UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Fish oil

1/21/12 11:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's the ideal dose of fish oil (EPA/DHA) dose? personal experience, or links to scientific research??
1/22/12 12:09 PM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

btw, the fish oil are currently use are 360/240 for EPA/DHA, per 2 capsules.
2/17/12 5:02 PM
OctagonSoldier
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
2/17/12 9:42 PM
BshMstr

i found this on a search:

In a new study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology on 11th August 2009 the recommendations are at least 500 mg per day for those with no known cardio vascular issues, and 800 to 1000 mg per day for those with known pre existing heart disease problems, of EPA and DHA.

....seems a bit low to me, though.
2/24/12 6:30 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/21926-epa-shown-to-be-as-effective-as-an-antidepressant-drug/page__st__30__gopid__503328#entry503328

a good thread we're having on this awesome forum about Fish Oil

anyways, it really depends on quality and be very careful consuming it. the entire process of making fish oil leaves a TON of room for problems.

there's a great website that had a list of every known maker and it's rating. and I cannot find it for the life of me...arg

anyways Nordic Naturals that I take had a very high rating so I stick with it

I typically take at least 1,000 mg a day honestly

are you taking them to supplement omega-3s or for mood/anxiety/depression etc?
2/24/12 6:52 PM
OctagonSoldier
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut - http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/21926-epa-shown-to-be-as-effective-as-an-antidepressant-drug/page__st__30__gopid__503328#entry503328

a good thread we're having on this awesome forum about Fish Oil

anyways, it really depends on quality and be very careful consuming it. the entire process of making fish oil leaves a TON of room for problems.

there's a great website that had a list of every known maker and it's rating. and I cannot find it for the life of me...arg

anyways Nordic Naturals that I take had a very high rating so I stick with it

I typically take at least 1,000 mg a day honestly

are you taking them to supplement omega-3s or for mood/anxiety/depression etc?

1000mg of oil, but how much EPA and DHA?  How many of the gel tabs is that, or are you taking the liquid directly?
2/24/12 7:20 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oops time to clarify (btw, why do I have a blue?!)

3:2 EPA:DHA ratio is what I use. I take the capsules with breakfast (along with a multi-vit, and some antioxidants like resveratrol and bacopa/CDP-Choline combo when I have 5+ hour lecture classes, why am i mentioning this? because I am on bacopa/CDP-Choline right now and it makes my mind race)

with Nordic Naturals that's 2 capsules. I eat mostly a vegan/vegatarian diet but sometimes do consume fish. If it's a day where I plan on having fish for whatever reasons, i.e. sushi date or making fish for a gathering then I'll probably omit the capsules.

I really dislike the taste of oil although I am sure in a lot of instances it would be a better alternative. I'd avoid any oil that says "burp/taste free" it means it's been tampered with.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.