UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> all ronda rouseys pro fights here(+ some judo!)

8/26/12 10:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sambist007
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bringing grappling back to mma, imho. Phone Post
8/27/12 12:00 AM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in the vault
8/31/12 10:49 PM
shootfightermike
699 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/12 10:51 PM
 ttt
10/6/12 6:35 PM
shootfightermike
699 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

moar!

1/14/13 1:19 AM
shootfightermike

shootfightermike - 

i wasnt sold till i actually looked at all her fights. i love miesha but rondas gonna run right thru her and probably break her arm. as a 250 lb dude? i would not fuck with her on the mat!

still

1/14/13 5:24 AM
theshooter
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just watched the video of Rhonda Rousey grappling in 2010. Love the song in it. I'd totally mark out if Rhonda Rousey used I Love Rock'n'Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts as he entrance music.
1/14/13 11:16 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - I just watched the video of Rhonda Rousey grappling in 2010. Love the song in it. I'd totally mark out if Rhonda Rousey used I Love Rock'n'Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts as he entrance music.

I prefer her current Joan Jett walkout music (Bad Reputation).

1/14/13 11:33 AM
Hillary
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man I love bully judo. I'm on the other side of the breaking arms argument, but that's because I'm a softie.
1/14/13 11:43 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hillary - Man I love bully judo. I'm on the other side of the breaking arms argument, but that's because I'm a softie.

Ronda tried playing nice early in her career, but no one would tap until she snapped their arm. 

1/18/13 9:17 PM
Hillary
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/18/13 9:20 PM
Steve4192 - 
Hillary - Man I love bully judo. I'm on the other side of the breaking arms argument, but that's because I'm a softie.

Ronda tried playing nice early in her career, but no one would tap until she snapped their arm. 

There was one controversy with one opponent, which is honestly silly justification to break everyone's arms. On a fight (or two) that she had a stubborn opponent, then I understand you've got to keep going. I'm just more of a "give them a chance to tap/don't be proud of injury" kinda softie. Can you imagine how horrible MMA would be if every fighter that ever had someone fake tap/contest stoppage only broke limbs from that point forward? We'd break every athlete out there.

I get it, and I respect her opinion. I know why, I've seen all her fights. I just said I'd have a different opinion. Then again, she's the UFC fighter and I'm the student. :)

*Edited to add a smiley face to convey a friendlier tone. I write dryly.
1/18/13 9:17 PM
Ebe5
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/18/13 10:14 PM
Steve4192

Hillary - 
Steve4192 - 

There was one controversy with one opponent, which is honestly silly justification to break everyone's arms. On a fight (or two) that she had a stubborn opponent, then I understand you've got to keep going. I'm just more of a "give them a chance to tap/don't be proud of injury" kinda softie. Can you imagine how horrible MMA would be if every fighter that ever had someone fake tap/contest stoppage only broke limbs from that point forward? We'd break every athlete out there.

I get it, and I respect her opinion. I know why, I've seen all her fights. I just said I'd have a different opinion. Then again, she's the UFC fighter and I'm the student. :)

It wasn't just one opponent.

D'Alelio was the just the first.  Budd didn't tap.  Neither did Tate.  Both of them left Ronda no choice but to snap their arms.  Ronda only breaks arms when she has to.  Sarah Kaufman walked away relatively unscathed because she showed the sportsmanship to tap once she got caught.  The other girls, when faced with the 'tap or snap' decision, chose 'snap'.

1/18/13 10:32 PM
Hillary

I was referring more to your use of "no one" than her actual actions. You'll see I wrote the same thing you did about her really not having a choice in those two situations.
1/19/13 12:30 AM
JESK
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ltr Phone Post
1/19/13 11:51 AM
ShawnTheBadger
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
Hillary - 
Steve4192 - 

It wasn't just one opponent.

D'Alelio was the just the first.  Budd didn't tap.  Neither did Tate.  Both of them left Ronda no choice but to snap their arms.  Ronda only breaks arms when she has to.  Sarah Kaufman walked away relatively unscathed because she showed the sportsmanship to tap once she got caught.  The other girls, when faced with the 'tap or snap' decision, chose 'snap'.

Struggling/resisting till you don't know you're not struggling and going to sleep from a choke I understand. No long-term effects.

However, youngsters being too tough (proud, headstrong) for their own good and letting a major joint get broken is flat-out stupid. That joint, no matter how well repaired, will never (repeat never) be the same. You can get it back to 98% if you're a young professional athlete. However, 10 or 20-years down the line, that joint will not be at 98% and the older you get the worse it gets.

Said the old man with 20/20 hindsight and lots of chronic injuries.
1/19/13 7:17 PM
shootfightermike

Edited: 02/15/13 8:27 PM

*snaps into a slim jim!*

1/20/13 3:21 AM
shootfightermike

tap or snap!

1/20/13 3:46 AM
Soul Gravy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/15/13 8:24 PM
shootfightermike

i was a super fan 1st

2/15/13 8:31 PM
rnunz
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
2/15/13 9:27 PM
UGCTT_Shope
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/15/13 11:40 PM
shootfightermike

2/15/13 11:57 PM
The Donkeypuncher
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/22/13 9:30 PM
shootfightermike

2/22/13 9:31 PM
shootfightermike

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.