UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Antonio McKee: Pavelich could give a s--- if I die

2/1/12 10:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

When Antonio McKee missed weight by seven pounds this weekend for a defense of his MFC Lightweight title, President Mark Pavelich decided on the spot to fire him, after the fight. McKee won a decision in the now non-title catchweight bout, and was fired and stripped of his title.

“I was thoroughly disgusted by the lack of professionalism that Antonio McKee showed towards the belt he was scheduled to defend as well as the Maximum Fighting Championship as an organization,” said Pavelich later.

“It was unacceptable behavior for a champion to demonstrate," Pavelich continued. "On top of that, Antonio never really apologized for missing weight that badly. That was the end of things for him with the MFC. That’s why he was stripped of his belt immediately and told that he would never fight in the MFC again. I hope it’s a message to all the other fighters in the MFC.”

McKee tells a radically different story.

“(Pavelich) knew I wasn’t going to make weight before the fight because I told him I wasn’t going to make weight. I was sick. I had f------ kidney issues. My stomach was messed up. They already knew that,” McKee told Sherdog.com on Wednesday.

“I called Brian Cobb and told him that I wasn’t going to make weight and that he wouldn’t be fighting for the title ... He stepped on the scale first, and he was a half-pound over. (before the weigh in) I stepped on the scale and weighed 159.8 pounds. I started rehydrating, because my organs were starting to give me issues, and I weighed in at 162.”

“If you look at my history, I’ve always made weight. My body composition was a little off this time, and I miscalculated by five pounds. I apologized to HDNet. They have it on tape. I apologized to Mark Pavelich. And then I said I didn’t care for the way Mark Pavelich handled this, and I wouldn’t be surprised if HDNet cut him within the next year.”

“(Pavelich) was lying. He put out all this stuff about how I didn’t make weight and he was hitting me over the head for 20 percent of my purse, but what he never said was that Brian Cobb didn’t make weight. When I got my attorney involved, they retracted all of that stuff and said that Cobb didn’t make weight.

“The problem is that Mark Pavelich doesn’t have anyone who can beat me, and it costs him a lot of money to bring in guys to fight me. That’s the real reason why I’m not in the MFC, because he can’t afford me anymore."

“I still came as a warrior and champion and gave them one of the best fights I’ve ever had in the MFC. At the end of the day, it’s about my health and well-being. Mark Pavelich could give a s--- if I die, or my kidneys shut down, or I need a new liver. He could give less than a rat’s ass.”

Read entire article...

2/1/12 10:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bo Bice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's news here? Everyone pretty much knows Pavs a shitty person. Phone Post
2/1/12 10:55 PM
chesty_1775

Pavelich could give a s--- if I die

and most other people as well..thats what happens when youre a race baiting tool
2/1/12 11:07 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 Everything mentioned here I mentioned last Thursday/Friday. Just sayin...
2/1/12 11:09 PM
Authority Figure

chesty_1775 -  Pavelich could give a s--- if I die

and most other people as well..thats what happens when youre a race baiting tool

Sounds like you're race baiting right now.

1. It's obvious that Pav has a bad rep.
2. It's obvious that Antonio has been outspoken about how Blk ppl are treated in some MMA promotions.
3. He usually makes weight.
4. They were having trouble finding someone to beat him.
5. Which means they were stuck with an outspoken champion.
6. They found a weak excuse to cut him.

In this instance maybe all Antonio's suspicions were confirmed. I doubt very seriously, that if a UFC champion called ahead of time and said "hey I'm having issues w/ my kidneys, I won't make weight" that they would be cut. Esp, if they had been winning.

That would be like firing one of you from your job because you were late for one important meeting because you were sick, after having been on time and prepared to a dozen beforehand.
2/1/12 11:42 PM
MMAKingdom

Its hard not to love both Pav and McKee...Its a shame it came to this in my opinion.
2/1/12 11:45 PM
MMAKingdom

The Last Samurai - 
“The problem is that Mark Pavelich doesn’t have anyone who can beat me, and it costs him a lot of money to bring in guys to fight me. That’s the real reason why I’m not in the MFC, because he can’t afford me anymore."

lol but you sure got beat by a UFC gatekeeper

He really did not lose that fight, but even if he did, there is no shame. The UFC is where the best in the world fight. McKee was screwed by the UFC then and most people know it. For some reason alot of white people do not like McKee and it shows in most people's responses to him.
2/1/12 11:51 PM
JDSFTW

Couldn't, not could. Phone Post
2/2/12 12:45 AM
BshMstr
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAKingdom - 
The Last Samurai - 

lol but you sure got beat by a UFC gatekeeper

He really did not lose that fight, but even if he did, there is no shame. The UFC is where the best in the world fight. McKee was screwed by the UFC then and most people know it. For some reason alot of white people do not like McKee and it shows in most people's responses to him.

McKee's shot in the UFC was one of the most boring fights i've ever seen, after he spent a lot of time talking smack about it ahead of time....
2/2/12 12:59 AM
StretchPlum

"For some reason alot of white people do not like McKee and it shows in most people's responses to him."

