UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Ray Echols Ruins Alabama MMA (cagepotato link)

1/31/12 10:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Ward
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah. I saw it. (brushes shoulder off) Phone Post
1/31/12 12:30 PM
Josh J
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw it.  I'm fighting on that card with Stephen Wilhite and Matt Ward.
1/31/12 4:49 PM
AXC Ray

I want to thank all of my wonderful AXC fans for supporting me and our show and letting the MMA world know about us and our monumental,ground breaking,standard setting and historic achivements. We have built a stable of the very best fightrs in Cullman and the Southeast. Our list of fighters and fans can be heard on some of the best Facebook pages like Sanctioning for MMA in Alabama,Local MMA Online, and Around the Octagon.Sure we have some haters out there but that comes with being the very best at what you do even the UFC has haters. We at AXC are going to have to find a larger venue because 1000 person capacity is not big enough for our fans who have called it the UFC of Alabama.The laser lights and smoke machines just made it that much better. We are going to be venturing into a new mma competion were kids of all ages can compete in mma called Sport MMA that allows kids to compete without the brutal knees and elbows and light contact. We found out about this competion through the ISKA and they have already done some competions and it does not have to be regulated by a santioning body. Just a referee with points type skills. Chokes will be stopped once the arm is across the throat and they will be restarted from there feet again untill 3 subs have been obtained or someone wins by points. Thank you everybody We Love MMA.
1/31/12 6:02 PM
Josh J

I don't even know what to say to that idiocy.

UFC of Alabama?  Just because you bought a smoke machine?  Seriously? 
1/31/12 6:07 PM
AXC Ray

Jealousy wow thats funny cause im repeating a comment made to me by a fan. I love my life and my fans.
1/31/12 6:26 PM
Fat Tony

Then let me repeat a comment that I heard about you. "He's going to jail."
1/31/12 6:42 PM
AXC Ray

Wow thats funny Toney im running my shop, training my fighters and carving my name in the Alabama MMA history books what are you doing today. Your sources are very limited my friend i have a permit from the City of Cullman AL for every fight i have ever hosted with the reciepts from the City police were they worked the fights and the ISKA is launching their sport mma for kids that is not regulated by sanctioning body so like i said before i made history you made biscuits.
1/31/12 6:42 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony and Josh hit the nail on the head so many times in this thread....I would like to add a few things as well.

Ray Echols is a bum fighter and a bum fight promoter. He and Robert C. were the two biggest reasons the state needed a commission.

Anyone who knows anything about the MMA scene in Alabama knows this. Cornering your kid in an mma bout, and telling him to continue when he had that type of injury? As a parent of two sons, that video made me sick to my stomach.

The sole fact that Ray was awarded the opportunity to promote a sanctioned event in Alabama, leads me to the conclusion that the commission in the state is already an utter failure, and should not be trusted when it comes to promoting things like fighter safety.

The funniest thing about the entire situation, is the answers you get when you ask the legit coaches in the area about Ray and Co.

I wont bring those coaches names into this out of respect for them, but I think when you say "legit, top tier gyms in Alabama" most people know what two or three gyms you are talking about.

All those coaches have hilarious tales of Ray's "MMA" events.

Ray and Robert are bad for the sport, and that's just the bottom line. Saying AXC is the UFC of Alabama is like saying Waffle House is the Ruth's Chris of Hartselle.

The top three moments of my time watching live MMA events.

1. Marcus Brimage winning his UFC fight

2. John Salter putting Roberto Traven to sleep.

3. Adrian Miles "one-hitter-quitter" where he cued the lullaby and put Ray Echols out he was putting his baby to sleep.
1/31/12 6:48 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before you go getting all rowdy Ray, you should know that I am deeply connected in the Birmingham media scene.

After downloading the video of you treating your kid like he was a pit bull fighting for you, I saved it my laptop, and emailed it to my good friend who is a sports producer.

He was very interested in getting more information about you and how the commission works, and why you were granted a license.

I have directed him to this thread, so say hi.
1/31/12 7:33 PM
Josh J

AXC Ray - Wow thats funny Toney im running my shop, training my fighters and carving my name in the Alabama MMA history books what are you doing today. Your sources are very limited my friend i have a permit from the City of Cullman AL for every fight i have ever hosted with the reciepts from the City police were they worked the fights and the ISKA is launching their sport mma for kids that is not regulated by sanctioning body so like i said before i made history you made biscuits.

