UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Caceres: Figueroa 'milked it' on low blows

2/6/12 4:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"To be honest with you, I don't know what the hell was going on in that fight. I was pretty surprised that any of that happened. I was aware of the low blows I delivered and I have to admit, the first and second low blow did not land in his crotch. I believe he was milking it a little bit. I mean, he even admitted it a little bit, saying that the second one wasn't even a low blow, it was vibrations from the low kick that hurt his groin.

I was surprised because I never heard of a two-point deduction. Ever. Herb Dean did warn me after the first time but then again I thought it was a glancing blow, it wasn't as bad as they were making it out to seem. It's pretty disappointing, it's pretty frustrating, but the decision's made. What I can do is just get back in the gym and never throw inside leg kicks again because apparently, they're gonna milk it for all they got."

2/6/12 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol cmon man. They were direct hits on the bean bags.
2/6/12 4:07 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The 2 points was ok with me at first but pissed me off later when kos was repeatedly warned about eye pokes yet never lost a point. Phone Post
2/6/12 4:08 PM
Nexuscrawlers
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -  lol cmon man. They were direct hits on the bean bags.

yeah, and they dont exactly get easier after the first one.
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, that first kick to the balls sounded like a home run swing. Phone Post
Nexuscrawlers
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KrzyBnzJnz -  The 2 points was ok with me at first but pissed me off later when kos was repeatedly warned about eye pokes yet never lost a point. Phone Post

agreed, they need to keep it consistent.
MrBojangles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why was it a 2 point deduction?
2/6/12 4:12 PM
CaptainWoody
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KrzyBnzJnz - The 2 points was ok with me at first but pissed me off later when kos was repeatedly warned about eye pokes yet never lost a point. Phone Post

That pissed me off man...he was REPEATEDLY warned to quit extending his fingers...then Pierce got poked by it and nothing was done.... ridiculous
2/6/12 4:13 PM
jacktripper

serious question... is herb dean drug tested before fights?
2/6/12 4:17 PM
T-Ham
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edwin couldnt throw leg kicks (like the one he dropped Alex with) after the first nut shot.

For a fighter who relies heavily on MT those nut shots made Edwin fight through a lot of adversity.
2/6/12 4:17 PM
Koku_Ryuu

Young Michael Jackson can say what he want. Those were brutal low blows.....and given what they take out of a guy.....Figueroa still deserves credit for staying in the fight. Young MJ needs to learn how to finish subs.....not worry about inside leg kicks.
2/6/12 4:28 PM
Willin
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell that to Figueroa's never-to-be-born "children."
2/6/12 4:49 PM
uratoker2
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow....."I was aware of the low blows I delivered and I have to admit, the first and second low blow did not land in his crotch."

This kid comes off as an utter douchebag......
2/6/12 4:50 PM
frederic
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrBojangles - Why was it a 2 point deduction?

Herb Dean did that before in an Affliction fight where Dan Lauzon kept getting kneed in the junk and Herb gave Bobby Green a strong warning which was then followed by a two point deduction. Almost like the offending blow that earned the warning was a point if it happened again (on top of that point deduction).

No clue since they looked accidental, but low blows can make the audience restless while waiting for the recovery (here, a total of 7+ minutes) and the fighter less likely to fight well.
2/6/12 4:51 PM
goku

on twitter he posted he had a testicular contusion
2/6/12 4:52 PM
frederic
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, surprised that he denies that the first one landed on the junk when the video clearly shows that.
2/6/12 5:09 PM
the geek
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of people are saying that Caceres is being a poor sport and whinny. I talked with him at the end of he event and he was still very humble and respectful. Yes he was down, sad and upset but he wasn't being a poor sport, or throwing out slanderous comments.
We told him that we are sorry for the outcome but thank him for putting his health on the line to entertain us (we also said the same to Figueroa) and he bowed to us and thanked us.

I get him being upset and waning to challenge this, it's his livelihood and as he said, he worked hard to build his record.

Having said that he did land 2 nut shots and there are repercussions for that, I just think it should have been 1 point. If Herb thought it was so deliberate that it warranted a 2 point deduction he should have disqualified him.

Just my opinion.
2/6/12 5:16 PM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One was the point for Caceres' groin kicks, the second point was for Koscheck later in the night.  He just took them both off at the same time. ;-)

2/6/12 5:17 PM
32Hunter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koku_Ryuu -  Young Michael Jackson can say what he want. Those were brutal low blows.....and given what they take out of a guy.....Figueroa still deserves credit for staying in the fight. Young MJ needs to learn how to finish subs.....not worry about inside leg kicks.
Funny I completely agree with you here. Phone Post
2/6/12 5:23 PM
Fillthy
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/12 5:25 PM

Because the first infraction was accidental, but clearly has an impact on Fig's ability to fight. I thought he got his cup cracked when I heard it. Herb let him know that although the shot was vicious enough to take a point, he was only issuing a warning as the strike was accidental. I just wish Herb had been more explicit in his warning...instead of saying 'strong warning' he could've said 'next one WILL cost AT LEAST one point.'

When the 2nd one hit, the cumulative effect was the same as if Alex had already landed an official-warning shot and point-deduction shot.
2/6/12 5:32 PM
Megatherium
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Figueroa should have returned fire.

Twice.
2/6/12 5:58 PM
John Nic

Edited: 02/06/12 5:58 PM
 i havent heard ballshots that hard before in the ufc myself.. might want to work on his bjj instead of trying to be anderson silva in his stand up.

i think had there been a third that they let Fig have one clean kick to Bruce Leroy's balls
2/6/12 6:01 PM
FRAZTV
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - A lot of people are saying that Caceres is being a poor sport and whinny. I talked with him at the end of he event and he was still very humble and respectful. Yes he was down, sad and upset but he wasn't being a poor sport, or throwing out slanderous comments.
We told him that we are sorry for the outcome but thank him for putting his health on the line to entertain us (we also said the same to Figueroa) and he bowed to us and thanked us.

I get him being upset and waning to challenge this, it's his livelihood and as he said, he worked hard to build his record.

Having said that he did land 2 nut shots and there are repercussions for that, I just think it should have been 1 point. If Herb thought it was so deliberate that it warranted a 2 point deduction he should have disqualified him.

Just my opinion.

You thanked him for putting his health on the line?
He bowed to you?

Yeah, cool story bro.
2/6/12 6:28 PM
the geek
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRAZTV - 
the geek - A lot of people are saying that Caceres is being a poor sport and whinny. I talked with him at the end of he event and he was still very humble and respectful. Yes he was down, sad and upset but he wasn't being a poor sport, or throwing out slanderous comments.

Just my opinion.

You thanked him for putting his health on the line?
He bowed to you?

Yeah, cool story bro.

Sorry for having manners and being respectful.

Next time I'll tell him to man up, don't be a pussy and win the fucking fight...

is that what you'd prefer? Or do you just have a tough time reading?
2/6/12 6:48 PM
twodragunns

What a douche comment .... he kicked Fig twice with flagrant kicks to the groin and he says this? Yes he would have won the fight if he didn't foul his opponent, but he did and has to live with the decision. He should keep his mouth shut and train...... guys still a rook in the big show.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.