UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Wow at the East (over-achievement)

1/21/12 7:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/21/12 7:53 PM

Philadelphia (11-4): The preseason commentators picked them as a team to miss the playoffs this year.

Orlando (11-4): Every expected them to implode, and be forced into dealing Dwight. Now I would expect him to stay!

Indiana (10-4): Are they for real? Not sure yet.

Also in the West..
Denver (11-5) and Utah (9-5) have literally no stars on their roster, but are doing really quite well.
1/21/12 8:46 PM
dangerboy12
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

effort is winning a lot of games so far

In the end though, talent will win out.

Denver has a good roster IMO, so they will keep it up. Not sure what they do in the playoffs.

Utah will battle for the 8th seed.

Philly is well coached, and will have home court in the first round. They might make the second round depending on who the play in the first.

Indiana needs to lock in the 4, 5, or 6 seed or they lose the first round for sure.

Orlando is a wild card.
1/22/12 3:35 AM
The Destroyer88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more surprised at Chicago, even being a Bulls fan. 15-3 with 3 losses against teams they should have beaten in Golden State, Atlanta, and Memphis. I thought they'd drop off defensively this year and Boozer would continue to be in a slump, but it's been the complete opposite. Rose goes down, you think the Bulls would cool off but they haven't. Won without Rose, Noah, Gibson, and John Lucas tonight. One player goes down everybody else steps up their game. This is certainly a special team both last and this year and hopefully they can make it past Miami this year.

Also thought getting Rip would be a disappointment like how Ben Walace was for us a few years ago but when healthy Rip has been nothing but money for us. Brewer and Korver are also shooting lights out for us.
1/22/12 11:18 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

huge bulls fan and yes, they are surprising me. in this weak ass eastern conference, i think their bench can be the 8th seed. boozer has been playing well when he gets the minutes. deng has been the mvp for the team this year so far. rose is learning to conserve energy for the 4th quarter. brewer and korver has been much better than last year. brewer learning to shoot, korver improving on defense. the only disappointment so far is noah haven't been the all star i expected him to be.
1/22/12 3:07 PM
The Destroyer88

I've said it from the beginning, Noah wouldn't be what everybody wants him to be. He's an at best high energy 10 and 10 center. I thought it was a colossal mistake keeping him when everybody and their mothers wanted him, and then paying him that much money. IMO Asik is already playing just as good if not better than Noah, can get you the same numbers, better defensively, and he costs you a fraction of what you paid Noah.
1/22/12 8:50 PM
dangerboy12
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noah can guard multiple positions. Most teams don't have a inside scoring threat these days. Chicago is built on defense. Boozer is merely an average defender.

They need a versatile defender at center.
1/22/12 11:23 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think noah is more valuable than his stats. rose and deng are not vocal leaders, every team needs that one loud mouth to rally the troops, he is that guy. and when he was playing well, before his injuries last year, he was more than 10/10.. closer to 13/13 and his ugly tornado jumpers were falling for him.. this year though, he just haven't been playing as good as he is capable of.
1/23/12 4:26 PM
Floppy Divac
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Also thought getting Rip would be a disappointment like how Ben Walace was for us a few years ago but when healthy Rip has been nothing but money for us."

Absolutely.  What I've seen of him this year he's been solid, wasn't expecting it.
1/24/12 1:34 PM
Floppy Divac
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Denver is killin folks!!  Poor Knicks. lol
1/24/12 2:11 PM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Yea seriously. What is going on! Such an interesting year for the NBA - complete shift in power this year.

So much for Chi/Mia/Bos/NYK being a lock for the top 4.
1/24/12 2:21 PM
alxholic

i think philly and indy are legit. orlando can implode if they run into any road bumps...but if they find a way to land d-will, they'd become a contender.

for the bulls, noah seems to be coming back to being the good noah, but the deng injury have me worried
1/24/12 10:48 PM
The Destroyer88

Yeah they can't lose Deng for an extended period of time. Luckily he's decided against surgery and will just play through it.
1/26/12 12:10 PM
MadDog243
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nevermind the bulls, I CANT afford to lose Deng! Dude has been killing it for me in my fantasy league (Im in 1st place) but now my top four guys are all injured! FUCK
1/26/12 12:19 PM
alxholic

told you indy is for real
1/29/12 6:44 PM
BJJkilla
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/29/12 6:46 PM
i expect the 76ers to cool off soon, probably fall down to the 7-8th seed.

as for the west, i don't see the rockets or jazz making it into the playoffs. the lakers and grizzlies will take their spots by the end of the season.
2/3/12 11:37 AM
stephenu88
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SIXERS are for real!

Its about time teams that play like a team WIN! (Sixers,Nuggs)

The Sixers play ball like its supposed to be played! The same way we were taught as kids! TEAMWORK! No whining, no trade DEMANDS, just good old-fashioned TEAMWORK!

I'm so sick of the elites teaming up to try and create a super team...its ruining basketball! Get over it you bitch ass mother fuckers! Look at the Thunder, The Nuggets, The Sixers! These are real TEAMS! DUH!
2/3/12 11:40 AM
stephenu88
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alxholic - told you indy is for real

and yes..INDY is for REALZ! How could anybody think otherwise? They built a solid team from the ground up. Everybody should stop dick riding the Knicks or praying the Nets get Dwight Howard! Just shut the fuck up already! That's not real basketball! You New York crybabies think you're owed something......let's see you build your own team instead of robbing the smaller markets!
2/4/12 4:14 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stephenu88 - SIXERS are for real!

The Sixers play ball like its supposed to be played! The same way we were taught as kids! TEAMWORK! No whining, no trade DEMANDS, just good old-fashioned TEAMWORK!

I'm so sick of the elites teaming up to try and create a super team...its ruining basketball! Get over it you bitch ass mother fuckers! Look at the Thunder, The Nuggets, The Sixers! These are real TEAMS! DUH!

How many "real" championships have those teams won in the past decade?
2/4/12 4:24 AM
BJJkilla
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stephenu88 - SIXERS are for real!

teamwork sure didn't help the sixers against the super team heat.

spurs are the only team in the recent past to win a championship with a team that was mostly built through draft picks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.