $96 mil if he wanted

yeah, that's the numbers for the d-rose max contract that's named after d-rose.
1/20/12 3:36 PM
EKPOGI
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/12 3:37 PM
so he signed for $78 mil so the zombie Sonics can try to retain Harden and Ibaka.cool.
1/20/12 9:09 PM
Windfall
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/12 9:09 PM
I think he is helllla overrated. I remember watching the West Finals last year, when there were like 5 straight fucking plays where no one touched the ball except him. 5 straight plays of iso-Westbrook bricks. Durant couldn't touch the ball.

His Assist/Turnover ratio was a heinous .8 a couple weeks back. Point. 8. It has shot up to a 1.5 now!! Lol... Still absolutely awful for a point guard.
http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Assists.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

I think he's the second best listed PG in the league behind Rose.

No fucking way!!
1/21/12 7:12 PM
Floppy Divac

"His Assist/Turnover ratio was a heinous .8 a couple weeks back. Point. 8. It has shot up to a 1.5 now!! Lol... Still absolutely awful for a point guard."

Don't get me started bro, Tyreke killllllls me with that same shit.
1/21/12 8:08 PM
dangerboy12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

assist turnover ratio is a horribly overrated stat

Westbrook and Rose are the best because they have no real weaknesses.
1/22/12 3:48 AM
The Destroyer88

I would have traded his ass for a pass first PG like Rondo. You know Boston would've taken that deal in a heartbeat and Rondo would be a perfect fit in OKC's lineup.

I just don't like anybody not named Kobe or Wade taking the final shot over Durant or chucking the ball up for that matter. Really don't think that relationship will work out in the long run. Westbrook wants to be their #1 option like Rose is with Chicago but Chicago also doesn't have the best scorer in the league. If Durant was on Chicago I'd say the same freaking thing, trade Rose for Rondo.
1/22/12 4:19 AM
EKPOGI

^no way with Rondo better than Westbrook.

last season the most player to player assisted was Westbrook to Durant.Until Durant can muscle away for separation during playoff time,they'd love to have a weapon like Westbrook.but he does need to slow done a bit.
1/22/12 4:42 AM
The Destroyer88

Didn't say Rondo was better than Westbrook, just said he's a better fit for OKC and Durant than Westbrook currently is. Also Boston is already looking into the future and Westbrook would've been a perfect fit for a rebuilding Celtics team. Put someone else around him and that team would essentially be what the Bulls are now.
1/22/12 5:25 AM
Windfall
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Destroyer88 -  I would have traded his ass for a pass first PG like Rondo. You know Boston would've taken that deal in a heartbeat and Rondo would be a perfect fit in OKC's lineup.

I just don't like anybody not named Kobe or Wade taking the final shot over Durant or chucking the ball up for that matter. Really don't think that relationship will work out in the long run. Westbrook wants to be their #1 option like Rose is with Chicago but Chicago also doesn't have the best scorer in the league. If Durant was on Chicago I'd say the same freaking thing, trade Rose for Rondo.

Good post.

I am a huge Rondo fan, btw.
1/22/12 1:02 PM
dangerboy12

Edited: 01/22/12 1:03 PM
Durant is overrated. He's too skinny.
1/22/12 10:41 PM
PoundforPound
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^You're officially retarded. Go back to watching hockey and soccer.
1/23/12 12:07 PM
dangerboy12

what? I said he's overrated.

I didn't say he wasn't great, I'm just saying he's not a top 5 player like everyone wants him to be. And it's because he is skinny.

He'll probably be an all time legend, like George Gervin, but he's not a centerpiece of a championship team IMO. He's not physical enough. Or mentally tough enough.
1/23/12 12:15 PM
Windfall

Edited: 01/23/12 12:14 PM
I'm just saying he's not a top 5 player

I might agree.
Rose, James and Howard are better. I want to put Wade in here too - but he is a bit fragile. Who else? Kobe?
1/23/12 1:21 PM
dangerboy12

Dirk, James, Howard, Rose, Bryant
2/19/12 2:08 AM
supersaiyan

too bad OKC gonna be stuck with westbrook for the next 5 years and nothing to show for it...they wont even make it to the championship round in 5 years
2/19/12 11:02 PM
PoundforPound
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/12 11:04 PM
The "overrated/too skinny" Durant had 51 points tonight.

And Russell Westbrook had 40 points. He will be money well spent, if he plays like that more often than not.
2/22/12 11:39 PM
gusto

dangerboy12 - Dirk, James, Howard, Rose, Bryant

id take durant uber alles right now, but age is a factor

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.