UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rutten: Reem has glass jaw, will lose to JDS

1/22/12 8:58 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

In an interview with the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time!” show with Bruce Buffer, the colorful MMA personality gave his thoughts on the matchup and a variety of other topics, including his Fuel TV show “Punk Payback” and Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos’ positive test for an anabolic steroid.

Rutten on telling Overeem’s camp which opponents could make for difficult matchups: “I always told them … make sure to avoid Junior dos Santos. I think him and Cain Velasquez, although with Cain, he cannot take a punch too great. But still, Cain is a monster and he should have simply shot in on Junior dos Santos, I think. I actually thought he was going to win that fight, but he didn’t. He got tagged, and that can happen to anybody. Anyway, I always said try to stay away as long as you can from Junior dos Santos. That right now could be a very big threat together, believe it or not, with Cheick Kongo. I think that would also be a great opponent for him.”

On how Overeem matches up with dos Santos: “I think Alistair, everything he does is one single shot because he knows he’s got that glass jaw as well. He’s been knocked out quite a few times in the past, even by Chuck Liddell as well. Every time when he punches, one hand is up. He throws single shots; he doesn’t throw combinations. You saw that when he fought [Fabricio] Werdum. Werdum was actually tagging him more than he did to Werdum. I think that Junior dos Santos, with his combinations, his reach, I think he’s going to tag him and he’s going to throw combos and I think that yeah, he’s going to take this fight.”

read entire article...

1/22/12 9:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Malvert the Janitor
846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree.

Bas gets flamed in 5, 4, 3, 2..... Phone Post
1/22/12 9:03 AM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Bas but he wouldn't have said this if Overeem didn't have the falling out with GG.
1/22/12 9:09 AM
dingdong_malice

Alistair said his chin got better at HW but got stopped in the first by Badr hari and im fairly certain JDS hits just as hard.
1/22/12 9:13 AM
Malvert the Janitor
846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dingdong_malice - Alistair said his chin got better at HW but got stopped in the first by Badr hari and im fairly certain JDS hits just as hard.
And with smaller gloves...

Reem gets smeared against Junior. Phone Post
1/22/12 9:14 AM
shootfightermike
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/22/12 9:24 AM
ortman166

I agree with bas and thought so before this, but there will be lots of "sour grape" comments I'm sure. Phone Post
1/22/12 9:30 AM
sadisticsoldier
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone has a glass jaw against the top guys at heavyweight. There is no taking a solid shot on the chin from these guys and walking through it. If you think that Overeem keeping his hand up is a bad thing, you are a moron. Overeem being able to finish opponents while minimizing risk is a good thing, believe it or not.
1/22/12 9:34 AM
JamesTheWelshDR
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sadisticsoldier - Everyone has a glass jaw against the top guys at heavyweight. There is no taking a solid shot on the chin from these guys and walking through it. If you think that Overeem keeping his hand up is a bad thing, you are a moron. Overeem being able to finish opponents while minimizing risk is a good thing, believe it or not.

Roy nelson glass jaw ? i dont think so
1/22/12 9:38 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'He’s been knocked out quite a few times in the past, even by Chuck Liddell as well'

WTF is that supposed to mean?

I'm a fan of Bas, but Chuck hit/hits harder than the HW's.
Strange thing to say.
1/22/12 9:38 AM
xiBLacKouTix
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daaaamn this nikka just said hoy nelson. That nikka can very well take a shot!! Phone Post
1/22/12 9:41 AM
Joe Sons nuts

Wow. Talk about two faced. Don't care for his legend status, he deserves to get called on his bullshit like everyone else.

And it's bullshit because he has clearly had an agenda against the Reem since he split with GG. Watch any Inside MMA before that, and you'll see Bas over his nuts.
1/22/12 9:42 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In an old episode of the Reem, Bas had a completely different opinion about how he would do in the UFC
1/22/12 9:43 AM
touch
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

touch: Overeem will beat JDS
1/22/12 9:44 AM
wheeels

JDS all day long.
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dingdong_malice - Alistair said his chin got better at HW but got stopped in the first by Badr hari and im fairly certain JDS hits just as hard.

I wouldn't count a standing TKO as bad if he took a head kick from Badr Hari and wasn't unconscious

Also it's kind of hard to deny that this was a majorly douche thing to say being former training partners and after suing him the day before the Brock fight
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely a Bas fan, but he really needs to get over trash talking the Reem at every opportunity.. Even if he is right it still doesn't look good for him.
1/22/12 9:47 AM
Leck Brosnar

JDS hits hard but he couldn't even put Crocop away, a feat even Frank Mur did. Using MMath and looking at Overeem/Crocop and JDS/Crocop, Overeem was far more dominant.
1/22/12 9:55 AM
Malvert the Janitor

Leck Brosnar - JDS hits hard but he couldn't even put Crocop away, a feat even Frank Mur did. Using MMath and looking at Overeem/Crocop and JDS/Crocop, Overeem was far more dominant.
Fedor couldn't put Cro Cop away either. 1 1=3. Phone Post
1/22/12 9:57 AM
Barragan

Leck Brosnar - I like Bas but he wouldn't have said this if Overeem didn't have the falling out with GG.

Agreed.
1/22/12 9:57 AM
Flexo
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes right. JDS is way too fast for Reem. Phone Post
1/22/12 9:59 AM
Leck Brosnar

Malvert the Janitor - 
Leck Brosnar - JDS hits hard but he couldn't even put Crocop away, a feat even Frank Mur did. Using MMath and looking at Overeem/Crocop and JDS/Crocop, Overeem was far more dominant.
Fedor couldn't put Cro Cop away either. 1 1=3.

Not trying to continue this argument, but what the hell does Fedor have to do with this? We have Crocop as a measuring stick against JDS, Overeem was far more dominant(imo).
1/22/12 10:01 AM
nyhcloyalty
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sour grapes.
1/22/12 10:06 AM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Sons nuts - Wow. Talk about two faced. Don't care for his legend status, he deserves to get called on his bullshit like everyone else.

And it's bullshit because he has clearly had an agenda against the Reem since he split with GG. Watch any Inside MMA before that, and you'll see Bas over his nuts.

^ This

When Reem was still with Golden Glory, Bas was claiming was the #1 HW in the world. Now that he has left them, he is glass jawed bum.

Bas is two-faced.
1/22/12 10:06 AM
mkou
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shahanshah - 
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 'He’s been knocked out quite a few times in the past, <b>even by Chuck Liddell as well</b>'

WTF is that supposed to mean?

I'm a fan of Bas, but Chuck hit/hits harder than the HW's.
Strange thing to say

Huh?

Chuck fought at LHW.

he landed big shots on lots of guys that didn't put them out(wand/vitor/rampage)

Was he a big puncher? yeah.

but how you can compare him to HW's is baffling.

Chuck is no Hendo in terms of power IMO.

The fuck? CHUCK IS NO HENDO IN TERMS OF POWER? LOL what the fuck is wrong with this forum nowadays!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.