UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> traffic tickets not being entered into database?

2/2/12 3:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Carter
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I received two tickets in two weeks due to my front plate being removed. both were at "surprise, you can't escape" road blocks at the same location about 6-8 weeks ago.

Well, I tried paying thme on-line and they have not been entered into the system. I go to the ecokua on-line records and search for my name and they didn't show up there either.

A few days ago, I get a speeding ticket and that has yet to be entered into the database.

Is there a backlog of tickets that need to be entered that anyone is aware of? Maybe oradblock officers don't give a fuck and threw thme away?

Usually, my tickets are entered within a day or two.

2/2/12 3:36 AM
Jack Carter
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pay Your Hawaii Traffic Ticket Online

You can pay your traffic ticket online using the eTraffic Hawaii system, as long as:

• It’s been fewer than 21 days since you received the ticket.
  • You’re not charged with a “traffic crime” that requires a court appearance, or your ticket doesn’t state you must appear in court.
  • You haven’t already appeared in court and been ordered to pay.
  • The officer has entered the citation into the system. They have 10 days to do so, and it can take up to 13 days to appear
  • You have your citation number. Check Lost HI Traffic Ticket if you’ve misplaced your citation.
2/2/12 3:36 AM
Jack Carter

The officer has 10 days to enter it into the system

What if he fails to do so?
2/2/12 3:48 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/02/12 3:48 AM
 tough shit jack. you gonna have to just keep checking. had a friend who couldnt make the ticket payments cause they werent in the system then BAM. he got a warrant for not paying that same fucking ticket that he couldnt pay. the judge dropped the ticket but seemed like hell over their fuck up. maybe more to the story, maybe not.  

it was MONTHS that the ticket wasnt entered btw, MONTHS
2/2/12 4:20 AM
FCTV808
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rip june carter jack carter
2/2/12 4:35 AM
TheAlchemist
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimmynaks will be knocking on your door soon. 

2/2/12 4:40 AM
JIMMYNAKS
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCTV808 - rip june carter jack carter
LOL Phone Post
2/2/12 4:46 AM
JIMMYNAKS
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to say the Officer most likely turned in the tags at the end of his shift and the backlog is with the Courts or TVB.

I'd say keep checking. And if you do pay for it, keep the receipt with you or in your car.
I've heard horror stories of misunderstandings between what happened and what's on the computer.

Good luck. Phone Post
2/2/12 3:55 PM
Moke
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I know is on the 25th of this month there were soooooo many cops and speed traps EVERYWHERE that it was like comedy. Like a tragic comedy starring Benny Hill.
2/2/12 4:32 PM
Jack Carter

Edited: 02/02/12 4:32 PM
Moke - All I know is on the 25th of this month there were soooooo many cops and speed traps EVERYWHERE that it was like comedy. Like a tragic comedy starring Benny Hill.

Thats when I got my speeding ticket.

That same day I drove up to Wahiawa and there were about 8 motor cops going off pulling people over left and right.

December they set up road blocks giving people tickets for naything they possibly can.

I guess the state is really in need of funds.

2/2/12 6:18 PM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you don't want to contest the tickets and just pay it but DON'T want to wait. You have to take the ticket and cash to the traffic violations bureau (Tvb). In the last four years of cut backs all the clerks who were contract hire data entry i.e. entered the tickets list their jobs. So yes, it is backlogged.

As for warrant being issues for parking tickets, usually not. If a Parking ticket is not paid or contested it automatically a decision in favor of the state and a letter for default is sent to the ro vehicle address. After a certain time period has passed without payment it is sent to collection agency only after payment is not received.

For moving violations that are given to you by a sheriff/police. You can pay it or contest it. If you want to pay, again take the ticket and cash to the respective court. If you want to contest it, you can take it to court and request a date or send in a written request via certified mail.

This has been a jjmtg / HG, "how to / what to do" service announcement Phone Post
2/2/12 6:28 PM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yeah, failure to contest a moving violation or go to court will result in a bench warrant being issued.

just a reminder to all drivers, your legislators in their infinite wisdom passed a law a couple years back that mandated all traffic violations to remain on your record for life. Before, after 3 years of no tickets, your traffic record was cleared. Not anymore. LIFE, now. No removal of the traffic violation for life. That is all. Phone Post
2/2/12 7:52 PM
Moke
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

W

T

F?!?!?!?!
2/2/12 8:13 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Why you worried? Shit like this won't matter after the flood Phone Post
2/2/12 8:27 PM
Jack Carter

I went to the court house in wahiawa to pay. Lady scanned then and said "oh, they're not in the system yet."

I said, "it's been over a month for one of them" and age said I still have time to mail in the payment. Non moving violations allow 45 days. Phone Post
2/2/12 8:29 PM
Jack Carter

Government sucks!!!!!!!!

