UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> BJJ in Melb CBD / Fitzroy

1/27/12 9:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Yer Maw
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've just moved to Melbourne for a few months and I'm looking for somewhere to train BJJ a couple of times a week. I'm living in Fitzroy, just off Alexandra Parade, and I don't really want to travel any more than 20 minutes (by public transport or foot) to train. I liked the look of Extreme when looking into gyms before I got here but it seems like it'd be a bit of a hassle to get to from where I'm staying. 

I've saw there's a 10th Planet in Coburg which looks like it mights be doable in around 20 mins, does anybody have any reviews of the place? I am a relative newcomer to BJJ (mostly trained muay thai up until now) and have only ever trained no-gi so this place looked like it could be perfect. I'm not against buying a gi and training in the gi though if there's a top-level place near by because this is something I want to take up anyway. If anyone has any other suggestions / recommendations of good places in my general vicinity it would be much appreciated. I'm only interested in BJJ while I'm here, as top level muay thai is available at home where as BJJ is a bit more scarce, so doesn't matter if it's a purely BJJ school.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
1/31/12 3:56 PM
SyN

CBD you can't go past Training with Thiago Stefanutti at absolute mma. He coaches at my gym once a week and is one of the best coaches i have ever seen teach anything. Phone Post
1/31/12 3:57 PM
SyN

I think he is at Absolute four days a week. Phone Post
2/2/12 6:31 AM
DIMA

Hey mate... Head coach at 10th planet is Frankie Barca... NO GI JJ 6 times a week.... Coach is on the mat rolling all day everyday... You can get all the details from www.10thplanetjjmelbourne.com... Come down and have a roll... Try it out... Your first class is free!! Phone Post
2/5/12 5:16 PM
DK Chaos
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.teamnemesis.com.au

Professional MMA, BJJ and Muay thai coaches who have trained and competed all over the world. Its about 15 mins from fitzroy on the tram.
2/9/12 4:15 AM
Yer Maw

Not been on here for a good few days, thanks for all the replies. I'm going to look at all the gyms suggested in the next week or so and try a few intro class at all of them before making my decision. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.