UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Royce Gracie chimes in on the Diaz/Condit fight.

2/6/12 2:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TekNyc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From his twitter acct.

@nickdiaz209 won that fight in my.opinion. he is what every fighter should be a true martial artists who comes to fight. Well prepared and with a gameplan. Not one that envloves running from a fight. Why come to fight if you gonna run. Hackney was running when we fought and I had to take the fight to him, Shamrock showed up not to lose in our rematch its a shame really. I for one am proud of Nick and happy he is part of Grace Jiu-jitsu family. @NateDiaz209
2/6/12 2:59 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

Fuck yes. In before the haters, hopefully... Phone Post
2/6/12 3:08 PM
headroll
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a big Royce fan and I've always liked Nick. Nick came to finish the fight. Carlos had Jackson's game plan of staying away, striking, and then running out. I wouldn't want to strike with Diaz either. He's one of the best out there. I hope he doesn't retire. Phone Post
2/6/12 3:10 PM
DonaldCerroneTheGuyNateDiazBeat
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like he's going to go against a GJJ student
2/6/12 3:11 PM
flowwiththego
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So awesome,hopefully if anything this uplifts nicks spirits Phone Post
2/6/12 3:12 PM
lormpino
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

headroll - I'm a big Royce fan and I've always liked Nick. Nick came to finish the fight. Carlos had Jackson's game plan of staying away, striking, and then running out. I wouldn't want to strike with Diaz either. He's one of the best out there. I hope he doesn't retire. Phone Post
Yup Phone Post
2/6/12 3:13 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
983 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hes right
2/6/12 3:18 PM
MmmWhiskey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ this noob!!
2/6/12 3:22 PM
DanEzra
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce v. Greg Jackson.

Dana make it happen.
2/6/12 3:23 PM
iamjohnny

DonaldCerroneTheGuyNateDiazBeat - Like he's going to go against a GJJ student

2/6/12 3:28 PM
BillyRayChubbs
805 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool ya self - I wonder if he's proud of the way Nick cried after...

Diaz is "real" motherfuckers! If he says he's gonna retire, he's gonna retire. If he doesn't then he's a fake bitch!
You should go tell him that.

2/6/12 3:30 PM
Calhoon

MMApostle - All I heard was "Steroids"

Royce is proof that supplements can be tainted.
2/6/12 3:30 PM
Calhoon

And yes Nick won that fight.
2/6/12 3:35 PM
crowbar
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jct71 - Wow a Gracie backed Diaz? Color me shocked. He even had to crowbar himself into the story with Hackney. Really 2-0 Hackney ran from you back in 94? Tell us more irrelevant stories champ!

2/6/12 3:40 PM
orcus

Gracie sides with Gracie fighter in a fight that he thinks showed said Gracie fighter was "well prepared and with a gameplan".

Everyone listen to this man!!!
2/6/12 3:41 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The lack of mod action on this thread is a sign of just how bad this board has become.
2/6/12 3:42 PM
japetto

Hong Kong Phooey -  hes right

2/6/12 3:50 PM
Warriormmd
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jct71 - Wow a Gracie backed Diaz? Color me shocked. He even had to crowbar himself into the story with Hackney. Really 2-0 Hackney ran from you back in 94? Tell us more irrelevant stories champ!
Hahaha Phone Post
2/6/12 4:01 PM
Roidie McDouchebag

Another reason to ignore anything Royce says.
2/6/12 4:11 PM
Greenup
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roidie McDouchebag - Another reason to ignore anything Royce says.
Because he backs his fighter who just lost a controversial fight. Almost every fighter scored it for diaz so pull your head out your ass Condit ran the whole fight was diaz suppose to just run to so you would sat he won. As a fighter you think you would show more respect towards gracie Phone Post
2/6/12 4:20 PM
Nitecrawler
2028 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/12 4:23 PM
jct71 - Wow a Gracie backed Diaz? Color me shocked. He even had to crowbar himself into the story with Hackney. Really 2-0 Hackney ran from you back in 94? Tell us more irrelevant stories champ!

Easy bro, Royce has earned the right to give his $.02 on subjects such as these. Might want to tone down your post IMO.

Diaz is "real" motherfuckers! If he says he's gonna retire, he's gonna retire. If he doesn't then he's a fake bitch!

From the TOS:

4) posting on the topic of illegal drug use in anything but an educational, informative manner.
Of particular concern are attacks directed at page moderators. Of highest concern are prominent figures in the field, notably fighters. These individuals are due respect and admiration. If you must post negative comments, these must be respectful, as if you were speaking to the person in question face to face.

Might want to reread your post & the TOS and consider editing your post. Thanks.
2/6/12 4:29 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nitecrawler - 

Easy bro, Royce has earned the right to give his $.02 on subjects such as these. Might want to tone down your post IMO.

From the TOS:

4) posting on the topic of illegal drug use in anything but an educational, informative manner.
Of particular concern are attacks directed at page moderators. Of highest concern are prominent figures in the field, notably fighters. These individuals are due respect and admiration. If you must post negative comments, these must be respectful, as if you were speaking to the person in question face to face.

Might want to reread your post & the TOS and consider editing your post. Thanks.

thanks
2/6/12 4:34 PM
Roidie McDouchebag

Greenup - 
Because he backs his fighter who just lost a controversial fight. Almost every fighter scored it for diaz so pull your head out your ass Condit ran the whole fight was diaz suppose to just run to so you would sat he won. As a fighter you think you would show more respect towards gracie

Why?

I'm not bothered that he backed Diaz all that much, but the way he talks disrespectfully about Condit, who would obviously have thrashed him at any point in his career, is unfortunate. It's just another silly thing he's said to add to a long, long list.
2/6/12 4:36 PM
orcus

Nitecrawler - 
 If you must post negative comments, these must be respectful, as if you were speaking to the person in question face to face.

Oh, suddenly the mods are concerned about the TOS, but not in the five dozen threads about how Condit is a pussy, a coward, did nothing but run, should change his name to the Natural Born Runner, etc.
2/6/12 5:44 PM
SOO72
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roidie McDouchebag - 
Greenup - 
Because he backs his fighter who just lost a controversial fight. Almost every fighter scored it for diaz so pull your head out your ass Condit ran the whole fight was diaz suppose to just run to so you would sat he won. As a fighter you think you would show more respect towards gracie

Why?

I'm not bothered that he backed Diaz all that much, but the way he talks disrespectfully about Condit, who would obviously have thrashed him at any point in his career, is unfortunate. It's just another silly thing he's said to add to a long, long list.

Condit has turned out to be not of the same species as Royce. Royce was doing this from the start before guys like Condit had the luxury of watching others play the game and learning what the real dangers were. Watching now it's like "yeah that's not so bad." Back then it was like "shit, is someone going to get killed in there?"

He's earned the right to talk about MMA and other fighters in whatever capacity he sees fit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.