UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> all ronda rouseys pro fights here(+ some judo!)

3/9/12 10:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stevestevens38
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SeanReed - One thing to remember, Japanese Judo is way way better than US judo, so an Olympic bronze medal is really an achievement.

At the Hayastan/Chivichya camp she is now getting the best submission instruction, and Gokors' students have also been very good at translating Judo to Gi-less applications.

She also trained extensively under Jimmy Pedro(2 Olympic Bronze medals and also a world champion) who is widely considered the best Judo ground guy in the U.S.
3/9/12 11:31 AM
Nitecrawler
1828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love me some Honda Housey :)
3/9/12 7:35 PM
shootfightermike
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

same^
4/27/12 10:16 PM
shootfightermike
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/9/12 12:19 AM
shootfightermike

ttt
8/9/12 12:36 AM
mclay
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
8/9/12 3:29 AM
Bromovich
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub, Thanks! Phone Post
8/9/12 3:38 AM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks!
8/9/12 4:17 AM
junon
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevestevens38 - 
SeanReed - One thing to remember, Japanese Judo is way way better than US judo, so an Olympic bronze medal is really an achievement.

At the Hayastan/Chivichya camp she is now getting the best submission instruction, and Gokors' students have also been very good at translating Judo to Gi-less applications.

She also trained extensively under Jimmy Pedro(2 Olympic Bronze medals and also a world champion) who is widely considered the best Judo ground guy in the U.S.

I thought Swain was.
8/9/12 6:06 AM
AussieMayhem
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
8/9/12 6:56 AM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later. Thanks man! Phone Post
8/9/12 11:25 AM
shootfightermike

i aims 2 please
8/9/12 1:41 PM
MagSlim

Can somebody put a link up that explains how a judo match is scored?

I get the ippons and all but the points are a mystery, sort of. And I know they can only attack the elbow choke but it looks like she won by an arm triangle in one of those vids, but no one ever goes for an rnc so what all chokes are allowed?
8/9/12 1:45 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subd. Thanks SFM Phone Post
8/9/12 1:56 PM
GroundStPound

Subbed Phone Post
8/9/12 4:10 PM
Son of Neckbone
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Buns tutorial" was misleading to the point of thievery.
8/9/12 5:23 PM
TZA
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
8/9/12 6:13 PM
Forssberg

She's ridiculously predictable. Only her opponents' lack of skill can justify her consecutive wins.
8/9/12 6:15 PM
MMA Girls
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joanne, MMA Girls
sub'ed
8/9/12 6:16 PM
ASanchez83
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MagSlim - Can somebody put a link up that explains how a judo match is scored?

I get the ippons and all but the points are a mystery, sort of. And I know they can only attack the elbow choke but it looks like she won by an arm triangle in one of those vids, but no one ever goes for an rnc so what all chokes are allowed?

http://judoinfo.com/new/alphabetical-list/judo-competition/738-judocompetitionrules

naked chokes are allowed. kata gatame is a hold down that can be applied as a choke and can be thought of as an arm triangle. Most chokes are allowed as long as you do not apply a neck crank with it like the guillotine (which is allowed but is kind of a grey area technique because of the neck/spine issue), you can pretty much use any choke in judo. you cannot apply an rnc on your opponents face. your hand or arm must be under the chin. wind chokes are legal too. I don't think you can use the bottom ends of the lapel to choke. I am not sure about the "rape choke" either.
8/10/12 11:48 AM
MagSlim

ASanchez83 - 
MagSlim - Can somebody put a link up that explains how a judo match is scored?

http://judoinfo.com/new/alphabetical-list/judo-competition/738-judocompetitionrules

naked chokes are allowed. kata gatame is a hold down that can be applied as a choke and can be thought of as an arm triangle. Most chokes are allowed as long as you do not apply a neck crank with it like the guillotine (which is allowed but is kind of a grey area technique because of the neck/spine issue), you can pretty much use any choke in judo. you cannot apply an rnc on your opponents face. your hand or arm must be under the chin. wind chokes are legal too. I don't think you can use the bottom ends of the lapel to choke. I am not sure about the "rape choke" either.

Thanks
8/10/12 7:35 PM
shootfightermike

MMA Girls - sub'ed

yay
8/17/12 10:05 PM
shootfightermike

8/18/12 10:33 PM
shootfightermike

Can't See This E-mail? Click Here

Ronda Rousey Returns Tomorrow Night On Showtime
Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey defends the title against former champion Sarah Kaufman, plus Jacare Souza battles Derek Brunson and Tarec Saffiedine faces off against Roger Bowling! Tomorrow night at 10pm ET/PT on Showtime

See The Prelims Live On Showtime Extreme
Before the main card starts, see the prelims on Showtime Extreme at 8pm ET/5pm PT

The Ronda Rousey Diet
The Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion dishes out her methods on staying in shape and how mixed martial arts helped her overcome her own insecurities

8/18/12 10:33 PM
shootfightermike

when that fights on you tube?^ i will post it!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.