As citizens, we better file, pay, whatever on time or else!!!!!

But them? Eh, whenever they get to it. Phone Post
2/2/12 8:30 PM
Jack Carter

JIMMYNAKS - Why you worried? Shit like this won't matter after the flood Phone Post
Don't want anything submitted to collections. I'm working on fixing my credit. Phone Post
2/2/12 8:37 PM
Moke

Yes, collectors will be here after the flood. That's what they hire zombies for.
2/2/12 10:13 PM
jjmtg

http://archives.starbulletin.com/content/20100424_stationary_violations

Stationary violations
By June Watanabe

POSTED: Saturday, April 24, 2010

Question: I have a co-worker who told me how much her car insurance rates have gone up. She drives this big SUV, and while backing out of a parking stall, she hit the rear corner of another car. She said she didn't even feel the impact, so she left. But somebody called the police to report a hit-and-run, and when she got home, the police were waiting for her. She apparently caused $500 damage to the other car. She got a citation and a court date. Before she went to court, a friend told her to plead "no contest" because if she pleaded guilty it would go on her traffic record. If she pleads "no contest," she will only pay a fine, and it won't go on her record. Is this true? How long does a violation stay on one's record, anyway? Is it three years or five years or longer? Or does it depend on the violation?

Answer: It doesn't matter what your friend pleads and what the outcome is. The incident will appear on her traffic abstract for an indefinite time, with no set limit for removal.

Under Section 287-3 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes, a certified traffic abstract is required to show "all alleged moving violations and any convictions resulting therefrom."

Parking and equipment violations do not appear on the traffic abstract, so it is sometimes called an "abbreviated" abstract, noted Marsha Kitagawa, spokeswoman for the Hawaii state Judiciary.

"Alleged moving violations" include traffic infractions and traffic crimes, she said, as well as administrative driver's license revocation cases.

Kitagawa said the following information will be shown on the abbreviated abstract: charge code and description; date of violation; plea (e.g., admit, deny, etc.); disposition (e.g., judgment for state, default judgment, dismissal, etc.).

For now all moving violations will be kept indefinitely in the Judiciary's database.

"The statute does not contain a limitation on time, so the Judiciary is reporting all such information in its active database," Kitagawa said.

LIFE!!!
2/3/12 2:38 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjmtg, hypotheticaly speaking that is, is there any "way" to remove those violations that may or may not be on someones record?? *cough cough ahem* as in *cough $500 cough cough* a hypothetical *cough pay you cough* situation where the records *cough disapear cough overwritten cough cough* 

I have heard things like that happen them damn bastards *cough seriously cough* 

a wise old slut once told me " you never know if you could have fucked her unless you ask, closed mouths dont get head.. ... ... er i mean fed."

j/k :)
2/3/12 4:05 AM
jjmtg

sufferingsuckatash -  jjmtg, hypotheticaly speaking that is, is there any "way" to remove those violations that may or may not be on someones record?? *cough cough ahem* as in *cough $500 cough cough* a hypothetical *cough pay you cough* situation where the records *cough disapear cough overwritten cough cough* 

I have heard things like that happen them damn bastards *cough seriously cough* 

a wise old slut once told me " you never know if you could have fucked her unless you ask, closed mouths dont get head.. ... ... er i mean fed."

j/k :)

Well, remember I did not get into law school but if you want the non-law school grad version. Short answer maybe.

First I would get yourself a brand new traffic abstract and see what the insurance company sees when they try to give you a rate.

Next, take all the cases on the abstract that is on the record and see which ones you "pled" guilty to or were found guilty by reason of default.

Then file a Motion to Reconsider Sentence that is on the transcript and in your declaration pull a shaggy, "Saying it was not me!" Who did this traffic crime.

If some Judge approves of the Motion to Reconsider Sentence, then make up some excuse, i.e. "I was not even in Hawaii I was in ......" , "Someone stole my ID information and I have been cleaning up my record here and ......."

Whatever and cross your fingers the cop who cited you, quit, got arrested or moved out of state.
I
2/3/12 4:11 AM
sufferingsuckatash

thankyou, i give you this portrait of jimmy and me for your compensation

2/3/12 4:20 AM
JIMMYNAKS

I remember that pic. Before I got fat and you left me. No hard feelings.

And to answer your question, there is absolutely NO corruption in the City and County or State. Non.

No matter how many news stories come out that say otherwise. Phone Post
2/13/12 1:16 PM
Jack Carter

February 13th

Court House.

Teller says they're still entered. She checks with the Waianae court house and they have the tickets but still not entered.

Teller says shell enter them right now. Waiting............. Hurry up! Why is government so inefficient?!

What a crock of shit. Phone Post
2/13/12 1:17 PM
Jack Carter

*still not entered that is Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.