Bullshit. He's such a boring non-entity no one thinks or cares at all about him. Maybe a minor league groupie here or there...He doesn't exist.
2/2/12 2:13 AM
FRAZTV
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAKingdom - Its hard not to love both Pav and McKee...

No.

It isn't.
2/2/12 2:32 AM
Bo Bice

Pav is trash Phone Post
2/2/12 2:36 AM
Motivated Penn
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"could give a shit"

What's happened to this language? "could give a shit" doesn't even make any sense.
2/2/12 2:44 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McKee was most likely released because he is very boring to watch, unlikeable and does stupid shit like play the race card and bite people whenever he is challenged.

I think Pav just needed an excuse to get rid of him. Missing weight sufficed. Phone Post
2/2/12 2:50 AM
4pdboxing
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - "could give a shit"

What's happened to this language? "could give a shit" doesn't even make any sense.

Sad, but true.
2/2/12 3:06 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StretchPlum - "For some reason alot of white people do not like McKee and it shows in most people's responses to him."

I could care less if a fighter is purple. perform and entertain and plenty of promoters will want you
2/2/12 6:42 AM
Bootsy Collins
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah the old 'couldn't care less' vs 'could care less' debate.
1000 replies easy
2/2/12 7:58 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The stories i heard about Pavia are quit bad. I personally think there will be at least a grain of truth in them but nonetheless their all hearsay.

As for McKee,even though he has a moderate amount of talent his style is not to exciting.If you combine that with a personality that might say some valid things but for seemingly completely the wrong reasons (i always get the feeling that McKee only begins about racism when his interest are directly involved) you do not get the most exciting prospect to be the poster boy for a smallish organization.

In the end,even though there always to sides to a story,he should have made sure he made weight. He know he was liable to be dropped so he should have got his game together. It is unfortunate but it seems that unfortunate always seem to follow mister McKee around.
2/2/12 7:59 AM
Bootsy Collins
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder - The stories i heard about Pavia are quit bad. .

Wrong douche
2/2/12 8:00 AM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Antonio McKee: Nobody would give a s--- if I die

2/2/12 8:01 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry about that,meant Pavelich....the other one is doing something spectacularly ''ambitious'' in India right. Anyways thx for the correction.
2/2/12 8:16 AM
fiercedragon

I would tend to believe mckee. He hasn't had a history of not making weight and there is a huge double standard among fighters as far as complexion is concerned... Phone Post
2/2/12 8:19 AM
Willy Navarro

Pavelich has always been known to have "GOD" syndrome. I wouldnt doubt for 1 second what Antonio is saying to be the truth. And I wouldnt doubt that the reason Antonio got released was possibly because he wanted a ridiculous apology from Antonio, possibly in public and it wasnt given. Not a regular appology, but a dramatic one putting pavelich on a pedastal where he believes he belongs. Follow this guy on Twitter and facebook if you dont know what im talking about. You'll see its only going to take you 1 week before you delete him. Pulls his own chain all day long! No matter how many hotdogs Mark Pavelich sells im sure he couldnt afford McKee anymore. Best of luck to Antonio.
2/2/12 8:22 AM
chesty_1775

Authority Figure - 
chesty_1775 -  Pavelich could give a s--- if I die

Sounds like you're race baiting right now....LOL..NO..YOU ARE....SEE HOW EASY THAT WORLS YOU FUCKING IDIOT...

1. It's obvious that Pav has a bad rep....so does Mckee
2. It's obvious that Antonio has been outspoken about how Blk ppl are treated in some MMA promotions...he`s a fucking idiot with his ignorant cop out race baiting racist ways
3. He usually makes weight....but he didnt come close this time
4. They were having trouble finding someone to beat him......not in the UFC they didnt
5. Which means they were stuck with an outspoken champion.....more like a loud mouth goon
6. They found a weak excuse to cut him...they didn what was best for the company,why wouldnt they

In this instance maybe all Antonio's suspicions were confirmed. I doubt very seriously, that if a UFC champion called ahead of time and said "hey I'm having issues w/ my kidneys, I won't make weight" that they would be cut. Esp, if they had been winning.

That would be like firing one of you from your job because you were late for one important meeting because you were sick, after having been on time and prepared to a dozen beforehand...MCKEE is full of shit with his bogus story.....8 hours till the fight and no word of it..now all the sudden this..only a fool would believe it..

2/2/12 8:49 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pavelich is a douchebag, but this is on McKee.

If you are cutting weight so extremely that your organs are shutting down, that is on you. It's the same thing excuse Anthony Johnson used before his fight with Vitor. The reason he got sick is because he was was cutting a dangerous amount of weight. If you can't make the cut without getting sick, then you are in the wrong weight class.

Guys like McKee and Rumble should sit down and have a long talk with Daniel Cormier the long-term consequences of weight cutting. They are seriously jeopardizing their quality of life by cutting so much weight. It's not worth it, especially when you are getting paid peanuts in the minor leagues. Both of those guys are more than capable of holding their own in a heavier weight class outside the UFC. McKee would whoop 90% of the WWs outside the UFC and Rumble would do the same versus LHWs outside the UFC. Risking their long-term health for a few thousand bucks is retarded.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.