UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Anyone have GRE advice?

1/29/12 11:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Currently studying for the GRE and am still rusty in math as I haven't used it in awhile. Looking to take the test early March. I'm trying to remember/re-memorize different properties and such, but it seems that when I do practice quizzes and things online, everything goes out the window and I scramble due to the time. Anyone have some practical studying tips? I hope that with time/practice I'll calm down, but am also trying to make deadlines and can't afford to take it again/push my date back.
2/27/12 2:23 PM
PJ Dive
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you confident with the verbal portion?
3/9/12 6:38 PM
P.V.Jena

Incidentally, I took my GRE back in the day in 2005. Got 800 on the math section, but every practice test before that was a clusterfuck of scrambling to finish and I didn't get over 700 in any of them.

Practice, caffeine pill, Adderall, nerves of steel and you're good to go.
3/12/12 12:59 PM
PJ Dive

Great advice there. I think that's how I got through it as well.

Took the test three times, never got a high enough score to get into grad school, but somehow I actually got into grad school.
3/19/12 12:24 AM
Henacee

i personally struggled with the writing part. when you sign up for the GRE they send you study material. there is always other supplemental material you could buy and you could also get a tutor.

in terms of actually studying try to recreate the scenario as best as possible. sitting in a blank room and taking a test for a few hours is pretty brutal. dont get caught up on one question for a long time. isn't it that if you get the questions right they get progressively more difficult and if you miss some they get easier? in which case if you feel you are struggling you are probably doing ok so just dont panic

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.