UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> The Sadies - Darker Circles

2/6/12 3:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/12 3:04 PM

This is a band I avoided like the plague for the past few years because in my mind I associated their sound with the big 'alt country' boom that has always bored the hell out of me. I was impressed by the album they released a while back with John Doe but it wasn't until I saw them live that it clicked: these dudes are serious players with really good songs.

This is the first cut from their new album. If you can make it through until the end it will give you an idea of their live show.

2/9/12 10:48 AM
Ali
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it. The rave-up that is what you're saying they do live is cool... I'd go see them live. I just hope I wouldn't be waiting for the "song part" to end to get to the "rave up" part. I'll check out some other songs from this record though. Or look for the one they did with John Doe.
2/9/12 12:31 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know what you mean about waiting for the 'exciting bit.' They have peaks and valleys live, different focuses that work as a whole which made for a really dynamic set. At least that was my experience.

Overall I found the record got a little weak in the middle, but there are some great tracks. This is the second cut:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.