Ray, you aren't carving it in there for good reasons.  Jerry Sandusky carved his name in the history books as well.  You keep at it.
1/31/12 7:39 PM
justacook

Josh, I have 2 smoke machines and disco lights. That with years of sitting on that hard bench makes me just about as qualified as Ray. Maybe that should be my next career, lol.
I would seriously like to know how under 18 is supposed to legally fight in MMA. It is against the rules of this state and I don't think you can put "sport" in front of it and make it ok.
1/31/12 7:40 PM
AXC Ray

My son begged me to allow him to continue sparring with his friend.I in no way shape or form forced him to continue going. It was only a sparring match during an intermission. They trained together for a year before this match ever occured.
1/31/12 8:02 PM
justacook

Your son was being viewed by an unknown number of people in an illegal fight and someone made money off the event, probably you and your buddy. When he was injured, you didn't jump up and rush him to the hospital, you told him to keep on going 2 more rounds. We have it on video, no way you can deny this. Pretty sure it's been done before too. There is a huge difference in training a child to defend themselves and allowing them to participate in a brawl for money. I actually know of someone that took their kid to a park with the intentions of letting a fight happen with another kid and the parent was arrested. Do you think this was any different?
Adults have to occasionally be adults. It doesn't matter what you say your son wanted to do. As a parent, it is your responsibility to protect your son and occasionally just say no. That means not letting them step into a cage over a dirt floor with barely any equipment on to get hurt, especially for money. What you did was disgusting and I'm sure it will happen again in spite of the fact that it is illegal.
1/31/12 8:11 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most people wear head gear and shin pads to spar, especially when they're under the age of 16.

I saw a screen shot from your son't facebook page in which he referred to the "sparring session" as his upcoming "fight" and he also posted a message saying that he won his "fight." One of his friends asked him who he was fighting and he didn't respond. You'd think he'd know the name of his friend that he was "sparring" with.

Not everyone is as stupid as the commission you've fooled in Alabama.
1/31/12 8:39 PM
justacook

Quoted for accuracy just to make sure this doesn't disappear the way other posts have.
AXC Ray - I want to thank all of my wonderful AXC fans for supporting me and our show and letting the MMA world know about us and our monumental,ground breaking,standard setting and historic achivements. We have built a stable of the very best fightrs in Cullman and the Southeast. Our list of fighters and fans can be heard on some of the best Facebook pages like Sanctioning for MMA in Alabama,Local MMA Online, and Around the Octagon.Sure we have some haters out there but that comes with being the very best at what you do even the UFC has haters. We at AXC are going to have to find a larger venue because 1000 person capacity is not big enough for our fans who have called it the UFC of Alabama.The laser lights and smoke machines just made it that much better. We are going to be venturing into a new mma competion were kids of all ages can compete in mma called Sport MMA that allows kids to compete without the brutal knees and elbows and light contact. We found out about this competion through the ISKA and they have already done some competions and it does not have to be regulated by a santioning body. Just a referee with points type skills. Chokes will be stopped once the arm is across the throat and they will be restarted from there feet again untill 3 subs have been obtained or someone wins by points. Thank you everybody We Love MMA.

1/31/12 9:03 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And LOL@using Facebook pages as a guage of success.
1/31/12 9:37 PM
gorillagrappling

Wow. Just wow. Just when you think the ALUG is dead and gone; leave it to good ole Ray Echols to pull a Lloyd Christmas. Thanks buddy. You will affect history, that's for certain. You will have single handedly brought this forum back from the ashes and made it great once more. But that's about it.

Where do I start? I saw you on the news. Solid performance. Did you get that outfit back to Matt Hardy yet or is he going to let you wear it to your arraignment? WTF were you thinking, sir? If you want people to take you seriously, you have to stop dressing like a 17 year old. And you need to learn how to properly enunciate. Here's a good place to start. http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/speakforsuccesscourse/a/speechlesson1.htm

Now that we have that out of the way. Who's pistol did you oil to get a license to promote MMA? I knew Alabama was f'd up but I was unaware that one could secure said license at the local bait and tackle.

"My son begged me to keep fighting?" WTF. My son just turned three. He begged me to let him shoot arrows at my daughter. I'm basically speechless at your lack of parenting. I guess Darwin may have had it correct after all. The kids of parents who don't make them fight in a cage have a better chance of growing up, having kids of their own and ensuring the future of humanity. Not so much in your case.

*sits back with Oreos and milk. Phone Post
1/31/12 10:01 PM
Josh J

Mike Russell -  And LOL@using Facebook pages as a guage of success.

Facebook pages made by his buddy Vicky Jackson.

