UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Best John Grisham Books?

2/8/12 9:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Devereaux
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've read a painted house and am currently reading Runaway Jury. I also have Street Lawyer in my possession but have yet to read it. So what do you think are his best novels?
2/23/12 12:34 AM
PJ Dive

The Firm is one of his best in my opinion. His new one, The Litigators, was disappointing.
2/26/12 5:06 AM
Devereaux

That's good to know. I saw it at the store the other night and considered picking it up but opted out.
2/27/12 2:18 PM
PJ Dive

I mean, it's written really well of course. But it's lacking in the suspense/thriller aspect. It just becomes a basic courtroom drama.

How is Runaway Jury?
8/27/12 10:25 PM
OKMike

I have read all of Grisham's novels except his latest one (not counting his children's books). My favorite book of his is "The Rainmaker". My other favorites are "A Time to Kill", "The Firm", and "The Partner".
9/10/12 7:42 PM
Louisvillain
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His best books were the ones about his wife's butthole.
9/20/12 3:02 PM
MattyIce
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hands down The Street Lawyer is my favorite, but it seems to piss off the Conservatives I have recommended it to. Painted House was great as well.

If you are a sports fan, Calico Joe and Playing for Pizza are good reads, too. I also prefer his non-legal books, he has a definite talent for writing.
10/15/12 12:17 PM
SecondBase
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Firm and the Pelican Brief were my favorite of his. I did like Calico Joe too.
1/24/13 4:53 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pelican brief was the first I read and it stuck with me. I really enjoyed the street lawyer too. The associate was good too.

If you like his books, ill also recommend Steve martini. The attorney is an awesome book.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.