UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Advice on Darce Choke

2/1/12 2:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJBJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S372QL2LX3U

Here's one of my matches from the Gracie Nationals, I locked up a Darce choke and fell to bottom of side control, while still holding onto the choke. Any advice on how I could have finished the choke?
2/3/12 1:54 PM
onyx2002
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you look at 1:08 to 1:09 of the video you will notice his right arm pop out. At that point you lost the darce. It's like a standard guillotine but if the guy passes to the side opposite the head there is no more choke.

It you are going for the falling darce you have to use your legs and torso to keep his arm pinned on the inside in standard darce position.
2/3/12 3:38 PM
Royce Nelson
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/12 3:39 PM
You need to make sure that the arm that is against their neck is super tight. if they start to underhook you with the arm you need to sprawl out on it. also make sure when you grab your bicep try reaching all the way for your tricep and it will slide down to your bicep, if that makes sense.
2/8/12 8:24 PM
mrgoodarmbar
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce Nelson - You need to make sure that the arm that is against their neck is super tight. if they start to underhook you with the arm you need to sprawl out on it. also make sure when you grab your bicep try reaching all the way for your tricep and it will slide down to your bicep, if that makes sense.

Yeah... you really want to be driving his arm into his neck. Tough to do when he's on all 4s. You should use the arm that goes behind his head to bend his head down and roll him onto his side.

If his arm is really escaping and you can't sprawl and recapture, you stand a good chance of switching to anaconda and moving north/south... Even if you don't get the anaconda, you'll still have decent control of him to follow on with other things (eg arm in guillotine) and it's stop him from getting top position with that under hook.
2/17/12 12:50 PM
Drew Foster
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should help. You need to drop them onto their hip and clock in to finish.

Jeff Glover explains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3I0Vq61wI4

5/20/12 7:38 PM
strikknucklez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glits Phone Post
5/31/12 2:50 AM
elgringo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey BJBJJ, the darce is my favorite move, come by my academy in Burbank and I will show you

www.forcebalancebjj.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.