UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Questions about PV solar systems

1/22/12 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember there was a HG member that was a PV tech. I wanted to ask a few questions but I cannot find the thread.

I am interested in getting a grid tied system but no nothing about them.

I heard China is dumping right now and the price of PV systems has dropped a lot. I was wondering what are the better PV panels and inverters and if I should bother installing a solar water heater later, or first, or at all. (We use a lot of hot water).

If a pro member can point me to the old form I'd appreciate it.
1/23/12 9:51 AM
kanotoa
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I put up a couple of solar water heaters so I know what to expect from them. I would love both a solar water heater and a PV system but I don't really have the cash for both right now.

Also have any of you heard about battery tech that will make off the grid/ or at least battery back up systems feasible? I heard China was also driving the prices of Lithium ion batteries for houses down. I like the idea of not havin to check the water all the time.
1/23/12 1:00 PM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's ironic that china is one of the reasons we need to investigate these things in the first place. oh the ironing.
1/25/12 11:05 AM
kanotoa

Yeah I wish I could buy panels made in the USA but damn panels used to be so damn expensive, like 50-60K.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.