UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Any wrestling clubs around Oakland County, MI?

1/25/12 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rafael135
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking for some freestyle/Greco wrestling clubs and camps in Oakland County with some collegiate/all-state wrestlers. Any suggestions?
12/6/12 2:03 AM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oakland judo club. We train wrestling at Stars and Strikes in Livonia we have a few guys who made states.

12/10/12 8:52 PM
judoblackbelt
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are good judokas/wrestlers at Oakland University judo club. Many of the guys are 215lbs and above up to 280 lbs. If you are a big guy you will find some competition here.
1/10/13 10:22 PM
Firstnamekevin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say Oakland University, they always seem to have a good club around. You'll differently be able to roll with some collegiate guys there.
1/16/13 9:21 AM
judoblackbelt
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would have to join the judo club for a very small class fee. Wear a gi and go thru the judo drills/techniques. During free sparring you would have to go by judo rules. What I am pointing out is it is a good alternative where there are tough bigger guys there you can mix it up with. Oakland has a wrestling club also that uses the same facility as the judo club.

Contacts:
Judo:Ravi Tadi, rttadi@oakland.edu
Wrestling: Jimmy Schroader, lschroa@oakland.edu

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.