UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roger Gracie close to signing w/Blackhouse, at 185

2/7/12 2:24 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Roger Gracie, one of the greatest BJJ champions of all time, is close to signing with Blackhouse, and may drop to 185.

“It’s not sure yet, we’re working on the little details”, explains Blackhouse co-founder Jorge Guimaraes, who is a decades-long friend with Roger’s father, the red belt Mauricio Gomes. “His father is my friend from Rolls Gracie time, he’s someone I really like and I really care for Roger. I guess Roger is an example, not only as a fighter, but as a person. I’ll do everything I can do for him, it’ll be a challenge for me."

“He has all the tools to build up a great MMA career, he just need some work, focused. I’m sure he’ll be a tough one to fight in MMA."

Guimaraes also revealed the possibility of Roger dropping to middleweight. “He’s considering dropping, but it’s not set in stone yet."

Roger is 4-1 as a light heavyweight, with his sole defeat to former Strikeforce champion King Mo Lawal, in September of 2011. In Jorge’s opinion, accepting this bout was an error. “His fight with King Mo did not come on the right moment," Said Guimares. "If I was his manager back then, I would not have let him fight King Mo, but it’s past now, so let’s move on."

Read entire article...

2/7/12 2:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
I wish he would bulk up and stay at LHW
2/7/12 2:37 PM
Whambo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed on the King Mo, too much too soon. He should be fighting more often as well.
2/7/12 3:09 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truth:

and he will never ever hold a MMA belt, in any division, in any top MMA promotion - unless all the current champions and contenders are put on a plane then flown into the ocean at top speed.

If Roger fucking Gracie can't beat King Mo at this stage of his life, then his chances are very slim of ever beating anyone of significance.
2/7/12 3:12 PM
irishrottie
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - Truth:

and he will never ever hold a MMA belt, in any division, in any top MMA promotion - unless all the current champions and contenders are put on a plane then flown into the ocean at top speed.

If Roger fucking Gracie can't beat King Mo at this stage of his life, then his chances are very slim of ever beating anyone of significance.

What a negative little cunt you are. Cant be happy to see he is going to train with some killers and then be better prepared to compete in mma and showcase probably the best BJJ in the world. nah, u are an mma fan in 2012.
2/7/12 3:15 PM
diggity

irishrottie -

What a negative little cunt you are. Cant be happy to see he is going to train with some killers and then be better prepared to compete in mma and showcase probably the best BJJ in the world. nah, u are an mma fan in 2012.
Thank you Irish, well said. Phone Post
2/7/12 3:16 PM
Authority Figure

irishrottie - 

Roger isn't my kin. I don't have to "stay positive". lol I can call it exactly as I see it. After nine years of watching MMA I can say I'm neither fickle nor delusional.
2/7/12 3:16 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

Train with who? Are you one of the people who still think Blackhouse is a team?

2/7/12 3:19 PM
Hendpwned
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://hookedonhouses.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/black-house.jpg
2/7/12 3:20 PM
irishrottie
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - 
irishrottie - 

Roger isn't my kin. I don't have to "stay positive". lol I can call it exactly as I see it. After nine years of watching MMA I can say I'm neither fickle nor delusional.

just a negative little cunt thats all.
2/7/12 3:21 PM
irishrottie

Gokudamus stole my name - 
irishrottie - 

signing with black house has generally ment training with other fighters under contract with them in the past.
2/7/12 3:29 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

185? Roger is a big dude
2/7/12 3:30 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People to hard on Roger for his lose to Mo, he didnt even look that bad, just got clipped when he let his guard down he needs to keep working that jab and defense standing
2/7/12 3:32 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Authority Figure - 
irishrottie - 

LOL at "After 9 years of watching mma" like its some credential on your shitbag resume. I can just see your fat gunt of a stomach right now u piece of shit
2/7/12 3:35 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/07/12 3:35 PM
i hope this won't prevent him from facing Jacare
2/7/12 3:39 PM
KC007

This is great news and I'm excited for Roger. I think training with guys at Black House can only make him better.

Hopefully 2012 will be a good year for him. Phone Post
2/7/12 3:46 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

Anderson Silva was there yesterday
2/7/12 4:10 PM
Authority Figure

HOLLYWOOD-MO - 
Authority Figure - 
irishrottie - 

LOL at "After 9 years of watching mma" like its some credential on your shitbag resume. I can just see your fat gunt of a stomach right now u piece of shit

What is a "gunt"? I work out 5 days a week. I run, lift, hike, rappel, swim, etc.

My point is that looking at my "join date" makes sense for children, but it has no bearing on when I actually began paying attention to the sport. For what it's worth, although I'm not an active martial arts practitioner, I did study Karate as a kid. *shrugs*
2/7/12 4:15 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
irishrottie - 

Anderson Silva was there yesterday

Yes some of the fighters under managment show up at the Blackhouse gym when they are in town. But they spend most of the year preparing in Brazil with their own teams

Roger is not going to gain much from showing up at Blackhouse gym hoping Anderson or Noguiera is in the US at the time. He needs to move to a full time MMA team
2/7/12 4:27 PM
theppfftt
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its a smart move. Really for the most part all he really needs is his striking. to bad JDS wasn't still there or i think he isn't?
2/7/12 4:53 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Authority Figure -
HOLLYWOOD-MO - 
Authority Figure - 
irishrottie - 

What is a "gunt"? I work out 5 days a week. I run, lift, hike, rappel, swim, etc.

My point is that looking at my "join date" makes sense for children, but it has no bearing on when I actually began paying attention to the sport. For what it's worth, although I'm not an active martial arts practitioner, I did study Karate as a kid. *shrugs*
Having "Running" as first in that list proves you're a Pussy.

Now shut the fuck up Phone Post
2/7/12 4:58 PM
thebasher

he doesn't have the tools - his striking is appalling and I can't see him holding a title in a major organization
2/7/12 5:16 PM
Neil McCauley

thebasher - he doesn't have the tools - his striking is appalling and I can't see him holding a title in a major organization

he has outstuck every single fighter hes faced so far outside of king mo. he dropped randleman with a knee and has shown a really nice jab. but i bet you never watched any of those, you just see knockout loss to king mo on fightfinder.

Authority Figure - Truth:

you are either an idiot or criminally underrate mo's game. Mo could beat any fighter in the ufc 205 pound division. infact i would favor him over everyone outside jon jones.
2/7/12 5:25 PM
BJJkilla
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

185? he's going to look like a skeleton if he drops down.
2/7/12 6:11 PM
Ingo Weigold
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!
 This is great news, because if Roger can make 185, that means I can fuck J Lo. :) Life is good.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.