UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> UFC fan expo July in Vegas

2/2/12 6:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gage949
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is it? I've never been and will be going to this one come July and want to know what to expect.

Tips?
Advice?

Is the VIP ticket worth the $250 there asking for? Phone Post
2/2/12 10:28 PM
Doctor Kenneth Noisewater
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to the one in Boston.. I bought a VIP ticket.. Forgot how much it was then but totally worth it.. Early admission both days, had my pick I autograph lines and any limited edition merch..also saw fighters coming in and met a few that way too... Just be prepared to wait in line once the doors open to everyone! Phone Post
2/2/12 11:18 PM
Malcolmdogg
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got the $250 ViP in T.O., well worth the extra $$$. Getting in an hour early was a bonus, so you could start a lineup to one of the higher profile fighters. A huge factor at play here, is getting your hands on a fighter appearance schedule and planning your day/ time accordingly. Phone Post
2/3/12 12:29 AM
ThirdJackson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knowing the schedule is very important. Almost everyone lines up for the same guys, Chuck, Anderson, Wanderlei etc. For them you're looking at an hour wait easy. I prefer lining up for less popular guys. You'll be able to meet way more fighters like that and I've always found there is a lot more time to interact with them. Pretty much a 3-1 ratio. Phone Post
2/3/12 2:01 AM
gage949
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are the lines all for a single guy or is it a few guys per line?

Shogun's number 1 on my list. How are his lines? Phone Post
2/3/12 2:29 AM
Malcolmdogg
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gage949 - Are the lines all for a single guy or is it a few guys per line?

Shogun's number 1 on my list. How are his lines? Phone Post
Their were single lines for multiple fighters, (ie. Liddell and Condit ) but unless you were in line early, you might be shit out of luck. These lines were always the longest, and also the fighters are only at these stations for 2-3 hours tops. You will tend to run Into a few fighters walking amongst the crowds too. Phone Post
2/3/12 8:03 AM
ThirdJackson

The UFC sponsored signings usually have two guys signing at once. One big name and one smaller name usually. Those lines get LONG. Everytime I've seen Shogun signing he's by himself at one of his sponsors booths. Above poster is correct as well about random fighters walking around during the expo. A lot of them are TUF alums that go unnoticed. Phone Post
2/3/12 10:35 AM
fightpimp

Most of the big names book with multiple sponsors (and are at the ufc auto table as well) so you usually have 2 or 3 chances at each fighter on any given day. Vegas is a zoo. Boston wasn't that bad. Toronto was a cluster.
2/3/12 1:13 PM
Doctor Kenneth Noisewater
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone here speaks the truth!! Pack food and drink with you too.. I stashed a few bottles of water and protein bars in my pack.. I saved time not waiting in food lines and managed to get through lines for a few more of my favs.. Phone Post
2/3/12 2:21 PM
fightpimp

Doctor Kenneth Noisewater -  Pack food and drink with you too.. I stashed a few bottles of water and protein bars in my pack.. I saved time not waiting in food lines and managed to get through lines for a few more of my favs.. Phone Post
This is the best advice yet!
Also bring backup sharpies with you wherever you are in case you "unexpectedly" find yourself face to face with one of the fighters.
GO TO THE BATHROOM BEFORE YOU GET IN ANY LINE!!! or wait in line with a "buddy" so you can take turns getting food or bathroom breaks.

2/3/12 7:17 PM
bigbubbano

bring your backpack and pack light but fill the pack, dont bring a ton of magazines or your back is gonna kill. i made that mistake once. they will be handing out sponser tote bags for all te stuff you buy while there. bring stuff that can be signed by anyone, not fighter specific unless its something cool. prepare to wait, i waited 3 hours to meet anderson silva and i was like 20 people back from the front. the wait was because i got there early, because they do cut off lines when they get to big which dosnt take long.
2/4/12 3:12 AM
ThirdJackson

Ya bringing your own sharpies is a good idea, but make sure you get them back after a signing. Wanderlei stole my black and Carlos Newton is the proud owner of my silver. Phone Post
2/4/12 4:32 AM
shatteredsoul14
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it'd be smart to take note of the floor plan as well. It took me a half a day to figure that out at the toronto expo. I was pretty overwhelmed at first. Once you figure out the lay of the land, you're good.

