UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Bull Fighter Pass defense?

1/21/12 1:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Royce Nelson
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a lot of problems with people doing this to me. They always just grab my legs and throw them to the side and pass.

My guard isn't that bad, but if someone passes my guard it is usually from this pass. Anyone out there have any advice? Phone Post
1/23/12 11:35 AM
tylery101
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heels on the ground, grab both of their elbows and push them together. When they try to move around to the side then you should just be able to sit back with your heels off the ground (while still holding the elbows) and they will inadvertently turn you in the direction they are going. That will but you time, but eventually it comes down to you having to break their grips Phone Post
1/23/12 11:18 PM
Royce Nelson
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tylery101 - Heels on the ground, grab both of their elbows and push them together. When they try to move around to the side then you should just be able to sit back with your heels off the ground (while still holding the elbows) and they will inadvertently turn you in the direction they are going. That will but you time, but eventually it comes down to you having to break their grips Phone Post
Thanks alot Phone Post
1/25/12 9:39 PM
tylery101
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No problem. Hope it helps. Phone Post
1/28/12 6:35 AM
GRANBYTRIPOD1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

underhook one of your opponents arms between your legs, if that makes sense, and gable grip your underhook. kick start your leg on the side of your underhook. you now have your opponent in a triangle.
1/29/12 9:06 PM
Royce Nelson

GRANBYTRIPOD1 - underhook one of your opponents arms between your legs, if that makes sense, and gable grip your underhook. kick start your leg on the side of your underhook. you now have your opponent in a triangle.
Thank you I will try it tomorrow. Phone Post
1/30/12 11:04 AM
Thomas Wood
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Free Shipping Worldwide Over £120, TatamiFightwear.com
I found that Wall walking drills on the wall and with a partner really helped with stopping this happening.
Getting used to turning onto your shoulders and regaining guard will help.
2/2/12 9:55 AM
Royce Nelson

Thomas Wood - I found that Wall walking drills on the wall and with a partner really helped with stopping this happening.
Getting used to turning onto your shoulders and regaining guard will help.
Thank you Mr. Wood Phone Post
2/8/12 8:53 PM
mrgoodarmbar
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some good advice above.

You can also get a collar grip, then do a technical standup in which the knee of what will be your front leg, breaks his grip on your other leg so that you can complete the technical standup... and you can go straight into an lapel drag (like an arm drag, but you've got the lapel grip) and whip hip to the mat.

If you are really late and his partly through the pass, you turn away from him and push on his tricep.. Here's a vid of Frank Mir doing it off a triangle escape, but it's the same escape...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtENCLW3Brg

I'd also look into why they are getting the set up for the pass... They should not be getting that kind of control of your legs. If they're standing, you should be sitting up protecting your legs. If they are setting it up from sitting, you should be breaking grips sooner.

2/9/12 11:22 PM
Royce Nelson

mrgoodarmbar - Some good advice above.

You can also get a collar grip, then do a technical standup in which the knee of what will be your front leg, breaks his grip on your other leg so that you can complete the technical standup... and you can go straight into an lapel drag (like an arm drag, but you've got the lapel grip) and whip hip to the mat.

If you are really late and his partly through the pass, you turn away from him and push on his tricep.. Here's a vid of Frank Mir doing it off a triangle escape, but it's the same escape...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtENCLW3Brg

I'd also look into why they are getting the set up for the pass... They should not be getting that kind of control of your legs. If they're standing, you should be sitting up protecting your legs. If they are setting it up from sitting, you should be breaking grips sooner.

Ok thanks a lot I really appreciate all the help. I think I'm probably not reacting quick enough to breaking there grips. Thanks again Phone Post
4/19/12 9:00 AM
shin2chin
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lapel drag for sure

If they posture up to counter the lapel drag pick their ankle and come up with them for an easy takedown.
4/22/12 4:59 PM
Royce Nelson

Thank u Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.