That's Ray for you.  He brags about the facebook pages, but doesn't mention a friend made them.  His school brags about "boxing champions", yet he doesn't mention that it was only him winning the novice golden gloves a decade ago.  He brags about "naga champions" but doesn't mention the only person to win at Naga was his son.  He brags about  making history by holding the first sanctioned MMA event, but doesn't mention that it was an amateur only card and that half of the advertised fights didn't even happen.  He doesn't mention that he had people on the card who had hardly ever even trained.  He brags about his school having "mma champions" but doesn't mention it was his students, in his organization, in fights where he chose the opponant for his students.   He brags about how he advised his students not to fight illegally, but doesn't mention that he cornered his students while they fought illegally, in shows he promoted.  He brags about putting on a "wrestling clinic" in his fight with Dmac, but doesn't mention that he doesn't know jack shit about wrestling.

He's pretty damn consistent, I'll give him that.
1/31/12 11:12 PM
Mike Russell

gorillagrappling -  Wow. Just wow. Just when you think the ALUG is dead and gone; leave it to good ole Ray Echols to pull a Lloyd Christmas. Thanks buddy. You will affect history, that's for certain. You will have single handedly brought this forum back from the ashes and made it great once more. But that's about it.

Where do I start? I saw you on the news. Solid performance. Did you get that outfit back to Matt Hardy yet or is he going to let you wear it to your arraignment? WTF were you thinking, sir? If you want people to take you seriously, you have to stop dressing like a 17 year old. And you need to learn how to properly enunciate. Here's a good place to start. http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/speakforsuccesscourse/a/speechlesson1.htm

Now that we have that out of the way. Who's pistol did you oil to get a license to promote MMA? I knew Alabama was f'd up but I was unaware that one could secure said license at the local bait and tackle.

"My son begged me to keep fighting?" WTF. My son just turned three. He begged me to let him shoot arrows at my daughter. I'm basically speechless at your lack of parenting. I guess Darwin may have had it correct after all. The kids of parents who don't make them fight in a cage have a better chance of growing up, having kids of their own and ensuring the future of humanity. Not so much in your case.

*sits back with Oreos and milk. Phone Post

My 14-year-old son begged me to drive my car, so I figured I'd let him at one of my underground street racing events. We bought a bubble machine and some Christmas lights for the race. I'm now the F-1 of street racing in Canada.
2/1/12 8:53 AM
Stranglehold26

My 7 year old son is begging me to let him drive my motorcycle. Guess I'll let him do it...I mean, what's the worst that could happen? He wrecks and has to get staples in his head to fix the gash?

Ray, you are a dumbass bum fighter sir.
2/1/12 10:12 AM
Matt Ward
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stranglehold26 - My 7 year old son is begging me to let him drive my motorcycle. Guess I'll let him do it...I mean, what's the worst that could happen? He wrecks and has to get staples in his head to fix the gash?

Ray, you are a dumbass bum fighter sir.
You can let him play chicken with another 7 year old on a motorcycle and call it practice driving, and it will be ok. Phone Post
2/1/12 10:17 AM
Stranglehold26

he was just "practicing" with a friend officer!! We are talkin about practice here....you all are making a big deal out of practice? Come on man, this is practice!
2/1/12 3:54 PM
AXC Ray

This forum is so much fun watching yall call me names i love it keep it up yall are making me famous im winning and im making money at the same time got to love it. Come on guys yall can do better than that lets see your best shot except Matt ive seen yours right before you picked yourself up off my canvis in my boxing ring twice (brush my shoulder off) haha and Gorilla guy what is your name i hope its not David cause if it is you better stay out of this lol.
2/1/12 4:21 PM
Josh J

Edited: 02/01/12 4:23 PM
Ray, Matt slipped on your slimy ass ring floor.   I have the video and it is VERY obviously a slip.  Even your own guys were complaining about the slimy floor in your ring.  One of the times you hadn't even thrown a punch when he fell.  Once again, bragging about BS while leaving out most of the story.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of your guys hit the floor in your ring while we were visiting.  I'm guessing you are willing to call those slips though huh?

I also remember Daniel making you look stupid, like you've never trained a day in your life.  I have it on video if anyone wants to see it.  I remember ray dropping excuses like crazy.  "Oh.. my rib is injured" and "Oh...I'm just soooo out of shape".  He beat you bad enough when you were just kickboxing (minus knees of course because of your poor ribs), but he beat you 3 times in 3 mintues when you started doing MMA.  I would have been embarassed.   I never posted the videos because I didn't want to be disrespectful, I don't mind now.  I will see about getting them uploaded.
2/1/12 4:35 PM
AXC Ray

Cool i got the same one lol. I love you guys.I finally got that ring cover dry lmao.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.