A smart move is to take note of the smaller sponsor signings with the bigger names. Get there a few minutes early for those and you are probably good to go. Sometimes it works to check those out at the very end of the fighters auto session too.
2/6/12 10:04 PM
Sofa King Cool
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool. I went to the one in Houston and met most fighters just walking around. Phone Post
2/6/12 10:52 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just bought my vip ticket to the expo. it will be my second and can't wait. I am hopeful to knock off most of the guys i still need on gloves and continue to get my ufc encyclopedia signed.
2/6/12 11:46 PM
gage949

Ritchie where we're u sitting at 143 this weekend?

Ill be at the expo as well and hopefully win tickets to the fight that weekend again haha I think it'll be Dos Santos vs Overeem! Phone Post
2/7/12 12:38 AM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Section 109.

I doubt they will tweet tickets to that event, I think they only do that when the event does not sell out and the events with expos always sell out, but you never know i guess.

I just bought my vip ticket for $200, if you but them early you can save some money.

my advice and tips would be the same as others have said. Be very prepared of who will be there, what time and where. The more popular fighters have their lines start hours before the signings begin and get cut most of the time. get a game plan of who you really want. Eat a good breakfast and bring some snacks if you plan on staying for the full expo and not take time off to eat. there are also tons of fighters just walking around, if you know what older, retired or less well known fighters look like you can get a lot of autographs without waiting in lines.

2/7/12 3:18 AM
gage949

I sat there two. I was the big guy in the white short sleeve button up.

I'm excited to see who'll all be at the expo.
Did Cro cop go to any past expos? Phone Post
2/7/12 7:54 AM
RitchieGreaser

Me and my wife were sitting at the very top left hand part of the section. Tall white guy in Black Tee shirt.

No I don't so. There are so many people there, you'll see so many people from past and present from Kimo and Ricco Rodriguez to Eddie Bravo and everyone in between.
2/7/12 10:52 AM
Sofa King Cool
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is fighting on the July card? Phone Post
2/7/12 11:17 AM
gage949

Sofa King Cool - Who is fighting on the July card? Phone Post
Around that time it'll either be:
Dos Santos vs Overeem
Or
GSP vs Condit

Faber and Cruz should be fighting around that time two. Hopefully a double headliner with any combo of the mentioned guys since they always try to go big for summer cards with the expo as well. Phone Post
2/7/12 12:00 PM
aznbala

Went to the second Vegas expo. Amazing, bought the VIP and worth every penny. Don't forget there will be other signings in Vegas a few days before the expo as well.

It will be a zoo. Make sure you eat well before you go, bring snacks and water. Folding stool is a good idea too depending on if you can stand for long periods of time.

With the VIP pass, you get in an hour early so you can get in line for the UFC/Pride/WEC/Strikeforce official lines which have had one good fighter and one smaller named one. Those lines get crazy. Most fighters do sign at the sponser booths as well.

No Cro Cop at any of the expos.
2/7/12 1:27 PM
RitchieGreaser

not only do vip get in early but this is the first time that I have seen them put together an autograph session just for the vips from 9-10.

so you can get some early autographs, buy whatever limited edition stuff they are selling and get in line for the bigger names before the rest of the people get in. really good deal.
2/11/12 3:25 PM
jamesrudy380
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bought the vip expo tix today and booked the trip to Mandalay Bay July 4th-9th. I cant wait. They said its gonna be Faber vs. Cruz III
2/12/12 6:01 PM
kingbisping

on the very last hour of the last day the merchandise stalls slash the prices drastically Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.